+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need a new visa, but how to cancel the existing one? (International student from Hungary)

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Alirght! Let's see what's going on! Thanks for keeping me updated! :)
hey! IRCC said that I can return on same TRV+Study permit. If the Immigration guys find my study permit valid at the POE/Airport, that's fine else they'll issue a new study permit.

Jun 11, 2019
hey! IRCC said that I can return on same TRV+Study permit. If the Immigration guys find my study permit valid at the POE/Airport, that's fine else they'll issue a new study permit.
Hey, thanks for the info! I also called them, and I was told that simply changing the DLI on my already approved permit is enough. I did that, but I called them again for double checking, and a senior agent told me that if I had been granted a permit, but I have not been studying for more 100 something days, which is 1 year in my case, then the rule is to apply for a new permit. However, my visa was still valid, therefore I was able to change the DLI. But! They told me that the possibility of me entering Canada will depend on the visa officer at the airport. They could either let me in, os put me on a plane back to Hungary. So I either risk it, or apply for a new permit and explain my situation. I did the latter, so now I can only hope that I'm gonna be approved. I'm gonna keep you updated about it!

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
so you applied for a new Visa? I mean a completely new application. When are your classes starting and which institute?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019
ohh cool! IDK what I should do! I'm confused. Will again call IRCC and see what they reply. Good luck with your application.
I was confused too! :) Talked to 2 IRCC agents and got different responses. I just really want to play this safe and not risk anything, that's why I chose to reapply again. I can only hope though that they're gonna understand the situation because the program I'm gonna go back for literally means the world to me.
Thanks for the good wishes! I wish you the same! ;)

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
I was confused too! :) Talked to 2 IRCC agents and got different responses. I just really want to play this safe and not risk anything, that's why I chose to reapply again. I can only hope though that they're gonna understand the situation because the program I'm gonna go back for literally means the world to me.
Thanks for the good wishes! I wish you the same! ;)
ok man! I'll just talk to them once again and see what they say!

Jun 11, 2019
oooh.let's see cuz none of us is sure.I actually have asked one of my friends in Canada to check with IRCC if my Study Permit's still valid.He'll call them in the morning and I'll update once I get to know anything
Hey there! Just a quick update: My study permit has been approved, I received it a couple of days ago. Hope that you'll have yours in your hand soon too!

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Hey there! Just a quick update: My study permit has been approved, I received it a couple of days ago. Hope that you'll have yours in your hand soon too!
congrats brother. I called IRCC and even mailed and they replied that I can land on the same docs

AhirBD

Aug 29, 2019
Hey man, I am struggling through similar situation, however my case is different. I didn't land on Canada, rather I stayed. I even mailed CIC and this is the response I got from them via email:-

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

We will cancel your current study permit.

You will need to submit your passport to the nearest VAC office and pay the corresponding service fee so that we can re-issue a new permit."

Does that mean I have to reapply for visa or I they will change my study permit? I am so confused at the moment. I really need some opinions.