+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on bringing Girlfriend To Canada

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello:
I have met a girl in South Africa.... she is from modest means works at a gas station, her family by Canadian standards we would consider poor....We have fallen in Love and have spent almost all of 2011 together...

My question is what is required for me to get her to Canada with me.... Should she apply for a trv before we marry.... Will it be granted...Should we marry in South Africa and start an outland pr.....How much information are they requesting pertaining to our relationship.... as we haven't emailed each other and have no Idea how to print out our texts to each other.... We have some pictures....but more than anything we have each other...

I am going back to Canada April 09 2012, and we need to start making a plan so we can be reunited shortly...I would like her to come to Canada as soon as possible...

thanks..

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Dinto said:
Hello:
I have met a girl in South Africa.... she is from modest means works at a gas station, her family by Canadian standards we would consider poor....We have fallen in Love and have spent almost all of 2011 together...

My question is what is required for me to get her to Canada with me.... Should she apply for a trv before we marry.... Will it be granted...Should we marry in South Africa and start an outland pr.....How much information are they requesting pertaining to our relationship.... as we haven't emailed each other and have no Idea how to print out our texts to each other.... We have some pictures....but more than anything we have each other...

I am going back to Canada April 09 2012, and we need to start making a plan so we can be reunited shortly...I would like her to come to Canada as soon as possible...

thanks..
first of all, you should start collecting evidences of your relationship and living together(lease or rental agreement, airline tickets and visas, hotel bills, lot of photographs with friends, family and together, engagement pictures, wedding pictures, marriage certificate, trips together (photos and tickets), receipt if you sent her any money, and one cover letter from both side to explain everything about your relationship from first day to present and future plans( more than 3-4 pages ) and lot of other things ). i think you should at least try to get tourist visa for her, its very hard though. (i got rejection)then you should file outland application, doesnt matter, if she got TRV or not.
before submitting your application discuss with senior members of the forum (i am junior but still i will be happy to help :) ) just to make sure if its complete or not.
best of luck for a bright future together :)

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
"Thanks for the advice
We really don't have alot of evidence of our relationship... I have been staying with her and we have a few pictures of us together? Besides a letter from her and I, as well as her mother that lives with us... I really don't know what to do about "evidence"..... as we haven't needed to communicate via email and I don't know how to print out text messages off of our telephones.....(perhaps a letter from the minister that married us and knows us)

Do you think we should try to get a multiple entry temporary visa? and marry later? or should we go ahead and get married in South Africa, I just don't want to be seperated from her for a really long time...

thanks for all your help...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To qualify for a TRV, she will have to prove that she plans to come to Canada as a visitor only and has no plans to stay long term. To support this fact, she will have to show proof that she has strong ties to her home country. She will also have to demonstrate that she has sufficient funds to pay for her trip to Canada and pay her expenses while here.

By all means apply for a TRV and see if she gets approved (I wouldn't push your luck - go with the single entry). However I certainly think there's a significant possibility she will be denied (especially if CIC's knows or suspects she has a boyfriend here). So you should have a plan B in place in case the TRV gets refused (i.e. getting married in SA).

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Hi Scyllia
If we get married in South Africa what are the chances of her getting a trv to visit me in Canada while we wait out the pr process?

SAgirl

Nov 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011
LANDED..........
27-04-2012
Hi Dinto

I managed to get visitor visa’s while still dating my husband and another one when we got engaged. I do think it was because I had very strong ties to SA and submitted lots of proof of my intention to return being return tickets / bank statements / letter of employment. Why don’t you try applying for the TRV before you get married as it will be very difficult to get one approved after you are married...