+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Meenubarpagga

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone I applied for NNAS today and did the payment where I can find the forms which I have to send to nursing institute and employer

gee123

May 24, 2017
hi,m new here.i applied for nnas few month ago.
I started working before my registeration as it is common in india.but yesterday i got mail about verification of same.i mean nnas says how u started working before your registeration.They need answer on it.Can anyone suggest me what can i do.Any suggestion will be valuable plz.waiting for your reply...

gee123

May 24, 2017
It also happened to me though am not from India. They want to know if you were using temporary license or who authorized you to work with out your permanent license. You can still call them

Reactions: j0pd008

Lulu_SG

Jan 4, 2019
Hi Everyone!

Should I create a profile first on CIC for Express Entry or I start from NNAS and after I receive the outcome from my nursing board only then I can create a profile on CIC?

Thank you all in advance!
@RN_0001 I'd appreciate it if you could help me answer my question.

Thank you so much in advance.

wells83

Jan 16, 2019
Hello everyone!
I’m in the process of filling out my NNAS application form to nurse in Canada. I am from Australia and am finding PART C difficult to answer. I have contacted NNAS via email but have had no reply.
In Part C it says to:
- Enter the complete and formal name of the nursing registration/licensing examination you have completed.
- How many times did you write this nursing registration/licensing examination?
- What date did you write this nursing registration/licensing examination?
- Date when you successfully completed (passed) the examination?
- Name of the jurisdiction administering this examination?
In Australia we don’t have to sit for something like the NCLEC. We pass all our University assignments and exams over the duration of the 3yr Bachelor of Nursing course.
Then we fill out forms to AHPRA which is the registration board (we don’t have to sit an exam) and pay a yearly fee (given you have no restrictions in the past year on your registration). Every year we have to pay a fee and just declare we have worked a certain number of hours and we are good to remain registered.

Can somebody (maybe from Australia) clarify what they mean by this question, so I am able to complete this application asap.
Thanks!

kondaveeti41

Jun 20, 2013
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-06-2015
Hi,

I have an inquiry with filling the application for NNAS assessment in the employer details section. For filling out the number of hours worked in the last 5 years, should I use the calendar year or the calculation of current date to previous year as 1 year like in the table below. Or, as it says in the application to use calendar year, should I use the calendar year for 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014?

Date From Date To Year
20-Jan-2018 19-Jan-2019 Year 1
20-Jan-2017 19-Jan-2018 Year 2
20-Jan-2016 19-Jan-2017 Year 3
20-Jan-2015 19-Jan-2016 Year 4
20-Jan-2014 19-Jan-2015 Year 5

I'm asking this because, since 2019 just started I would loose out on full year (2014) of hours if I use the calendar year starting with 2019, which would effectively give me experience for last 4 years only and I haven't worked from May 2015 to August 2018. So, every hour is important for me.

Please advise.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi,

I have an inquiry with filling the application for NNAS assessment in the employer details section. For filling out the number of hours worked in the last 5 years, should I use the calendar year or the calculation of current date to previous year as 1 year like in the table below. Or, as it says in the application to use calendar year, should I use the calendar year for 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014?

Date From Date To Year
20-Jan-2018 19-Jan-2019 Year 1
20-Jan-2017 19-Jan-2018 Year 2
20-Jan-2016 19-Jan-2017 Year 3
20-Jan-2015 19-Jan-2016 Year 4
20-Jan-2014 19-Jan-2015 Year 5

I'm asking this because, since 2019 just started I would loose out on full year (2014) of hours if I use the calendar year starting with 2019, which would effectively give me experience for last 4 years only and I haven't worked from May 2015 to August 2018. So, every hour is important for me.

Please advise.
I would use the years you specified above. They will contact you if it is incorrect.

andrei0917

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Hello

I just got my eligibility from CNO to register for NCLEX-RN. However, on the same day they messaged me my eligibility, they also messaged me about not giving details on my employment from my home country dated 2011-2018 according to my NNAS report. I find it funny and ridiculous because, I DID NOT DECLARE ANY EMPLOYMENT ON MY NNAS REPORT FROM BACK HOME. I came in Canada back in 2016 as an international nursing student which had clinical hours enough to suffice for evidence of practice.

1. Where did they get that information about my alleged undeclared employment on my NNAS?
2. Do they ever review our NNAS report thoroughly?
3. They already gave me an eligibility for NCLEX-RN. Is that going to change once they correct my evidence of practice?

Thank you

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello

I just got my eligibility from CNO to register for NCLEX-RN. However, on the same day they messaged me my eligibility, they also messaged me about not giving details on my employment from my home country dated 2011-2018 according to my NNAS report. I find it funny and ridiculous because, I DID NOT DECLARE ANY EMPLOYMENT ON MY NNAS REPORT FROM BACK HOME. I came in Canada back in 2016 as an international nursing student which had clinical hours enough to suffice for evidence of practice.

1. Where did they get that information about my alleged undeclared employment on my NNAS?
2. Do they ever review our NNAS report thoroughly?
3. They already gave me an eligibility for NCLEX-RN. Is that going to change once they correct my evidence of practice?

Thank you
NNAS makes mistakes all the time. Checks off boxes that the applicant didn't check off, etc.

Which school did you obtain your nursing degree? Clinical hours as part of your nursing degree only count as evidence of practice when they are within the last 5 years. You might be confusing this with nursing work experience, which they will often ask those who indicated that they have worked as a nurse before in the place where they were originally licensed. NNAS may have mistakenly indicated that you have nursing work experience.

You aren't being fraudulent if they commented on your "evidence of practice". You are being fraudulent if they commented on your nursing work experience and you don't correct them.

andrei0917

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
NNAS makes mistakes all the time. Checks off boxes that the applicant didn't check off, etc.

Which school did you obtain your nursing degree? Clinical hours as part of your nursing degree only count as evidence of practice when they are within the last 5 years. You might be confusing this with nursing work experience, which they will often ask those who indicated that they have worked as a nurse before in the place where they were originally licensed. NNAS may have mistakenly indicated that you have nursing work experience.

You aren't being fraudulent if they commented on your "evidence of practice". You are being fraudulent if they commented on your nursing work experience and you don't correct them.
No like I said I didn’t declare any nursing employment back home cause I didn’t work as a nurse that’s why my employment on my NNAS report is empty, blank page. So I don’t know where CNO got the information about me working from 2011-2018. I already came here in Canada 2016

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
No like I said I didn’t declare any nursing employment back home cause I didn’t work as a nurse that’s why my employment on my NNAS report is empty, blank page. So I don’t know where CNO got the information about me working from 2011-2018. I already came here in Canada 2016
So then all you have to do is reply back and say you were not employed during that time period.

MapleLeafCan

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2014
AOR Received.
aug 2014
Med's Request
march 2015
Med's Done....
march 2015
Passport Req..
february 2016
LANDED..........
28 february 2016
Here is the personal account of candidate after failing OSCE and getting admitted in George Brown College Academic Pathway.

1. Tried in York University but unsuccessful. Went to the university and asked the reason. Their all admitted students have Grade A or above. There is no one below it. I was grade B so I have no chance.

2. Went to Ryerson University, who have Post diploma nursing program and they admit George Brown College Academic Pathway of nursing certificate holders. They said make sure you have GPA of minimum 3.3 in that George Brown certificate in order to get admitted as admission is quite competitive.

3. Went to University of Toronto. They accept 200 student every year from 2,000 applications. They have 2 years program. IENs can apply over there as well.

Getting admission in a regular 3/4 year BSN should not be taken lightly as well. These all have competitive admission. Most of them clearly write that you should not be RN. So your admission will be based on your 12 year of schooling result.Moment you tell you tell them you were RN, you will be disqualified. Call them and ask them what was the last intake grade cut off. Match it with yours. If your grade is less then count yourself as unsuccessful applicant.

To sum up, be prepared !!!
Hi Canada11
I am in the same boat. I failed my osce and currently taking "Acedemic pathway for IEN" program from GBC. I have a question. If I pass this program, means I will be eligible to write NCLEX? I have already done my BscN from India and have completed my NNAS assessment and working as RPN.
Please Reply. Thanks.