Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
YES
need advice regarding my childs mild autism any member have the knowldge about this kind of situation? And any success stories of the same case? In general my child is fully functional that he can speak, move, read, play with others.. He was first diagnosed with ASD when he was as i remembered 4 then with the developmental pediatricians advice he undergo speech and occupational therapy in his first 2 years he was enrolled to a Special education class but as of this time he is now going in a regular class though he is a bit delayed compare to those children of his age... Our doctors says his case is a mild autism that my child can live normally like other children can go to school , can finnish studies, can be married someday. I am in express entry and they did medical exam few days ago and i asked my wife to declare the child condition so they would tell me about misrepresentation... I hope i can get advice and hear from other members also in the future.
Thanks! God bless!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would recommend that you search on the word "autism" on this forum. There are a number of historical discussions you may find very helpful.

iyamsky_04

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
YES
Scylla
Thanks but i already read some of that... But doesn't see any success stories...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If your son's autism is that mild - you should be fine. It's parents with children with severe autism who should worry. Having said that - none of us here can predict what may happen. Something that would probably be wise for you to do is start preparing some basic paperwork to prove your child will not be a burden. In the event CIC plans to refuse your application based on your child's situation, you'll be given a chance to respond to convince them otherwise. However you won't have much time - so preparing in advance may be a good idea (although hopefully you won't even get the letter). I would collect evidence like written statements from his teacher(s) confirming he is in a normal classroom, anything you have from doctors, etc.

iyamsky_04

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
YES
Yes i have told my wife to gather all documents needed from school to his pediatrician and developmental pedia. I am also planning to seek an opinion from a psychologist. Because if the worst comes i dont have enough money to be able to hire a lawyer. And its hard for me because i am here in canada.
Thank you again
Scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good luck - I'm sure things will work out.

QQQ

Sep 24, 2013
Hi,

I am in a similar situation and have tried to scan through the forum numerous times... you are right there are many open queries but no one replies back with a success story.

The Physician in our instance did not notice anything but since we did not want to misrepresent we disclosed the diagnosis
since the inital Medical report we were asked to provide additional reports: Pead / psychologist / School report. which we have
He is only 3 and goes to normal school and started talking 6 months ago (when he was diagnosed) since then he has made tremendous progress and is talking alot (not as much as peers) and is pretty independent. So though we and the people involved in his care are confident in his abilities we still fear if the system will look past the diagnosis and the individual child. Who knows... for now we are still waiting last reports were sent 4 weeks ago and no reponse yet.

It would be good if anyone who has gone through this successfully would come forward and share their story.

Oh well best of luck

h1bindia1975

Aug 8, 2015
Hello everyone

I need some information from you Intra company transfer work permit process. I am getting an offer for a transfer to Canada in a functional manager role with a Global Roles and Responsibilities.

I am excited about this new position but i have a 11 year old son who is on mild to moderate Autism. I do not have any intention to file a permanent residency in Canada. But I will like to understand will i be given a 1-1.5 year visa for this role with a constraint that I have a son with Autism.

I need to have some clarity before Monday on this issue and I will be highly obliged if you can help me on that.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately none of us can predict what will happen. There is some chance your son may be refused a temporary visa to Canada due to his condition. But again - none of us here can say for certain what will happen.

Krissy1120

Aug 26, 2017
Scylla
Thanks but i already read some of that... But doesn't see any success stories...
Hello. I am in a similar situation as yours. We applied for PR and has a child with mild autism. May I know if your application was successful? I had browsed all topics but no success stories I have encountered yet. Hopefully I can find someone with similar situation and was successful so I can have an idea. Thank you.