+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need a suggetion on my refusal

kapilraval82

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
I applied from Buffalo when i was in USA on j1 visa in June 2008. In February i applied for my work permit to Canada and i got it and came to Canada as a food counter attendant. in June i got an interview letter mentioning u will have to attend the interview to CIC Detroit along with letter they send medical papers. i did my medical and then i applied for US visitor visa(calgary us consulate) to attend the interview. My US visa was refused saying u r not a permanent residant to canada we advise u to apply (for ur US visa) from your home country.

I inform CiC Detroit that i will not be able to attend the interview. The Detroit office transferred my file to CHC New delhi for further processing and interview. (CiC Detroit specially mentioned that ur file is transferred for Interview and further processing.)

After two months in October i got refusal letter from CHC Delhi saying u have score insufficient points to qualify as a skilled worker. They mentioned following chart in the Letter.

Age 10
Education 25
Official Language 9
Experience 15
Arrenged Emp. 00
Adaptibility 04

-------
Total 63

I was shocked and wondering why they refuse my application without calling me for interview Though CIC detroit Emailed me and specially mention that your application is transferred for further processing and interview?

If they wanted to refuse then why they sent first the medical and interview call from detroit?

Plz answer my questions and also advise is there any possibilities to be successful?

(This might helpful to many applicants.)

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kapilraval82 said:
I applied from Buffalo when i was in USA on j1 visa in June 2008. In February i applied for my work permit to Canada and i got it and came to Canada as a food counter attendant. in June i got an interview letter mentioning u will have to attend the interview to CIC Detroit along with letter they send medical papers. i did my medical and then i applied for US visitor visa(calgary us consulate) to attend the interview. My US visa was refused saying u r not a permanent residant to canada we advise u to apply (for ur US visa) from your home country.

I inform CiC Detroit that i will not be able to attend the interview. The Detroit office transferred my file to CHC New delhi for further processing and interview. (CiC Detroit specially mentioned that ur file is transferred for Interview and further processing.)

After two months in October i got refusal letter from CHC Delhi saying u have score insufficient points to qualify as a skilled worker. They mentioned following chart in the Letter.

Age 10
Education 25
Official Language 9
Experience 15
Arrenged Emp. 00
Adaptibility 04

-------
Total 63

I was shocked and wondering why they refuse my application without calling me for interview Though CIC detroit Emailed me and specially mention that your application is transferred for further processing and interview? They probably got in touch with you but did not get any response from you.

If they wanted to refuse then why they sent first the medical and interview call from detroit? I doubt that their intention is to refuse you. However if you did not supply information on time, they might have made their conclusions based on the documents before them.

Plz answer my questions and also advise is there any possibilities to be successful? I think you need to increase your points by doing the IELTS again or newly if you haven't before.

(This might helpful to many applicants.)

kapilraval82

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
Thanks friend

i did IELTS in last june 2009. i got 6 bands. they awarded 9 points for language proficiency and over all points for my refusal was 63. But as i already in canada working under skill D (food counter attendant). I am thinking to re apply in march 2010 because at that time i will complete my 1 year of experience in Canada.

I feel that previous 63 Plus 5 points for one year of experience in Canada total would be 68.

Do you feel that i should re apply for IELTS?

Also my wife is pregnant here in Canada (she is with me on 2 years visitor as a spouse). Her Due date is June 2010 for baby will they consider to award me extra 5 points as Adaptability for having a Canadian citizen baby?

Sometimes worried and thinking about hiring a representative. Should i hire?

kapilraval82

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
Plz suggest should i re apply after our baby birth in june or in march as soon as i complete 1 year as a foreign worker in canada.

juanda78

Star Member
Feb 17, 2009
Canada
I think the problem is your current position... Noc Code "D" isn't considered skilled worker... this is why you got 0 for arranged employment.
The only thing I can think of is getting 16 points for language...

kapilraval82

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
Yes, but sometimes i think that if i complete one year experience under skill D and then apply, I feel that i get extra 5 points under a year experience in canada. Plz advised i m thinking right?