Hi, I have a few questions. My husband is in Canada and I am in the US. My youngest daughter is almost 17 (in August). I know we are supposed to have something giving permission from the other parent if they are minors. My court order says there are no restrictions for where we can live. My ex is not receiving visitation right now, but there is no court order to this fact. He rears his ugly head now and then to start court battles. He has not had any contact with the kids in almost 2 years. I finally got a hold of him over a year ago, he refused to discuss anything, threatened me about contacting him, and ended the conversation. That was the last time I heard anything from him. Other attempts have failed. Although he probably would not sign forms for me anyway, he has no ID and has had no ID for over 2 decades, so it would not be valid. He does everything under the table and as far as I know he hasn't filed a tax return since about that time as well. Since my daughter is almost 17, we wanted to send in the application in the hopes that we can go to Canada as soon as she turns 18, if not right before hand. I know it takes a year to process, but that still leaves a few months until she is 18. Knowing my ex, he would probably lie and cause problems if he knew I said I couldn't contact him, but then again he would not be able to prove that one way or the other. I do not want to be denied over this or for the few months between the one year processing and her 18th birthday. Does anyone have any advice for my situation or know of a similar situation with ages being close to 18? We have already waited for over a year to file because of the age thing and I would hate to have to wait until she was 18 to file. Also, how long is the window that they give you to arrive in Canada? My job usually gives out contracts for 10 months (school) and that is something to consider as well because I do not want to have problems with having to wait until the end of my contract or breaking my contract because of the dates for immigration, which is why we want to send it out now, so that the timing works out for next summer and contract time.