Abib

Star Member
Jul 17, 2016
Cebu, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
strawberries008 said:
Im going to attend the upcoming information session in Manila on February 17,2017... My ielts exam would just be finished by then which is scheduled one day ahead of the info session. By then, i dont have yet the ielts results. However, i already gathered the other important documents like ECA , cert of employment, proof of funds, resume.. Except for the ielts result that i need to wait for 14days for the official result. Am i still eligible to be given an eoi and ita?.. Or should i wait for the april 2017 info session in which i already have the ielts result.. Im so worried of not getting an ita upfront which i think will be more faster processing. Thank you for replying in advance.
We are also attending and hoping to get some good news out of it. However, based on the information on the registration page, I don't think ITAs will be issued. They will be back in April 2017 with employers and job offers may be issued then.

The Atlantic Canadian Provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island will be in Manila promoting the soon to launch Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project.

We will be presenting on the following:
- Pilot project criteria;
- Atlantic Canada employment opportunities and priority sectors;
- Immigration pathways to Atlantic Canada, and;
- The high quality of life Atlantic Canada offers potential newcomers.

This is step one of our Pilot promotion process.
We will be coming back to the Philippines in April 2017 with employers who will conduct interviews with high skilled candidates matching their employment needs.
Those applicants who receive job offers may be eligible to apply for permanent residency through the Pilot (or another Provincial immigration stream).
All individuals interested in pursuing future immigration opportunities to Atlantic Canada should begin preparing before our April return:
- Language exams, i.e. IELTS General Training
- Educational credential assessment (ECA)
- Proof of work experience
- Sufficient liquid settlement funds

See recent news regarding ATLANTIC IMMIGRATION PILOT - http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1182939 and http://www.cicnews.com/2017/01/atlantic-immigration-pilot-program-announced-018843.html

scargee

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Hello everyone. I tried registering for the upcoming information session in Manila but unfortunately the system won't accept me since we have relatives in another province. :( Anybody else lied about this and attended sessions before? :-[

Abib

Star Member
Jul 17, 2016
Cebu, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scargee said:
Hello everyone. I tried registering for the upcoming information session in Manila but unfortunately the system won't accept me since we have relatives in another province. :( Anybody else lied about this and attended sessions before? :-[
Hi Scargee, are they your first degree relatives? Based on their statement below, it looks like they are only referring to first degree relatives.

Retention and Adaptability:

The Province of New Brunswick has a responsibility to select people who show a high likelihood of becoming economically established in the province. If you have first degree relatives in another province of Canada (brother, sister, parents) we strongly recommend you do not participate to our session and you contact the province where your family resides to inquire about their provincial immigration program

scargee

May 19, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Abib said:
Hi Scargee, are they your first degree relatives? Based on their statement below, it looks like they are only referring to first degree relatives.

Retention and Adaptability:

The Province of New Brunswick has a responsibility to select people who show a high likelihood of becoming economically established in the province. If you have first degree relatives in another province of Canada (brother, sister, parents) we strongly recommend you do not participate to our session and you contact the province where your family resides to inquire about their provincial immigration program
Oh I see. Uncle is second-degree relative! Thank you Abib for clarifying this :)

But the question is: Do you have close relatives in another Canadian Province? *
So we answered YES to this and we were not able to register. :(

Jan 7, 2015
Thank you for replying po.. i just read a link in cic that the atlantic part of canada will start to accept at least 2000 applicants dis march2017 but needs to have a job offer and diz also covers the international graduates from atlantic.. does this means po na di na po tau puede or di tayo qualify if wala tau job offer? particularly new brunswick po?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
strawberries008 said:
Thank you for replying po.. i just read a link in cic that the atlantic part of canada will start to accept at least 2000 applicants dis march2017 but needs to have a job offer and diz also covers the international graduates from atlantic.. does this means po na di na po tau puede or di tayo qualify if wala tau job offer? particularly new brunswick po?
International students that have graduated in one of the 4 atlantic provinces still have to have job offer from there. They are only exempt from having work experience.

So the whole Atlantic program is job offer bound.

Xmg2017

Jan 1, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
has anyone read how the atlantic program fits into the express entry - does it add points to EE profile (for JO / PNP nomination) or is it an entirely different program?

Xmg2017

Jan 1, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
has anyone read how the atlantic program fits into the express entry - does it add points to EE profile (for JO / PNP nomination) or is it an entirely different program?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Xmg2017 said:
From the looks of this program, the application will be most likely a paper based application. It looks like kind of special PNP program, but 4 provinces have 1 quota to fill (so no idea if they have redistributed that quota amog themselves or if it will be filled on basis FIFO).
The program is practicaly usefull only for foreigners that are already working in the mentioned provinces, but they have lower language skills (CBL 5 only is required). Other possibility is to get a job offer on a job fair (like on the NB sessions).

GIVA333

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Hi Guys,

Iam sorry but in last few days comments it come little confusion for me, does the candidates with 161*** still on the consideration of NB or we lost the chance to receive a nomination?
what I am understanding Is that they stopped issuing nominations at AOR 900s , please correct me if I am wrong.

santocan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
GIVA333 said:
Hi Guys,

Iam sorry but in last few days comments it come little confusion for me, does the candidates with 161*** still on the consideration of NB or we lost the chance to receive a nomination?
what I am understanding Is that they stopped issuing nominations at AOR 900s , please correct me if I am wrong.
Hi Giva,

PLease dont lose hope. They haven't said they wudn't issue anymore nominations. I'm pretty sure they will consider all the guys who've been waiting for so long... If the documents are perfect then it should be just a few more weeks...

Prepare your docs for the CIC stage and keep up your faith.... Grt luck ahead friend !! :) :)

S

fhdahd

Nov 16, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017
santocan said:
Hi Giva,

PLease dont lose hope. They haven't said they wudn't issue anymore nominations. I'm pretty sure they will consider all the guys who've been waiting for so long... If the documents are perfect then it should be just a few more weeks...

Prepare your docs for the CIC stage and keep up your faith.... Grt luck ahead friend !! :) :)

S
few weeks more :eek:, it means Feb will also waiting and waiting, nothing else.

santocan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
fhdahd said:
few weeks more :eek:, it means Feb will also waiting and waiting, nothing else.
Hey Fhdahd.. i meant a few more days.... ;D

Dont lose hope Man... Get your docs ready...

S

fhdahd

Nov 16, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017
santocan said:
Hey Fhdahd.. i meant a few more days.... ;D

Dont lose hope Man... Get your docs ready...

S
just this week start working on docs, with a hope this at least they will move now, after 5 months of waiting.

LilyC

Apr 5, 2015
In fairness, guys and gals, this whole Atlantic program is only beneficial to people who are already in Canada (highly unlikely to get a job offer remotely). NB residents already fit into Group1(the only one considered atm) and now it'll be even easier for them... Greattttt... Time to save an extra 15k, so I can enroll myself into college, if that's the only thing that can get me any chance to move to NB.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(