+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NBPNP landing in toronto, cani stay 1 night in toronto?

waitingkills

Mar 8, 2011
Dear All
can you please guide me
i am NBPNP will be landing in toronto in december as my first port of entry then would take a connecting flight to Saint John.
As per my understanding my immigration will be done at Toronto Airport.
i will be landing around 7PM in toronto, the last flight from Toronto to SJ will at 10 PM and i dont know 3 hours will be enough for immigration or not.

Is it possible to stay in toronto the same night and catch the flight next day?
will it have any effect on immigration officer as i am PNP?

please reply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - landing will be in Toronto. Yes - 3 hours should be fine for the connection. Yes - you could catch a flight the next day instead.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
waitingkills said:
will it have any effect on immigration officer as i am PNP?[/b]
You are required to intend to reside in your nominating province. If you land at a different province, with a job and a house lined up in a province other than the nominating one, they can decide that you are being dishonest.

If you are passing through, vacationing, visiting family, or closing up affairs, it's not a problem. For example, you might live in BC, but be sponsored by Alberta. If your lease is expiring in 4 months, and you quit your job, then it shows you are intending to live in the sponsoring province.

People get in trouble when they lie, and the officer is able to determine (by going through emails, phones, papers, or interviewing the person) that they lied and had no intent to reside. There are many, many truthful reasons why one might land in a different province than the one they will ultimately live in - even ones as simple as "the plane ticket is cheaper".

waitingkills

Mar 8, 2011
IN my case there is no direct flight to SJ NB
i have to land in toronto or Montreal first before catching next flight to SJ NB
dont want to land in SJ NB with my wife at 1:30 AM in the morning
that is why asking can i catch a flight next day?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
waitingkills said:
IN my case there is no direct flight to SJ NB
i have to land in toronto or Montreal first before catching next flight to SJ NB
dont want to land in SJ NB with my wife at 1:30 AM in the morning
Yes, you can.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
waitingkills said:
From an immigration standpoint, it is absolutely fine to do so.

grayninja2014

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm also an NBNP nominee.

So landing procedures will be conducted in Toronto, not NB? I just want to clarify this. Thanks in advance

daserock

Jul 11, 2014
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's clear this up!

section 6 (2)
Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right:
to move to, and take up residence in, any province, and
to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

Your application to the PNP is that you intend to settle in your PNP province. This must be true when you apply and land, that's it. intention can be change If at any point after landing, you want to move, yes you can.

kateg said:
You are required to intend to reside in your nominating province. If you land at a different province, with a job and a house lined up in a province other than the nominating one, they can decide that you are being dishonest.

If you are passing through, vacationing, visiting family, or closing up affairs, it's not a problem. For example, you might live in BC, but be sponsored by Alberta. If your lease is expiring in 4 months, and you quit your job, then it shows you are intending to live in the sponsoring province.

People get in trouble when they lie, and the officer is able to determine (by going through emails, phones, papers, or interviewing the person) that they lied and had no intent to reside. There are many, many truthful reasons why one might land in a different province than the one they will ultimately live in - even ones as simple as "the plane ticket is cheaper".