+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need a company who will issue me working permit

aynjhel03

Sep 20, 2008
hi there i'm from the philippines. i would like to ask if anyone here knows a company who hires temporary foreign workers directly? i mean without the help of any employment agency here in the philippines? i need a company who can issue me a working permit so that i can work there. i am willing to shoulder all the processing fee and the plane ticket as well. i hope somebody can help me pls! your help is very much appreciated.thanks!!!!

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
The rules are as follows according to Atty.Bernie Julve of the Philippine Overseas Labour Office for Western Canada here in Vancouver,If they hire 4 or less workers,They can hire directly,If 5 or higher,They have to use an agency,Most companies 90% use agencies,Since We Canadians are Law Abiding and do not want to break the law,Hope this helps

aynjhel03

Sep 20, 2008
thank you so much for the reply bcguy i appreciate it. i really want to work in your country but my problem is i dont have work experience when it comes to service jobs in fastfoods and hotels. in case there is one company who's willing to issue me a working permit is that fine that i dont have any experience in a position which i am applying for? will canadian embassy allow that? tnx for your help.

migwelder

Star Member
Oct 22, 2008
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Nomination.....
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
How about a month or two training for Hotel Room Attendant. Is this qualified to have a TWP for Canada?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, you can go as a hotel room attendant to BC or AB and be able to apply for PR. AB requires you to work only 6 months before you can apply, BC 9 months. AB restricts how many low skilled people the employer can apply for PNP for so you might not get it if he's already processing somebody else. BC doesn't restrict. AB is cheaper to live in, no provincial sales tax and no health care fees as of January 1st but BC has nicer weather.

AB low skill program: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/hotelandlodging.html
BC low skill program: http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/provincialnominee/strategicoccupations/entrylevel.htm

c.serrano

Nov 14, 2008
Hi BCguy, correction on the numbers of worker allowed for direct hire. I consulted with the POEA and they actually allow up to 10 or 12 name-hires per employer. In addition, I don't understand why they put a cap on how many name-hires can leave. One person I know went to the POEA to get an exit clearance after she received her visa. She got the job because of influence from relatives abroad so she didn't have any need for local agencies. She was the 11th filipino foreign worker for that particular employee. POEA said that unless a recruitment agency has a hand on her employment, she won't get an OEC / exit clearance. Isn't that unfair? Just so she can leave, she had a legitimate and POEA accredited recruiter sign her papers for P25,000 and now her papers went through.

Don't you think the cap on name-hires is just another means where filipinos can get exploited by both POEA and local recruiters?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
BCguy said:
The rules are as follows according to Atty.Bernie Julve of the Philippine Overseas Labour Office for Western Canada here in Vancouver,If they hire 4 or less workers,They can hire directly,If 5 or higher,They have to use an agency,Most companies 90% use agencies,Since We Canadians are Law Abiding and do not want to break the law,Hope this helps
Not only Canadians, but there are some other countries too who are Law Abiding....and do not want to break the law.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
There are 2 sides to every issue,I was just helping 2 Filipinos who arrived in Vancouver with visa and LMO s only to find out they were for NONE EXISTANT FAKE JOBS,They were rescued by the community sleeping in a bus station in 5 degrees weather without any winter clothes.I gave them winter clothes,found them temporary work ,bought them a heater and found them temporary rental housing 250$ was the cheapest in a UNHEATED basement.Guess What they paid 400,000 pesos or 10,000$ about 5 years salary to be in this state.I dont see anything wrong with AUTHENTICATION of jobs by POLO to prevent such cases.Does anybody DISAGREE that jobs should be autheticated???HRDC has said they wont,so if the Philippines doesnt Authenticate jobs who will???Several other similiar cases have also come up in Ontario,BC etc.I know it causes lots of red tape But Can you come up with a better solution,We the Province wont do that,Because thats not our job,The Feds wont So I look at POLO Authentication as a neccesary lesser evil

c.serrano

Nov 14, 2008
BCGuy, the world is fortunate to have people like you. I know of another person like you who's helping stranded and unemployed Filipinos in Alberta. I myself have also experienced helping an abused OFW from Dubai, using my own money to buy her (a complete stranger) a plane ticket.

I have a lot of things to say about the POLO authentication and a proposed solution. I don't completely disagree with the POLO authentication but I believe that it is ineffective and unfair to those who already have visas. I will post them on the new and proper thread that you started here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t12017.0.html