+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

RIXX

Oct 6, 2016
hello everyone,

Me and my wife we are thinking to go to Canada she is Canadian and Portuguese, she born in Canada but she lived in Portugal because both parents are Portuguese, we are living at this moment in England but we want to move to Canada...she is a nurse with Portuguese certificate with experience in England and my questions are if she can get a job like nurse in Canada? how its life in Canada?

Thanks very much

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
She has to undergo NNAS first.

RIXX said:
hello everyone,

Me and my wife we are thinking to go to Canada she is Canadian and Portuguese, she born in Canada but she lived in Portugal because both parents are Portuguese, we are living at this moment in England but we want to move to Canada...she is a nurse with Portuguese certificate with experience in England and my questions are if she can get a job like nurse in Canada? how its life in Canada?

Thanks very much

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
So far, nothing related to new IENCAP rules is being updated on CNO website. I assume we need to wait for that. So far what I understood, it covers small number of applicants i.e 10%. The flow of RN registration goes like this now.

1. NNAS Report -> Assess the education & syllabus - (normally takes 6 months)
2. CNO -> Issues Entry to Practice Competency Form stating the gaps so you need to go for IENCAP(OSCE exam ) - (I was being issued in 2 weeks)
3. IENCAP -> Appear in OSCE exam conducted by Touchstone.
4. Consortium course -> If you fail in any 4 competencies as mentioned by HEALTHFORCE then you can take the consortium course.

Now it's not clear that:

a. DO Competency-Based Courses for Internationally-Educated Nurses (IENs) to be taken on the bases of step 2 or step 3 above?
b. Is this consortium course accredited by CNO & you can end up becoming RN after passing them or not?

Note: I am currently waiting for OSCE exam date.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
A. Before, only York University offers the bridging courses for ien to meet those competency gaps. And regardless of how many or what competency gaps you have, you need to take the full brdging program for iens.
Now, few days ago, they have announced changes with regards to addressing and dealing with competency gaps of IENs in Ontario.

"Are you an internationally educated nurse (IEN) who has been assessed through the Ontario IEN Competency Assessment Process (IENCAP)? Four universities are working together to develop innovative new competency-based courses to help prepare IENs with small competency gaps to launch their registered nursing careers in Ontario. Applications are now being accepted for registration in these courses.

Participating universities include Ryerson, Trent, Windsor, and York. The Council of Ontario Universities (COU) is working with the four universities to coordinate the project. Funding for the development phase of the courses is provided by the Government of Ontario, Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities."

B. Of course. That is why they are asking you to take those courses to address your gaps. Once you finished those courses you will already be eligible to take the NCLEX RN

canada11 said:
So far, nothing related to new IENCAP rules is being updated on CNO website. I assume we need to wait for that. So far what I understood, it covers small number of applicants i.e 10%. The flow of RN registration goes like this now.

1. NNAS Report -> Assess the education & syllabus - (normally takes 6 months)
2. CNO -> Issues Entry to Practice Competency Form stating the gaps so you need to go for IENCAP(OSCE exam ) - (I was being issued in 2 weeks)
3. IENCAP -> Appear in OSCE exam conducted by Touchstone.
4. Consortium course -> If you fail in any 4 competencies as mentioned by HEALTHFORCE then you can take the consortium course.

Now it's not clear that:

a. DO Competency-Based Courses for Internationally-Educated Nurses (IENs) to be taken on the bases of step 2 or step 3 above?
b. Is this consortium course accredited by CNO & you can end up becoming RN after passing them or not?

Note: I am currently waiting for OSCE exam date.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
A. CNO issues Entry to Practice Competency Form in which it mentions Competencies gaps. Then on the bases of OSCE exam(IENCAP),there Competencies gaps identified. So as per your reply, its after OSCE exam. but as per website its after Entry to Practice Competency Form

B. So far, on CNO website, there is no mention of accreditation to these Consistorium course, not even any mention of it. Logically answer has to be of "of course" but they have to be in written as well in black & white. So far i haven't found anything.

In short, it is a very positive move by Ontario government for nurses.

kreystiyanpoll said:
A. Before, only York University offers the bridging courses for ien to meet those competency gaps. And regardless of how many or what competency gaps you have, you need to take the full brdging program for iens.
Now, few days ago, they have announced changes with regards to addressing and dealing with competency gaps of IENs in Ontario.

"Are you an internationally educated nurse (IEN) who has been assessed through the Ontario IEN Competency Assessment Process (IENCAP)? Four universities are working together to develop innovative new competency-based courses to help prepare IENs with small competency gaps to launch their registered nursing careers in Ontario. Applications are now being accepted for registration in these courses.

Participating universities include Ryerson, Trent, Windsor, and York. The Council of Ontario Universities (COU) is working with the four universities to coordinate the project. Funding for the development phase of the courses is provided by the Government of Ontario, Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities."

B. Of course. That is why they are asking you to take those courses to address your gaps. Once you finished those courses you will already be eligible to take the NCLEX RN

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Now if you just refer to Point A ... as per http://rncompetencies.ca/eligibility-criteria/ for the eligiblity cirtirrea..

In order to be eligible to register for the courses, IENs must have the following:

1. A College of Nurses of Ontario competency assessment form that shows RN credential from another country and competency gaps.

2. Competency gaps exclusively in one or more of the areas of ethical practice, self-regulation, professional responsibility and accountability, and service to the public will be eligible. Applicants with competency gaps in any other areas are not eligible at this time.

Now focus in Competency Assessment Form

This competency is issued to you after NNAS report & not after OSCE exam. But email from HealthForce and your post appears that it has to be after IENCAP/OSCE exam.

pamtee

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
05102016 AOR2: 06232016 SA RECEIVED: 06222016
IELTS Request
NONE
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Praying!
VISA ISSUED...
Praying!
LANDED..........
Praying!
Hi everyone! I am currently gathering documents that are required by NNAS and I don't know what to do with "PLEASE SIGN YOUR NAME" or that one in the bottom of the form near "YOUR SIGNATURE". I know my question is kind of stupid ;D but I just want to make sure. Do I just have to sign in the provided space? or I have to write my name and sign?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Sign it there :)

pamtee said:
Hi everyone! I am currently gathering documents that are required by NNAS and I don't know what to do with "PLEASE SIGN YOUR NAME" or that one in the bottom of the form near "YOUR SIGNATURE". I know my question is kind of stupid ;D but I just want to make sure. Do I just have to sign in the provided space? or I have to write my name and sign?

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Ang ginawa ko nun sinulat ko name at saka signature ko.

pamtee said:

Kristina1987

Mar 14, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi anyone went to CNS at Newfoundland for Re entry program? I would like to ask few questions about the program. Please email me at kreng_31@yahoo.com.
I'm from Vancouver BC. Thanks a lot!

faraz246

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Pakistan
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-14
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
PER: 11-03-2015
AOR Received.
RPRF & Updated Info Chart: 09-09-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
SLU: 21-08-15, TLU: 11-09-15
Med's Request
10-09-15
Med's Done....
22-09-15, repeated blood sample: 29-09-15
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
08-10-15
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-15
LANDED..........
April 2016
GODWILLDO said:
Please helpme guys... I received my nnas report on last sunday... from then I was trying to apply to CRNBC (even today)..when I entered my nnas id and application number it says "information provided does not match our files .please try again or contact nnas". Have anyone faced such issue. What is the problem?.. can someone helpme pleaseee..
thanks.
Hello
Can you please tell me how much time NNAS took to issue the report after completing all document requirments? Mine file got completed on August 15. Its been more than 8 weeks but no update. I emailed NNAS but they said we can not give any timeline.. due to large number of application it may take longer... This wait is killing. Please let me know the timeline for NNAS. Thanks

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
what is the current Status ?

Generally after getting MEET REQUIREMENT its takes 8 to 16 weeks to get the report.

You still have lot of waiting to do..

Then Wait for CNO for 2 weeks to get them reply by snail mail in which they may ask you to take OSCE & further documents like JD in case of RPN.

For OSCE you will get exam date after March 2017. No dates so far. After Exams they takes 8 weeks to announce result .

Provision whole 2017 for RN license

faraz246 said:
Hello
Can you please tell me how much time NNAS took to issue the report after completing all document requirments? Mine file got completed on August 15. Its been more than 8 weeks but no update. I emailed NNAS but they said we can not give any timeline.. due to large number of application it may take longer... This wait is killing. Please let me know the timeline for NNAS. Thanks

enahs

Apr 21, 2013
Hi All
Have gone through the previous posts with mixed emotions.
Lot of discussions happening on Ontario Province. I am from Calgary, Alberta.
Not applied for NNAS yet. I am here from March 2016. I know I am late but looking at the previous post I wonder is there any course that I can take and bypass the Lengthy NNAS process.
Does anybody know about any fast track courses offered in Alberta?
Will highly appreciate any leads...
Thank you
enahs

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Following list of University degree may be of help

http://www.casn.ca/education/fast-trackaccelerated-bacc-programs/

enahs said:
Hi All
Have gone through the previous posts with mixed emotions.
Lot of discussions happening on Ontario Province. I am from Calgary, Alberta.
Not applied for NNAS yet. I am here from March 2016. I know I am late but looking at the previous post I wonder is there any course that I can take and bypass the Lengthy NNAS process.
Does anybody know about any fast track courses offered in Alberta?
Will highly appreciate any leads...
Thank you
enahs

Fehintolaoso

Oct 17, 2016
Good day house, a friend gave me this site to check that it would help me in my processing, well I just started the application sha. From Nigeria, Am a registered nurse midwife (diploma) so I got my credentials evaluation by WES Equivalent to three and one year hospital training and study for nursing and midwifery respectively but their remark was that the result isn't comparable to a completed Canadian eduction, so now am kinda confused cos the agent I wanted to work with before said it okay.

Anyone here with similar experience or who can be of help to me or what i can do

Thanks