+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on my GCMS notes

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Hello,
My SP was rejected second time. I ordered GCMS notes. In GCMS there was no details. VO only mentioned the refusal statement no details or explanation was there. Please help me understand. Notes from the officer:

I have reviewed the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. The applicant does not have significant family ties outside Canada. The purpose of the applicant's visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

First Refusal -23 aug 2022
• You have significant family ties in Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Second Refusal - 6 Dec 2022
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
My SP was rejected second time. I ordered GCMS notes. In GCMS there was no details. VO only mentioned the refusal statement no details or explanation was there. Please help me understand. Notes from the officer:

I have reviewed the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. The applicant does not have significant family ties outside Canada. The purpose of the applicant's visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

What is your full profile? Program? Anyone in Canada?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,

looks like you are not living in your country of origin/citizen and you have family members in Canada...

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
What is your full profile? Program? Anyone in Canada?
my profile -
admitted for IT diploma in SAIT
Family ties in home country- 60,000CAD
family ties in Canada - GIC of 10,000CAD and first year fee paid
Age - 25
current education - high school
currently job - working in as IT technician in store in Pakistan (offer letter was attached in my SOP)
10th - 60%
12th- 60% in 2018
Ielts - 6.5

This time i have changed my program and collage from IT diploma to bachelor in software system development from university of regina in Saskatchewan.
Yes my brother reside where i was admitted in alberta.

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
looks like you are not living in your country of origin/citizen and you have family members in Canada...
I am living in pakistan and yes my brother is in canada but this time i have changed my collage from his city and also program before it was diploma now i am accepted in bachelor in software system development.

Reactions: Simba112

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
how can i prove family ties inside and outside canada ? I am single and my parents live here with me also my elder siblings are married and live in pakistan.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my profile -
admitted for IT diploma in SAIT
Family ties in home country- 60,000CAD
family ties in Canada - GIC of 10,000CAD and first year fee paid
Age - 25
current education - high school
currently job - working in as IT technician in store in Pakistan (offer letter was attached in my SOP)
10th - 60%
12th- 60% in 2018
Ielts - 6.5

This time i have changed my program and collage from IT diploma to bachelor in software system development from university of regina in Saskatchewan.
Yes my brother reside where i was admitted in alberta.
  • So what are your family ties outside Canada. Your were not admited to a school in Alberta. You are in Saskathewan. So if your brother is in Canada, your family ties would be a spouse and children. You are single so cannot prove family ties.
  • Program: You are 25 with not post secondary? Why are you coming to Canada now? Wanting a study permit at your age for a degree that is usually started at 18 or 19 says to IRCC that you are trying to immigrate. Why cannot you take a degree in your home country? Grades are poor and are 5 years old so IRCC is concerned that you are not a genuine student.
  • Jobs: A degree takes a few years and you may almost be 30 by the time you graduate with an undergrad. What can you show for career progression in Pakistan at 30. Again should be doing undergrad in Pakistan and then post grad program in Canada.