+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NBI Clearance remark "No Criminal Record"

Will.I.AM

Jan 29, 2021
Thanks for your reply.It has a case no and he went through a hearing.But his nbi says no derogatory record bec it was dismissed 2005.However since i declared it CIC os asking for court documents and police blotter which I had a hard time securing for one.The police station and trial court cant issue a copy of the blotter and resolution of the case respectively because they doNt have it on the computer yet.They said the blotter is written in a record book which is really hard to retrieve dahil napailaliman na sa mga files same as the resolution.Im not sure if they're just too lazy to retrieve or they need "padulas/lagay" before they dig in to the files...and we're in the province and its really hard to process things in manila bec of the restrictions in place right now.
That's what hurts us sometimes when we are just being truthful and honest when we filled out the form but factors that are out of our control are messing up our plans and dreams. Your husband can easily have said No to the question since his NBI remark says no derogatory record and that probably speed up his SOWP or PR application but we never know if IRCC may ask for another NBI Clearance and it may happen that the case may reflect on his NBI the next time he gets a clearance.

Reactions: osangmendoza

osangmendoza

Apr 18, 2014
Hi i just want to ask, im in the same case my nbi marked "No criminal record" just recently vo requested add docs of nbi cert, case documents. I did submit all the essential documents however only today i reviewed my application and i did tic "no" on question if you ever been convicted to crime, recently charged, or commited to any crime. I have been charged last 2011 but case was Dismissed, now i am worried that it might be ground for refusal since it was undeclare because of my answer?

osangmendoza

Apr 18, 2014
Ne
I got approved for an Open Working Permit even I have the No Criminal Record Found in my NBI Clearance. I'm here now in Canada and now processing our Permanent Residency and I'm worried that this will cause delays to get our PR.
Hi..how about sa application mo before ung part na question na if u have been charged in any crime ano g answer nio po sa question na un.?

Will.I.AM

Jan 29, 2021
Ne

Hi..how about sa application mo before ung part na question na if u have been charged in any crime ano g answer nio po sa question na un.?
Nag No po ako dun sa Working Permit application ko not because I intended to hide it but I at that time, I didnt have the full absorption na what was filed against me(an mmda ordinance) was considered a criminal case in the lower court (not paying a penalty in PH,a b*ll$#it process sa atin). I answered No as well sa PR application ko and was questioned by immigration about it and we explained it that it was an honest mistake and backed it up with all the facts and info we gathered. We got our PR although we had a couple of months delayed in the decision.

Reactions: osangmendoza

osangmendoza

Apr 18, 2014
Nag No po ako dun sa Working Permit application ko not because I intended to hide it but I at that time, I didnt have the full absorption na what was filed against me(an mmda ordinance) was considered a criminal case in the lower court (not paying a penalty in PH,a b*ll$#it process sa atin). I answered No as well sa PR application ko and was questioned by immigration about it and we explained it that it was an honest mistake and backed it up with all the facts and info we gathered. We got our PR although we had a couple of months delayed in the decision.
Salamat na enlighten po aqnag wowory po aq sa application q kc nag no po aq sa application q kc ang pagkakaintindi q po since na widrawn po ang case q in malicious mischief ndi po aq na charged.un po ang pagkakaintindi q..

Pano po nio inexplain na honest mistake po ang sagot nio sa application at ano po ang mga ginawa nio...kailangan q po ba gumawa ng explanation letter..?Hope po matulungan nio po aq sa part na to...sobrang drained n po ang isip q ditothank u po

Will.I.AM

Jan 29, 2021
Salamat na enlighten po aqnag wowory po aq sa application q kc nag no po aq sa application q kc ang pagkakaintindi q po since na widrawn po ang case q in malicious mischief ndi po aq na charged.un po ang pagkakaintindi q..

Pano po nio inexplain na honest mistake po ang sagot nio sa application at ano po ang mga ginawa nio...kailangan q po ba gumawa ng explanation letter..?Hope po matulungan nio po aq sa part na to...sobrang drained n po ang isip q ditothank u po
Nag-ask na po ba sayo ng explanation ang immigration? I'll dm you.

Cadv

Jul 24, 2021
When you say non-accompanying, hindi ba sya part ng application mo? Or hindi mo lang sya makakasama sa pagpunta sa Canada? Kung di ka naman magpapasa ng requirements nya like NBI Clearance definitely hindi makakaapekto sa application mo. If ever man part siya ng application requirements na isusubmit mo, as long as you will provide what IRCC needs for the NBI remark (case documents,letter of explanation from NBI),wala magiging problem. However due to Covid situation,magkakaron application mo ng delay as you still need to get the letter of explanation from NBI. Hope this helps.
Hi! May I ask po if need pa po request letter ng VO before makakuha letter of explanation from NBI? Student Visa applicant po

kkrrnn

Feb 15, 2019
hi po will.i.am, pwde nyo po ako dm dko po kasi kayo ma message eh. Meron lng po ako ittanong, please

kkrrnn

Feb 15, 2019
My husband applied for SOWP last 2019 before covid.His nbi cert states" "no derogatory record" but he was charged 2003 and was dismissed 2005 so he declared yes on the question "have you been charged...?" So cic asked for a copy of blotter and dismissal docs.Unfortunately we were not able to secure one bec the police station couldnt provide us with a copy of the blotter(reason,they couldnt find it bec it was long time ago and its not on the database of their computer yet and was on a logbook which has been piled up in the station and weve been returning at station and to City Hall several times but they couldnt find it, same thing with the court dismissal.so, his application for sowp and our application for PR can't be processed till now.it still says" processing your backgroubd check".anybody on the same situation?im about to give up
Hi lou, can i ask how did your application went thru?

Lou Ro

Apr 5, 2019
For some reasons his sowp is still pending till now.no update since july 2020.but I have applied for PR last dec 2020 and still waiting for IRCC's decision..hoping this time we would be approved..as of this writing our background check is still in progress

kkrrnn

Feb 15, 2019
For some reasons his sowp is still pending till now.no update since july 2020.but I have applied for PR last dec 2020 and still waiting for IRCC's decision..hoping this time we would be approved..as of this writing our background check is still in progress
Did the ircc request for the new nbi? And ano yung mga sinubmit nio na supporting documents

Lou Ro

Apr 5, 2019
Did the ircc request for the new nbi? And ano yung mga sinubmit nio na supporting documents
For the PR no I,have submitted a letter of explanation regarding his case together with his own handwritten narration of whathad happened why he was charged and his valid NBI clearance. IRCC have not requested any additional documents yet.Our current status is "medicals passed"

kkrrnn

Feb 15, 2019
Oh so after submitting the letter of explanation regarding his case, they still requested you to have medical. Maybe they’re still doing background check.