+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
RN_0001 said:
I do know that the assessment for those who are deemed "non-comparable" by NNAS (which is most applicants) costs $500 in Ontario and beginning in June, will cost $1900 in Alberta. The assessment is pretty much the exact same.
does it mean CARNA/CLPNA will still process the papers even the advisory report is "non-comparable"?

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
RN_0001 said:
Unfortunately this is not uncommon. You are doing the right thing though, not giving up on calling. I have found the only way to get answers is to call and call and call. There have been some people who have finally spoken to managers and then the next day all of a sudden their Advisory Report was ready. You will not get anywhere with NNAS unless you advocate for yourself--some people who didn't speak up waited over a year. It's too bad they didn't let you know sooner because if there is some other document you could be collecting to have sent in, you could have been doing that while waiting. I hope the let you know what the issue is soon.
Really??? I have been waiting for 3.5months but when I visit my account online still says "READY FOR REVIEW".. :(
but on the other side, I'm also afraid that if I will call and call them I will just upset them. ;D

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
needscoffee said:
does it mean CARNA/CLPNA will still process the papers even the advisory report is "non-comparable"?
They will still process the papers in the sense that they will accept your application and then tell you what your next steps will be. But they will not just directly give you a license with "non-comparable". You will be required to do an exam, likely an OSCE type of exam. In Ontario it is called IENCAP, in Alberta it is currently called SEC but in June a new exam will replace SEC and it will be called ARNAP. ARNAP will cost $1900 CAD.

This was just one person in BC that I heard about getting their license after a "non-comparable" without further exams. This is not the norm. This applicant may have slipped through the cracks.

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
needscoffee said:
Really??? I have been waiting for 3.5months but when I visit my account online still says "READY FOR REVIEW".. :(
but on the other side, I'm also afraid that if I will call and call them I will just upset them. ;D
Glad to know someone else is on the same boat as me.

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
Legentellison said:
Soooo.....after a long wait after i was suppose to get me report...i kept calling only to be told they would email or call me. Today i finally called. I was told that my transcript has some issues so im yet to receive an email though to say exactly what...im at the point where i am just fed up....in my assessment online profile it said my documents met every requirement so im a little confused and angry even confuse to say the least....
i get the impression that some of the people that work there don't know what they are doing

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
trxter41 said:
i get the impression that some of the people that work there don't know what they are doing
Customer service is horrible, they don't treat people nicely. In their defence they seem very understaffed and it's not the fault of the people answering the phones that they are understaffed. But at the same time, they have a contract with the provincial licensing bodies to provide a service within the amount of time that they say they will do it in. They are not meeting this deadline. Therefore they should hire more staff. But, they wouldn't make as much money if they hired more staff! I wish the licensing bodies held them accountable to applicants.

The assessors are not nurses. Just people trained to look through your school syllabi.

quebecRN

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Employment varification not yet changed since the last 6 weeks

My employment Verification still shows "Waiting For Authentication". I am working in Saudi Arabia since the last 7 yrs. I submitted my employment verification form to NNAS. Since the last 6 weeks there is no change in the status. I contacted to NNAS customer care. They told will change after completion of Authentication. Why they did not change my status from "Waiting For Authentication" to "Ready for Review". I know Saudi Arabian verification is very hard. But what will i do in this situation. please reply

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
RN_0001 said:
They will still process the papers in the sense that they will accept your application and then tell you what your next steps will be. But they will not just directly give you a license with "non-comparable". You will be required to do an exam, likely an OSCE type of exam. In Ontario it is called IENCAP, in Alberta it is currently called SEC but in June a new exam will replace SEC and it will be called ARNAP. ARNAP will cost $1900 CAD.

This was just one person in BC that I heard about getting their license after a "non-comparable" without further exams. This is not the norm. This applicant may have slipped through the cracks.
seems that CARNA is getting more strict and expensive too.
do you have any idea how to proceed as LPN though?
right now i'm getting confused which to pursue first. to be LPN first then go for RN or go directly for RN.
thnx

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
needscoffee said:
right now i'm getting confused which to pursue first. to be LPN first then go for RN or go directly for RN.
thnx
You can also apply as LPN. You would have to change your request with NNAS and ask them to review your education for how well it compares to LPN/RPN too. Of course, there is a fee for that.

I think that the system is set up to almost force RNs into LPN/RPN roles. We are in higher need for RPN/LPNs in Canada and they are also paid less. So I sometimes wonder if NNAS is channelling RNs into RPN/LPN roles by finding them more comparable and thus making it easier for RN's to be licensed as RPN/LPNs. Depending on where you were educated, you will probably have a better chance of becoming an LPN first. But you will be doing exactly as they hoped you would do by creating a good supply of overqualified RPNs/LPNs. But of course, you have to do what is right for you and applying to be an LPN might be what is right for you.

mk84

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
india
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2015
Passport Req..
26-04-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-16
LANDED..........
07-2017
needscoffee said:
Did the CARNA still consider the NNAS advisory report even its not comparable? your documents in CARNA is still in process now, right? so it's also a long wait in CARNA too before they will tell if your qualified?
thank you..
Yes they considered the report and told me to submit English language test results.. going to write celban exam in June... Just getting frustrated with this whole process.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Well i dont know...im just fed up...i kept calling and the customer service guy told me the officer just left a note about my transcript but didnt say what the issue was...its so hard...as it is now i can work in the USA i have one a tgose compact licenses so i can work in most states...i have migrated to canada so getting papers and other documents from Jamaica may be a little challenging....all i need is know ok im gonna get true or maybe go back to school but it wont be to do nursing no way amma do nursing twice level II nurse going back to school for level one psssh....its frustrating...i hope everyone else is getting some good news tgough

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Legentellison said:
Well i dont know...im just fed up...i kept calling and the customer service guy told me the officer just left a note about my transcript but didnt say what the issue was...
I think by next week if you have not received any communication regarding what the issue is with your transcript, it is reasonable for you to ask to speak to a Customer Service Manager this time around. How many weeks has it been since all of your documents were received by NNAS?

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
mk84 said:
Yes they considered the report and told me to submit English language test results.. going to write celban exam in June... Just getting frustrated with this whole process.
I know hey.. and you have to wait for the celban schedule. I find it hard to get in, I mean get the schedule you wanted. you have to wait for months. and if you wont pass you have to wait another 3 months so you can retake the English exam