Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Doc
Hi All...

I have all my certificates and Passport with my Birth Name. But my son's Birth certificate and passport have my marriage name (Last name with my spouse name).

Please advice is this ok to apply?

Also I saw Question no 2 in generic form (Other name used before) ; Can i mention my marriage name and here ? If I add marriage here, should i need to provide any additional document.

Note : I have all my certificate with my birth name ( including ECS certificate).

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
RadhaLenin said:
Hi All...

I have all my certificates and Passport with my Birth Name. But my son's Birth certificate and passport have my marriage name (Last name with my spouse name).

Please advice is this ok to apply?

Also I saw Question no 2 in generic form (Other name used before) ; Can i mention my marriage name and here ? If I add marriage here, should i need to provide any additional document.

Note : I have all my certificate with my birth name ( including ECS certificate).
Hi,
1. It is not clear from your message if your son has his own surname which he has got from his father or it is your surname written incorrectly. The latter is not valid if your surname was never changed officially.
2. Do not mention your marriage name if it was not officially changed. If it was, then provide appropriate supporting documents, e.g. passport page with amendments in your names, your marriage certificate indicating your new surname, etc.

RadhaLenin

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Doc
Thank you so much for your reply... Actually in my son's passport - Mother name is mentioned as my Marriage Name (Last name with my husband name), but ALL my documents are have my birth name (Last name as with my Father name).

Note : No problem with my son's first name and last name.

I never used my Marriage name, but somehow it was printed in my son's passport and also in his birth certificate.

How would be the best solution?.

In this case, shall i need mention in generic form (Other name used before) Question no 2.

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
Rather complicated issue. To me it sounds like your son's birth certificate does not prove that you are his mother because your second name there is completely different from yours in the passport. You should either have changed your second name upon marriage, or have your son's birth certificate replaced with a correct one. It might also be an option to request some official document (letter/statement/etc.) from the organization that has issued the birth certificate so that they could certify you (with you true second name) are the mother of your son :)

But let's hear other people opinion, perhaps things are not so complex as they seem to me and it is enough to provide appropriate explanation in the cover letter and that's it.

P.S. Do not mention your husband's second name as other names used before because you never used it officially.

Good luck!