+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice from Lawyers about a complicated situation

ehsan8

Jun 29, 2015
Hello,

I Have a somewhat complicated situation and I would like to know what some of the lawyers on this website think.

I am a Canadian citizen and I am a physician. I went to my home country, Iran a few months ago and met a girl. After 4 months we decided that we want to get married. I just came back to Canada after my 4 months vacation. My fiance and I know we are going to get married, however since the immigration process for a spouse takes about 9-11 months we prefer if she could come to Canada with a TRV for a few months and then we go back to Iran (after her visa expires) to get married and go through the 9-11 months process. This helps her to see Canada, the culture, job opportunities and also my life.

My question is that what are her chances as an Iranian citizen to get a visitor visa? (considering she has her whole family in Iran, she has a full time jwhich ob in Iran with work insurance, and has some assets in Iran)

Is there any other way we can have her come to Canada that takes less than 9-11 months?

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There are actually no immigration lawyers on this forum. We're just regular people helping each other. (If you want immigration lawyer advice you'll unfortunately have to pay for it).

It's really impossible for any of us to say what the chances are that your fiance will be granted a visa. It tends to be more difficult to be approved if you are younger, not married / no children, and haven't traveled to other countries requiring visas.

Other than a visitor visa or sponsoring her for PR - other means of coming to Canada include a work permit. This is a very difficult process that would require her to first find an employer in Canada who is willing to offer her a full time job and then waiting many months for the employer to be given approval to hire her. This probably isn't a very realistic option and may take just as long as the spousal sponsorship process (if you even find an employer).

A study permit is another option (although an expensive one). She will first have to be accepted by a school - and it's too late for the September intake so January would be the earliest date that would work to start school. Once she is accepted into a program she would have to apply for a study permit, show that she has sufficient funds to pay for both her schooling and living expenses and also prove she is a genuine student with strong ties to her home country. To be approved, the schooling she chooses in Canada will also have to make sense in light of her previous studies and experience.

Then there is also applying to immigrate independently (e.g. as a skilled worker).