+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice! Changed program and defered to January

jaskiratsingh

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
Hey guys, I recently got my aip approved for 1 year program. However, I recently got an opportunity to enroll myself for the better 2 year program which is more practical.
Will going to hamper may stage 2 visa approval.
Ircc in webinar have mentioned that they donot have any issue if a student defer to January but I'm concerned about the course change.
I've got new loa
Shall I update them now or shall I do it after final approval.

Reactions: deni2020

Capricorn11

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Hey guys, I recently got my aip approved for 1 year program. However, I recently got an opportunity to enroll myself for the better 2 year program which is more practical.
Ircc in webinar have mentioned that they donot have any issue if a student defer to January but I'm concerned about the course change.
I've got new loa
Pls share your timeline

jaskiratsingh

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
Pls share your timeline
offer letter applied on: 21 October 2019
offer letter received on:12 November
1-year fees paid on:13 Jan
gic paid on: 10 Feb 2020
gic certificate received on:15 Feb 2020
medical done on: 11 Feb 2020
visa applied: 24 Feb
bio metrics: 28 Feb
Bio-metrics updated: 28 Feb
Medical updated and review of eligibility: 4 march
Aip received: 14 august

Reactions: Capricorn11

Krupesh112

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
I've got new loa
Your eligibility shouldn't be changed after AIP, vo might refused ur application in second stage. Deferment is good but don't change ur course.

deni2020

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
What will happen with students starting online classes in Fall20 and continuing online studies in Winter21 due to Canadian borders closed? Will Canadian government allow them to get in Canada in Jan21 to continue online classes WITHIN Canada? Otherwise, the program won’t count towards PGWP for those who will study 1 year program... people with 2 year Program Are still safe because they can study 1year online outside Canada I guess....

Aman_S

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
What will happen with students starting online classes in Fall20 and continuing online studies in Winter21 due to Canadian borders closed? Will Canadian government allow them to get in Canada in Jan21 to continue online classes WITHIN Canada? Otherwise, the program won’t count towards PGWP for those who will study 1 year program... people with 2 year Program Are still safe because they can study 1year online outside Canada I guess....
It is not possible that they gonna be closing the borders for 1 year.
If you have 1 year course and you will be starting your classes in September.
Having said that even if you have to complete 50% course outside Canada, you will still going to have time to complete your rest of the course in Canada.
Let say you complete 6 months here . You will still have time until march beginning to go .
I am not a astrologist but I don’t think so they will be closing borders untill march.
Rest you decide what you think is best.

mga20

Star Member
May 24, 2020
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
20-07-2020
We can't predict what the Canadian government would do at that time. So far, only US students have been given an exemption to enter in. And in the webinar sessions they clearly mentioned that those who are going to pursue a 1-year program and are worried that the winter semester might also be online, need to weigh their options (whether to defer or not). But they clearly won't be eligible for PGWP in that case.

deni2020

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
@mga20
Thanks for your comment! I haven’t attended any webinars... I wasn’t aware....
I already deferred to Jan21 because I haven’t received an answer.... my program Is 1 Year... I’m afraid if Jan21 and May21 Are online semesters and borders remain closed... I know it sounds freaky but as Covid is still in the air... everything is possible.... Moreover, My Medical exams will expire in Jan21 and I’m even thinking that as I deferred to Jan21 they can delay my file’s response (approval or refusal) Until December or Jan... who knows!

deni2020

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
It is not possible that they gonna be closing the borders for 1 year.
If you have 1 year course and you will be starting your classes in September.
Having said that even if you have to complete 50% course outside Canada, you will still going to have time to complete your rest of the course in Canada.
Let say you complete 6 months here . You will still have time until march beginning to go .
I am not a astrologist but I don’t think so they will be closing borders untill march.
Rest you decide what you think is best.
It’s not 6 months... it’s 4 months because my program is for 8months :/ + coop...
I was thinking to apply for a second program (also 1 year) before finishing my 1st program but I will be able to ask for permit extension if I’m in Canada.... but if I’m outside Canada I will have to ask for a new study permit and again the whole process... it would be better if I’m inside Canada by May21 at least.... to study my remaining 50% in Canada and to ask for a study permit extension....

Aman_S

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
It’s not 6 months... it’s 4 months because my program is for 8months :/ + coop...
I was thinking to apply for a second program (also 1 year) before finishing my 1st program but I will be able to ask for permit extension if I’m in Canada.... but if I’m outside Canada I will have to ask for a new study permit and again the whole process... it would be better if I’m inside Canada by May21 at least.... to study my remaining 50% in Canada and to ask for a study permit extension....
Oh ok....
So by may 21 you think you will only complete 50% of your course?
Because you said if you can be in Canada by may 21 so that you can complete rest of the course.

deni2020

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Oh ok....
So by may 21 you think you will only complete 50% of your course?
Because you said if you can be in Canada by may 21 so that you can complete rest of the course.
Exactly.... I deferred to Jan21... if I’m approved before Jan21 I can start online classes in Jan21 or travel if classes in Jan21 are in person AND IF Canadians allow foreign students get in Canada in Jan21....
If I study online from Jan21 to Apr21 I hope to continue my 2nd (and final semester) in Canada in May21 .... and inside Canada I can apply to study a second program and For a study permit extension .... if I’m outside Canada in May21 my whole 1 program year won’t count towards PGWP and even it will be more complicated to apply for a new study permit for studying a second program in person.... and obviously having paid 1 year program of 16k cad without obtaining a PGWP doesn’t make any Sense!

Aman_S

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Exactly.... I deferred to Jan21... if I’m approved before Jan21 I can start online classes in Jan21 or travel if classes in Jan21 are in person AND IF Canadians allow foreign students get in Canada in Jan21....
If I study online from Jan21 to Apr21 I hope to continue my 2nd (and final semester) in Canada in May21 .... and inside Canada I can apply to study a second program and For a study permit extension .... if I’m outside Canada in May21 my whole 1 program year won’t count towards PGWP and even it will be more complicated to apply for a new study permit for studying a second program in person.... and obviously having paid 1 year program of 16k cad without obtaining a PGWP doesn’t make any Sense!
Yeah I think,you did correct... now you have time untill may21.
Just don’t change the course and apply for extension in canada.
Good luck