+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NBI Clearance remark "No Criminal Record"

Jaiden

Jun 13, 2016
Hi All,

I am new here.

I just wanted to know if anyone have experienced a "No Criminal Record" remark in their NBI Clearance and still got their visa?

Immigration asked for all documents related to the case last Sept 2015 and submitted requested documents on Oct 2015.

Received a response from Immigration January 2016 asking for more additional documents regarding the case.

Its been 4 months and I haven't received a response from them.

I sent a follow up email and the Immigration told me that there are certain process that the need to verify the documents to other government agencies which beyond their control.

Is there anyone there who have the same case with me? How long did it take before you received the visa?

Thank you.

I will appreciate any feedback.

purpleheart

Jan 22, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014(mpnp on line), 16-01-2016 (cic/paper-based)
Nomination.....
08-12-2015 (mpnp)
AOR Received.
22-03-2016 (UCI#, EP#)
IELTS Request
19-09-2015 by mpnp
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Interview........
Sponsor's Interview: 27-11-2015(mpnp)
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-10-2016
Jaiden said:
Hi All,

I am new here.

I just wanted to know if anyone have experienced a "No Criminal Record" remark in their NBI Clearance and still got their visa?

Immigration asked for all documents related to the case last Sept 2015 and submitted requested documents on Oct 2015.

Received a response from Immigration January 2016 asking for more additional documents regarding the case.

I sent a follow up email and the Immigration told me that there are certain process that the need to verify the documents to other government agencies which beyond their control.

Is there anyone there who have the same case with me? How long did it take before you received the visa?

Thank you.

...normally the remark is...NO DEROGATORY RECORD...

Jaiden

Jun 13, 2016
Hi Purple Heart,

Thanks for responding.

Yes mine is "NO DEROGATORY RECORD" however my husband's NBI remark is "NO CRIMINAL RECORD because of his dismissed case last 2011.

We had our medical exam done last Aug 2015 and we haven't received any passport request yet.

Is there anyone here who have the same remarks with my husband NBI and still have their visa approved?

Thank you.

lexiegirl

Oct 28, 2016
Hi I just want to know if you have already received your visa by this time ? I'm curious because we have the same case.
Thank you.

Jovie

Sep 24, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
June 16, 2016
Nomination.....
September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
I had a same case. however my NBI remarks "NO RECORD ON FILE" CIC asked me to submit court case letter etc etc etc
I submitted my renewed NBI clearance and showed "NO DEROGATORY RECORD" but confusion arises so I submitted explanation letter together with proofs (letters/clearance for Regional trial court RTC, Metropolitan trial court MTC and DOJ department of justice showing that I don't have any conviction or case filed against me)

online status didn't show any acknowledgement or update (still showing "we need additional documents from applicant" since March up to now) however when I phoned cic they told me everything has been attached to my file.. I requested GCMS notes on August 2016 and received the note on September 2016 showing every updates and noted "ALL PASSED NO CONCERN"

So don't worry as long as you provide all they asked for submission, you will be fine.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Jaiden said:
Hi Purple Heart,

Thanks for responding.

Yes mine is "NO DEROGATORY RECORD" however my husband's NBI remark is "NO CRIMINAL RECORD because of his dismissed case last 2011.

We had our medical exam done last Aug 2015 and we haven't received any passport request yet.

Is there anyone here who have the same remarks with my husband NBI and still have their visa approved?

Thank you.
Yes, my relative, also did the same with the same case as your husband ("no criminal record" in NBI cert, but case was dismissed because the plaintiff just made up stuff to file the case), CIC requested for all case notes. This was for FSW 2014, so it took 2 months after submission of the additional case notes until the medical request as it was the old process. Their visa was granted and has since made their landing.

That's really your answer right there. I think CIC/MVO is pretty fast, but Philippine bureaucracy isn't. :D

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
Hi All,

I am new here.

Thank you.

Hello i would like to ask what happened
To your application with a dismissed case? Were you granted a visa or PR?
Thanks

Loops30

May 11, 2017
Hello I also the same concern if you have additional docs.reqs.about the Nbi of no criminal record how long you need to wait for the decision thanks hope someone can help me here

Jhuren

Jan 23, 2018
Hi i have the same problem my husband remarks on his NBi was no criminal records but his case was already dismissed. Some told me that he need to get a letter from NBi does anyone here knows how to get the letter from the NBI

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
Hi i have the same problem my husband remarks on his NBi was no criminal records but his case was already dismissed. Some told me that he need to get a letter from NBi does anyone here knows how to get the letter from the NBI
First, gather all your court documents saying it was dismissed and have a copy. Then wait for the instructions from CIC requesting they need a letter from NBI. Bring the letter to NBI together with your court documents.

eric26

Jan 23, 2018
First, gather all your court documents saying it was dismissed and have a copy. Then wait for the instructions from CIC requesting they need a letter from NBI. Bring the letter to NBI together with your court documents.

Hi Virgo29,

I also have the same case. I have my renewed NBI clearance, also all the court documents that I'm cleared. Also i just called CIC and they said that they don't provide a request letter to NBI for the written explanation. How can i have a written explanation from the NBI regarding my "No Criminal Record" remark? Thank you in advance

kkrrnn

Feb 15, 2019
Yes, my relative, also did the same with the same case as your husband ("no criminal record" in NBI cert, but case was dismissed because the plaintiff just made up stuff to file the case), CIC requested for all case notes. This was for FSW 2014, so it took 2 months after submission of the additional case notes until the medical request as it was the old process. Their visa was granted and has since made their landing.

Hi bellaluna

hi i have the same case with you relatives regarding nbi remarks no criminal record, it was my husband. Due to dismiss case last 2018. I am going to apply for his open work permit together with my daughters study permit but someone told me to drop my husbands application because it will be denied and might affect my application for Perm Resident. My question is does your relative able to grant their visa?? And what is their timeline? Thanks.

kkrrnn

Feb 15, 2019
Hi bellaluna

hi i have the same case with you relatives regarding nbi remarks no criminal record, it was my husband. Due to dismiss case last 2018. I am going to apply for his open work permit together with my daughters study permit but someone told me to drop my husbands application because it will be denied and might affect my application for Perm Resident. My question is does your relative able to grant their visa?? And what is their timeline? Thanks.

Vhianics

Aug 9, 2019
Hi,
I have same case with my husband, any update here? What should I do? Would I be denied visa or should I not CONTINUE with my application? Thanks

Vhianics

Aug 9, 2019
Hi bellaluna

Any update on your case please? Have you granted Visa? Thanks