+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on Marital Change while application under process

yangincanada

Oct 18, 2017
Hey guys,

Got a question that need advice from you. I submitted my application on Oct 2017 with marital status as Separated. No medical exam or pcc from spouse was submitted. CIC came back and asked for court document demonstrating the divorce was before the court, which I did submit on Dec 2017. The processing has taken long time. I have been in IP2 since Feb 27, 2018. Since there has been a lot of people who turned to IP2 on Feb 27 getting PPR in these days, I am hoping that ppr will come in days.

Question is: the court has grant me a divorce on March 09, 2018, but this will not take effect until April 10. I am wondering what would be the best way for me:
1. Inform CIC right away, and say that the divorce will take effect on April 10.
2. Wait unitl April 10. If PPR is not yet in my mailbox, inform them at that time.

Since I need to go back to my home country asap, and this matter has been hindered by my pr application. I really need to get ppr ASAP. Based off this, which way would you guys suggest? Especially for those who has similar experience. Would appreciate any input. Thanks!