+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need a job offer for CEC to claim the 50 points?

Ontario2023

Aug 22, 2023
Hi guys, I've read through the posts here and learned a lot, really appreciate the information contributed by ppl from different walks of life, a great place!

Here is my case: I need the 50 points for CEC to apply for EE, I've been working for my current Canadian company for 2+ years with a work permit (LMIA exempt, at the right NOC code) under intercompany transfer arrangement. My work permit expired in June 2023 but the company has submitted the renewal of work permit under the same arrangement for another 2 years. I have the employment letter (both the old and the new one for work permit renewal), secondment letter and the company reference letter, and I'm comfortable the info in these documents cover all necessary details of this full time job (e.g., job description, package, hours, etc.).

Do I still need a job offer with the specified language saying that the company will hire me after I obtain the PR? The current employment letter, and secondment letter already specified they are willing to hire me for another 2 years. Not sure if need to go through the hassles with HR but hope the above is clear enough for you to give me advices. Thank you all.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys, I've read through the posts here and learned a lot, really appreciate the information contributed by ppl from different walks of life, a great place!

Here is my case: I need the 50 points for CEC to apply for EE, I've been working for my current Canadian company for 2+ years with a work permit (LMIA exempt, at the right NOC code) under intercompany transfer arrangement. My work permit expired in June 2023 but the company has submitted the renewal of work permit under the same arrangement for another 2 years. I have the employment letter (both the old and the new one for work permit renewal), secondment letter and the company reference letter, and I'm comfortable the info in these documents cover all necessary details of this full time job (e.g., job description, package, hours, etc.).

Do I still need a job offer with the specified language saying that the company will hire me after I obtain the PR? The current employment letter, and secondment letter already specified they are willing to hire me for another 2 years. Not sure if need to go through the hassles with HR but hope the above is clear enough for you to give me advices. Thank you all.
Yes, you need a letter from your company stating they will continue to employ you for a year after you get PR.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019

It is best to get an updated letter with the needed language.

Peteratpete

Feb 25, 2022

I guess you are working for TCS, a lot depend upon officers discretion if the offer letter doesn't have those words.

Khushi877

Jan 9, 2024

Did you claim 50 points in your expess entry profile??