+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NBPNP: New Brunswick Skilled Workers Express Entry Category: Network Here

Nehakapoor05

Oct 2, 2018
Thank you for your response, am grateful. I was picked under the NBPNP Express Entry Labour Market Stream having never attended any job fair session previously. And in the requirement sent, just at least one year experience in a NOC in the last 10 years.. Thank you again for your response
So you have no connection with the province?

esihinl

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hi Friend,

Thank you for the information, I am sorry if i ask something stupid but i am new to NBPNP process.
Can you make me understand how these events are beneficial for getting NBPNP as i would like to apply for NBPNP but not sure how?

Valuable suggestions are welcome

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Submitted online application today... Has someone recieved nomination through online system?
Funny thing, but I haven't heard of anyone who was nominated through their online system. If I'm wrong, please, correct me, dear friends. All I see, is that they chose people from the pool, and AFTER these happy people create accounts in INGB.

I'm glad for everyone who got lucky, but the province's attitude sometimes make me sad. Chasing them all over the world for 1,5 years to get connection, got it, applied, and still they ignore me completely.

Sorry for complaining :)

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
The NBPNP online system has only been operational since 23rd September 2019, so I don't see how anyone would get "nominated through the online system" this quickly. Their usual processing times after a full application submission is 6-8 weeks (going by the previous paper-based system). Certainly the application processing will (hopefully) speed up eventually, but it's rather overly optimistic to hope that you would a nomination within, say, a week of submitting your full application.

Also, please note, NBPNP has only since this year started to send candidates direct NOIs to apply for NBPNP. Before that the only way to get a nomination was to have some sort of connection to the province. Those conditions still apply, it's just that a direct NOI from NBPNP is now part of that list. So you can create a profile on their new online system but you can't submit an EOI unless you have some connection to them (e.g. direct invite, information session, relative, job offer, etc.)

Bharath9788

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
No, not online, friend, they hold these info sessions and job fairs around the world, this particular one was in Kiev, it was closest location to me, so I went there.
Here is the list of upcoming sessions.
https://www.welcomenb.ca/content/wel-bien/en/recruitment_events.html

I'm not sure if Information Sessions are giving the connection to the province right now. However when I visited it last year, the immigration office assured me that the event gave me the connection. It's valid for 2 years.

Registration in INB system here https://inb.gnb.ca is impossible without connection, so I still hope it all is working :)

Hope I've been helpful.
I am confused after reading recent posts here. Do we need to create INB profile if we have attended information session recently? Also, I heard some people getting ITA or NOI after attending information session. I attended one very recently. I haven't received anything.

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
I am confused after reading recent posts here. Do we need to create INB profile if we have attended information session recently? Also, I heard some people getting ITA or NOI after attending information session. I attended one very recently. I haven't received anything.
Well, you know, in 2017-2018 it looked like this: in case you want to immigrate to NB, have a target NOC and have no other connections to the province, you attend an information session, that gives you a connection. Then you wait for NB to open a "window", and apply online for them to consider your application. This opportunity opened 2-3 times a year only. Since May 2018 they never opened a new "window" to apply, but in September 2019 NB launched a new INGB portal, that accepts registration only if you meet their requirements (including connection).

Honestly speaking, if you obtained a connection on information session and have IELTS and ECA ready and intend to live in NB, I encourage you to register in INGB. I do believe there's no harm in this :) Otherwise I don't know how they are going to understand from the EE pool, if you attended session or not.

Bharath9788

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
Well, you know, in 2017-2018 it looked like this: in case you want to immigrate to NB, have a target NOC and have no other connections to the province, you attend an information session, that gives you a connection. Then you wait for NB to open a "window", and apply online for them to consider your application. This opportunity opened 2-3 times a year only. Since May 2018 they never opened a new "window" to apply, but in September 2019 NB launched a new INGB portal, that accepts registration only if you meet their requirements (including connection).

Honestly speaking, if you obtained a connection on information session and have IELTS and ECA ready and intend to live in NB, I encourage you to register in INGB. I do believe there's no harm in this :) Otherwise I don't know how they are going to understand from the EE pool, if you attended session or not.
Thanks a ton. does INB profile allows to add an information session as a connection?

Also, when I asked immigration officers whether I can use information session as a connection, they weren't sure about that. So, I believed they Dont consider information session as a connection anymore.

Artk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Thanks a ton. does INB profile allows to add an information session as a connection?

Also, when I asked immigration officers whether I can use information session as a connection, they weren't sure about that. So, I believed they Dont consider information session as a connection anymore.
Yes, I heard the same from other people, who attended recent info sessions, that they are no longer considered as connections! That's frustrating a bit, because when I attended session on 2018, I was told by officer, that it's considered as a connection. But they didn't give any opportunity to apply for me and other people who attended those sessions, till this INGB was launched.

So, I still hope it will be OK somehow. Answering your question - when you register, the system asks you if you have a connection to the province, and there you can chose "attending am info session". I entered date and place of info session I attended, and registration was successful.