India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello,

I will be applying for PR in the next month or maximum by October. (Just got the UNI transcripts, going to send them to WES, going for IELTS next month).

Anyways just a confirmation, there is absolutely no way to apply for jobs from my home country (India) and actually get them before the PR process ? (I am not that exceptional that I will get sponsorship from the employer). Employers are not looking for oversees candidates to bring into Canada, right ?

So there is no point applying through all the job portals and waiting to hear back from them? Also all the immigration consultants (WWICS, Y AXIS & Others) are promising job assistance ? Is that any good ? I mean does it work? should I rely on them ? Have people genuinely benefited from these job assistance by the consultants?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Hello,

I will be applying for PR in the next month or maximum by October. (Just got the UNI transcripts, going to send them to WES, going for IELTS next month).

Anyways just a confirmation, there is absolutely no way to apply for jobs from my home country (India) and actually get them before the PR process ? (I am not that exceptional that I will get sponsorship from the employer). Employers are not looking for oversees candidates to bring into Canada, right ?

So there is no point applying through all the job portals and waiting to hear back from them? Also all the immigration consultants (WWICS, Y AXIS & Others) are promising job assistance ? Is that any good ? I mean does it work? should I rely on them ? Have people genuinely benefited from these job assistance by the consultants?
Can't say anything about consultants, but usually companies are not looking to spend money on an LMIA to bring outside hires into Canada (unless they have a very exceptional set of skills that they are unable to find in a person who is already in Canada). I would say focus on immigration first while looking into job opportunities online. Start speaking to employers once you have status in Canada.

zerohertz

Dec 21, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Can't say anything about consultants, but usually companies are not looking to spend money on an LMIA to bring outside hires into Canada (unless they have a very exceptional set of skills that they are unable to find in a person who is already in Canada). I would say focus on immigration first while looking into job opportunities online. Start speaking to employers once you have status in Canada.
That's what i thought. I tried applying to numerous jobs across the board, but heck haven't heard from one. All in all I may have applied to a 250 jobs so far without a single response.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
That's what i thought. I tried applying to numerous jobs across the board, but heck haven't heard from one. All in all I may have applied to a 250 jobs so far without a single response.
Most Canadian jobs will mention that they are only available to PRs/citizens/open work permit holders. Try not to exhaust your options before you get here.

zerohertz

Dec 21, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Most Canadian jobs will mention that they are only available to PRs/citizens/open work permit holders. Try not to exhaust your options before you get here.
True. No more job applications from me anymore.

Second, Do you know the step by step guide for the application ?

zerohertz

Dec 21, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
That's alright. Can you confirm if MBBS degree is counted as 2 bachelor's?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
That's alright. Can you confirm if MBBS degree is counted as 2 bachelor's?
From what I can tell, MBBS is the equivalent of a Bachelors of Medicine & a Bachelors of Surgery. I would say yes, but again, I'm not an expert and best to get a second opinion on this as it might play a big role in your wife being the primary applicant for you both.

zerohertz

Dec 21, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
From what I can tell, MBBS is the equivalent of a Bachelors of Medicine & a Bachelors of Surgery. I would say yes, but again, I'm not an expert and best to get a second opinion on this as it might play a big role in your wife being the primary applicant for you both.
Exactly. Can you let me know of a way to verify this? I am kind off at a loss there. Don't know how to verify this actually.

zerohertz

Dec 21, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Ok . Is it possible to connect with your email or TG?