28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
Hi, all,

I'm a US citizen, with English as my native and only language. I'm going to be eligible to apply for citizenship soon, and I am quite confused about the proof of language requirement supporting documents section. I graduated from a Texas University, and have copies of my transcripts and diploma. Will these be sufficient? My degree was not in English, but the institution was obviously American. I did read the guidelines, but am confused.

Please help! The simple things sometimes can be the most confusing!

I did a search here, but didn't find my answers.

Thanks!

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
I should say that my degree was in another major other than English, but the degree, of course, is printed in English on the document!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eeeeeeeelectric said:
Hi, all,

I'm a US citizen, with English as my native and only language. I'm going to be eligible to apply for citizenship soon, and I am quite confused about the proof of language requirement supporting documents section. I graduated from a Texas University, and have copies of my transcripts and diploma. Will these be sufficient? My degree was not in English, but the institution was obviously American. I did read the guidelines, but am confused.

Thanks!
You should be fine with copies of your transcripts and diploma.
Cheers,

grove1995

Oct 26, 2013
eeeeeeeelectric said:
Hi, all,

Thanks!
Like the above poser, your transcript and diploma would be sufficient.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
eeeeeeeelectric said:
Hi, all,

Thanks!
If you are still in doubt, just get a letter from the university stating the language of instruction was english.

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
eeeeeeeelectric said:
Hi, all,

Thanks!
Lol! With all the Canada citizenship Applicants you are the most probably got the spot on language eligible proof! Your Transcripts and Diploma from US is powerful enough! No questions on that! Just pass it on! Sit back and relax American! you're soon to be a Canadian-American though! Cheers:)

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Steel Detailer said:
Lol! With all the Canada citizenship Applicants you are the most probably got the spot on language eligible proof! Your Transcripts and Diploma from US is powerful enough! No questions on that! Just pass it on! Sit back and relax American! you're soon to be a Canadian-American though! Cheers:)
... but still going to pay tax to Uncle Sam. Lol.
Merry Christmas!

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow. You even do not have to utter a single word to the officer, as proof that you are proficient enough. Your citizenship of birth and the degree alone says it all :p.