+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NBI Clearance Thumbprint and SIgnature

eept

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Thank you for the advise. Will check & for fingerprint you suggest she just put it herself next to the QR code in black ink ?
I know most people are doing that. But, if she will go to the embassy due to missing dry seal, it might be best to mark the fingerprint there- so there would be less complications.

Also, it might be best to check the reference number online to make sure the PCC is valid. Good luck!

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I know most people are doing that. But, if she will go to the embassy due to missing dry seal, it might be best to mark the fingerprint there- so there would be less complications.

Also, it might be best to check the reference number online to make sure the PCC is valid. Good luck!
Awesome thanks. Honestly, the PH embassy where we live is quite non-responsive. Even for simple queries we need to travel out of town & queue there for hours to get an answer. They didn't even get her fingerprints in embassy & had to get it done from a police station. We are not very confident they will be of any help.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Anyone who had successful application by signing and thumbprinting on the certificate itself?
Hi there, I got my PR more than 2 years ago but somehow still receive the alert of this thread.

My wife is from Philippines and she needed an NBI certificate. The Philippines embassy in the country we resided at that time refused to proceed to thumbprinting. It's kind of a grey area and noone really was sure about it, but we didn't want to send a blank NBI, it defeats the purpose. So we went to convenience store and bought an ink pad. Make sure you do a few tries on draft papers before you apply your thumbprint on the NBI, as you will have only one try. Don't push too hard, but not too little. Move the thumb a little on the left, then on the right, so the print is "full". Good luck!

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Hi there, I got my PR more than 2 years ago but somehow still receive the alert of this thread.

My wife is from Philippines and she needed an NBI certificate. The Philippines embassy in the country we resided at that time refused to proceed to thumbprinting. It's kind of a grey area and noone really was sure about it, but we didn't want to send a blank NBI, it defeats the purpose. So we went to convenience store and bought an ink pad. Make sure you do a few tries on draft papers before you apply your thumbprint on the NBI, as you will have only one try. Don't push too hard, but not too little. Move the thumb a little on the left, then on the right, so the print is "full". Good luck!
Which one? left or right thumb mark? thanks

Andih09

Feb 26, 2021
Hello, kabayans! My husband and I are in the same situation. Could I ask your help if we should affix both thumbprint and signature, or a thumbprint alone will do? Both of us are anxious kung ano po ang dapat gawin. Grateful for your help please.

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Hello, kabayans! My husband and I are in the same situation. Could I ask your help if we should affix both thumbprint and signature, or a thumbprint alone will do? Both of us are anxious kung ano po ang dapat gawin. Grateful for your help please.
You dont need - just explain it on the letter that this normal since you obtain it outside the PH

Pat Ramos

Aug 10, 2022
Hi, I am on the same boat. Did you get your PR na po ba with submitting your NBI w/o thumbmark? Thanks