+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice: Implied Status days towards citizenship.

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
aah waiting waiting and waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
Hi Friends,

I have a situation on claiming Temporary status towards Citizenship - need an advise, please.

Some Stat's: I have a total of 1,216 days physical presence towards citizenship as per physical presence calculator as of today.

Situation: There was a grey area of temporary status before my PR i.e. I was a temporary worker until 2015-April-04 and received a Student permit on 2015-June-29 so here the grey area is between 2015-April-04 and 2015-June-29 which 12 weeks and 2 days ( 86 days ==> 86/2 = 43 days towards Citizenship. )

Question: During the grey area, I was unemployed and resided within Canada so the actual question here is , in Physical presence calculator, should I list the grey area as "Temporary worker" or not ?
If not, what should I do in this case ? There is no suitable option in the temporary days claiming area in the physical presence calculator.

When I checked online , the grey area is termed as "Implied Status" because I applied for Student status BEFORE work permit expired but this grey area could've been a "Restoration" period IF I had applied the Student Permit AFTER work permit expired.

Canireian

Jan 3, 2019
Just hopping in as I saw you had no replies. I think that in your position, I would go ahead and put student permit and then include a supplemental sheet with "For question X, please note that for the period between 4 April 2015 and 29 June 2015, I was residing in Canada, awaiting my student permit and not working, as such, I had Implied Status as a student at this time"

Please note, I am not an expert but I did have some explanatory notes in with my application for various reasons and my application was successful! :)

Canireian

Jan 3, 2019
Also - to clarify- looks like you have a buffer anyway even if the 1,216 days includes the "implied status" days?

ReddyCan

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 8th/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
aah waiting waiting and waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
Already in Canada!
Thank you , Canireian!

Yes, I do have the buffer despite a 43 days deduction out of 1,216.

You are correct, I think its better to have some additional sheet to explain the situation - better safe than sorry!