+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need advice -- cannot apply for BC medical

Lolopizzo

Feb 1, 2020
My understanding is that you can decide if you do outland or inland. The border agent confirmed that we can apply to extend her vistor visa regardless if it's outland or inland. IRCC also confirmed this. We were outland when we decided we would move to Canada so it seemed to make sense to apply that way as it gets the application going sooner.

I think this is mostly a problem for us because outlands are still paper based and not entered into the system and COVID has slowed that. In the absense of COVID we would have our AOR1 and would just provide them that letter.
everybody who applied inland application with open work permit is a paper based application...people from March do not have AOR’s yet and cannot link accounts or see any information.

AdrianVilnius

Jul 31, 2020
I think I'm misreading this letter. They don't want to see "the receipt showing payment" they want to see that the application was received by IRCC. In other words they want AOR1.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 I didn't know that. When I was researching this and in the spring when we were trying to figure out what to do that never came up that it was a new policy. Can I ask how you find this information out? I would like to know more.
Believe the change in policy may be from this year. It was really never publicized. So no time details about whether it a pilot program or hear to stay.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I can be completely wrong here, but I thought outland application are for people that are stationed not in Canada and wants to come to Canada when their PR is approved. So in that case they will see you as a non-residence of BC? So to the gov, you are just a visitor with no status currently? Also, don't outland need to do interview at the country they did their app at? Just curious.
Outland can be applied for within Canada bu5 allows people to travel out of Canada during the sponsorship period.

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Inland applications are also paper based, and as mentioned before, the payment receipt was all we needed to qualify. I'm also betting your problems are with the outland application.

A requirement of BC Medical is that you reside in BC. If you have an inland application you are claiming that you are living in Canada during your application. When you apply outland you are claiming you are residing outside of Canada during your application, regardless if you have a TRV and are actually visiting inside Canada.

Sorry for your troubles.