+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice about change of program

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Hi,
I recently got the approval for study visa, but now the program that I enroll in is already full. My agency is suggesting I will change my program. My concern is will IRCC look into my study plan, and question why did I take another program instead? I am currently outside Canada still.
Have anyone encountered the same situation?
I am now really in a dilemma whether should I defer my intake or change my program?
pls help me

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
So there are two possibilities either you fly to Canada and then apply for change of program and inform IRCC, doing so will give u an edge of rapid processing and you will be good to get the new program no fear or visa refusal and all that
Or you can get now LOA inform VO about your new LOA and change of program with proper justification via webform and wait for their response accordingly

Last edited:

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
So there are two possibilities either you fly to Canada and then apply for change of program and inform IRCC, doing so will give u an edge of rapid processing and you will be good to get the new program no fear or visa refusal and all that
Or you can get now LOA inform VO about your new LOA ans change of program with proper justification via webform and wait for their response accordingly
hi, thanks for ur suggestion..May I know usually after stamping of passport. How long is the validity for me to enter in Canada?

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
hi, thanks for ur suggestion..May I know usually after stamping of passport. How long is the validity for me to enter in Canada?
One has to travel within the travel dates passed by the IRCC. If you are asking with respect to ur study program then it must be not more than 28 days before the start of ur program.

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Or you can get now LOA inform VO about your new LOA ans change of program with proper justification via webform and wait for their response accordingly
hi, do you think it will affect my application?..and do I need to submit a new study plan for that?

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
Obviously opting a new program needs justification why you switched and why the new program? Its correlation and role in ur careers progression. It will certainly affect you file, however positive or negative, i cant say anything about that