04-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-27-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
Planning in Oct
Hello,
I had got my husbands ECA evaluation for Masters done already and we got a reference number. Today we got his bachelors evaluation request with WES done and obviously we have not received the evaluation yet but got a new reference number for it. I called up WES and they said that the old reference number will not work and new reference number will have the masters and bachelors linked to it. We have a score of 482 and are expecting an ITA soon. Related to that I have a couple of Q's:

Considering we get an ITA in the next round I was looking for suggestions on how to deal with the situation.

Situation 1:
Let's say ECA of bachelors is not done when we get ITA in the next round. Currently, we have mentioned in the EE profile the old reference number in the masters section and no reference number for bachelors. Suppose a week or so after the ITA we will get the ECA with the date of issue and evaluation with new reference number. Can I change my EE profile after ITA and add new reference number for masters and bachelors? Will that affect my application or rejection of my application?

Situation 2:
I will be done with masters in Dec. Suppose we get an ITA before Dec. is it necessary to do my masters evaluation after that? It will add two points but wondering if they require it or my earlier bachelors will suffice.

Will appreciate inputs. Little nervous about the situation.

Thanks!

NishaK

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2016
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
4th Dec, 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront, R-9, L-9, W-8, S-8.5
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-27-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
Planning in Oct
Anyone do you have inputs? Looking to hear inputs from experienced folks

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
The base rule to get points in EE is that you have all the documents before you receive ITA.

1. In your case, as WES has already instructed that old reference number will not work you should wait for evaluation to be completed using new reference number. If you accept ITA and you do not have documentary before that then you will face rejection. You can update your information after receiving ITA as far as it does not affect your points. But make sure you do not enter wrong information to gain points and then update it post ITA.

2. If you are claiming points for masters degree then you need to do evaluation otherwise not.

I hope this clarifies your doubts.

NishaK

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2016
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
4th Dec, 2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-27-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
Planning in Oct
Thank you for getting back. Just to clarify, the highest degree (Masters) has already been evaluated and we have the hard copy of that (with old reference number). Now that we got the bachelors degree from the university we upgraded the report to include bachelors evaluation as well. So, we have hard copy evidence of Masters and not bachelors ( and that is what we have mentioned in the EE profile when we created it. Choose no evaluation for B.Tech and evaluation for MS). However, because of the upgrade, the old reference number will not work when CIC will look up the WES portal (because of the upgrade - as stated by WES) but we can still send them the hard copy as an attachment as an evidence.

1. To understand your point, suppose we have an ITA on Oct 25 and we get the Bachelors evaluation and the reference number on Oct 29. Are you saying we can wait for these many days to accept the ITA?

2.ITA should be accepted ASAP/the same day or there is a certain timeframe for that.

3. Also, as it will not affect the points, till what timeframe can we update our profile after getting in invitation but before and after we accept the ITA if points or not changing? e.g. change in the reference code, change in the job NOC code etc.

Looking forward for your reply!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no such thing as "accepting an ITA".

You accept the ITA by submitting your completed eAPR and supporting documents within the 60-day post-ITA time limit.

NishaK

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2016
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
4th Dec, 2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-27-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
Planning in Oct
Within this 60 day period can I change my EE profile information like my new ECA reference number and NOC for one of my jobs and then submit and other info which will not affect my points?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NishaK said:
Within this 60 day period can I change my EE profile information like my new ECA reference number and NOC for one of my jobs and then submit and other info which will not affect my points?
I think so, but I'm not certain.

NishaK

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2016
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
4th Dec, 2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-27-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2017
LANDED..........
Planning in Oct
Can anyone else shed light on this? Who has a definitive answer .. that will help a lot

rahul149

Jun 21, 2017
Can anyone else shed light on this? Who has a definitive answer .. that will help a lot
I am stuck with the exactly same issue for myself. Thanks to you that I got to know that the old reference no. of Masters would not work (would expire). But I guess then we are left with no choice but to update the Masters' details also with the new reference no. What did you eventually do? Did u get an ITA? Did your application get through? Please let me know as that would be very helpful.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
I am stuck with the exactly same issue for myself. Thanks to you that I got to know that the old reference no. of Masters would not work (would expire). But I guess then we are left with no choice but to update the Masters' details also with the new reference no. What did you eventually do? Did u get an ITA? Did your application get through? Please let me know as that would be very helpful.
You only need the Masters ECA done - the highest qualification.

rahul149

Jun 21, 2017
You only need the Masters ECA done - the highest qualification.
Incorrect. Visit this link http://www.wes.org/required/india-instructions.asp?inst=2

It clearly states that "For all applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip earned on top of a three year Bachelor’s Degree (12+3+2) for evaluation, WES requires that you provide your Bachelor’s degree documents, otherwise WES cannot complete the evaluation." This means that WES does a Bachelors + Masters combined ECA now, instead of only Masters', as used to be the case few years back.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Incorrect. Visit this link http://www.wes.org/required/india-instructions.asp?inst=2

It clearly states that "For all applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip earned on top of a three year Bachelor’s Degree (12+3+2) for evaluation, WES requires that you provide your Bachelor’s degree documents, otherwise WES cannot complete the evaluation." This means that WES does a Bachelors + Masters combined ECA now, instead of only Masters', as used to be the case few years back.
My bad. Didn't realise we were talking about a Masters from India.