+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Necessary clearances and additional verifications, what do these mean

Ahmed1984

Sep 7, 2017
We (me, my wife and our two sons ) applied for the visa on the 6th of June paper application. I inquired about the application status, on July 22nd they reply the following

Dear Applicant,
Your application is still under processing. We have not yet received the necessary clearances to finalize your application.
Please note that we cannot give you an exact date on which your application will be finalized, due to the increased number of applications our office is receiving.

On August 8th they reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

Does anyone face such delay?? The average processing time was 4 weeks when I submitted the application

kmust85

Apr 21, 2018
Average, but not guaranteed.

Blame yourself.. rather your (and/or your wife's) biography. Something there is not clear to CIC. Also maybe CSIS is involved.

Sorry I wanted to ask, why did you say blame yourself? is this not out of Ahmed1984's control?

kmust85

Apr 21, 2018
We (me, my wife and our two sons ) applied for the visa on the 6th of June paper application. I inquired about the application status, on July 22nd they reply the following

Dear Applicant,
Your application is still under processing. We have not yet received the necessary clearances to finalize your application.
Please note that we cannot give you an exact date on which your application will be finalized, due to the increased number of applications our office is receiving.

On August 8th they reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

Does anyone face such delay?? The average processing time was 4 weeks when I submitted the application

Hello Ahmed1984 did you receive anything back?