Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Agreed. I doubt IRCC would take steps like this without them feeling pretty confident there are grounds to pursue it to the full extent.
I don't think they always do random check...so gotta be something that raises their attention...And gabrielvillani just said that his ex is sponsoring someone else...that's probably the reason why they are suspecting...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
They're taking it as "marriage of convenience". It is a serious issue, pls act asap and diligently. The good news is ~ you might just not need a lawyer. If your unison was genuine* pls write a detailed case letter to your IO with appropriate supporting documents. You may hit a QA interview, in which you can further justify your case, yourself. And in genuine cases you've nothing to worry sans the delay.

*if it was not - then a lawyer is your best bet, provided s/he can fight it out.

Ps.: Passing the citizenship test is not a right to the oath.

Reactions: gabrielvillani

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Oh and another one.. she is sponsoring some else right now lol.. maybe they suspected her too a lil bit? And questioning both of us?
oh...In this case, CIC will only question the sponsored party as you are the applicant. They wouldn't care much about the sponsor, as they are the "Canadian party" which should be conveniently protected more....unfortunately...

Feb 16, 2018
My lawyer said that they only come across with this kinda cases once or twice a year... She had 5 cases like this. Succeeded on 4...

Feb 16, 2018
Her sponsoring someone else is indeed a big red flag!

But your sponsorship looks genuine from what you've written here.
Buddy, I swear she proposed me to marry her.. if she called them saying I lied to her just because we couldn’t get along, that’s a shame

Feb 16, 2018
There is no time limit on how far back IRCC can go when investigating misrepresentation. And regardless of your status, if they decide you received your PR through fraud, they will revoke your PR and your citizenship.
So how long ago did you apply for citizenship? Did you have condition 51 on your PR when you landed? If you did, the only thing I can see is that you separated from your wife before the 2 year condition would have been met. Despite Condition 51 being abolished, if an investigation was started prior to that (possibly from your citizenship application) and they deemed there were reasonable grounds to continue the investigation, that may be where this has come from. It may also be an unhappy "Ex" that has reported you. Difficult to say and they may never tell you the source, but they obviously feel there is sufficient evidence to support a review. Definitely isn't something to take lightly. Find yourself a good immigration lawyer ASAP.
She sponsored me on Feb 2011. So no Im not C51

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Start documenting the relationship, how things were, what went wrong, when it broke down, who suggested immigration....what you have been doing since then, involvement with your child....the whole nine yards. Stick to facts, don't embellish things or make long stories out of it. Point form. Be honest in your answers. If you have copies of the application, review them for accuracy. If you find errors, be prepared to explain them without complicating the matter. Be prepared!!!

Your lawyer will want this anyway. Don't send them to anyone until the lawyer reviews them.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Gather all the information they asked and send it.And please try not to pissed your ex of any further she probably reported you.Did you tell her you were applying for citizenship? Is she a citizen? could she jealous or spiteful? Last but least avoid her unless you guys have a great relationship goodluck.

Feb 16, 2018
Gather all the information they asked and send it.And please try not to pissed your ex of any further she probably reported you.Did you tell her you were applying for citizenship? Is she a citizen? could she jealous or spiteful? Last but least avoid her unless you guys have a great relationship goodluck.
She is a citizen. But she agreed to Write a letter would that help?

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
She is a citizen. But she agreed to Write a letter would that help?
When I applied to become PR in Canada in 2007/2008 I had to go through a rigorous marriage testing and prove that it was not a marriage of convenience. The funny part was, at that point I had been married to a Canadian for 17 years, had three !) kids with him. They wanted to know literally everything...when and how we met, what happened after...we had to give them a detailed run down of 17 years.
Anyhow, in your case, I would probably write down your whole life story with your ex wife, attach pictures from holidays together, family album stuff that show you and her together. Then attach your travel itinerary that shows you visit your child and anything else you can think off. E.g. written statements from friends...
I do not think you need a lawyer if everything is in order and it was not for convenience.
I would send this immediately to the office and sit the test. If it is not resolved before the oath you can then inform CIC of your ongoing process.
I am not a professional, this is just my opinion.