+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

lovecorazn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I am yet to start my NNAS application. I read all the topics that was discussed here from the beginning (pages 1-63) to get a better idea of the NNAS process.

I just have one question though which probably was not discussed yet.

For example: I am going to apply for RN and LPN in Prince Edward Island and what if later on I can decide to add an additional advisory report for another province but my Main application order already closes. Will I start the whole main process of application once again and pay the $650 fee? Does NNAS will require all the documents again? (Nursing Education form, Registration form, Employment form) or are they going to use the ones i already provided previously?

I'd like to plan this very well as this whole application requires a lot of money. :=)

I already emailed NNAS about this but no reply for a month now.

Thank you in advance.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Yes you are going to pay $650 USD again. And about the documents, NNAS, stores your document for certain number of years so you can still use your previous documents.

lovecorazn said:
Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I am yet to start my NNAS application. I read all the topics that was discussed here from the beginning (pages 1-63) to get a better idea of the NNAS process.

I just have one question though which probably was not discussed yet.

For example: I am going to apply for RN and LPN in Prince Edward Island and what if later on I can decide to add an additional advisory report for another province but my Main application order already closes. Will I start the whole main process of application once again and pay the $650 fee? Does NNAS will require all the documents again? (Nursing Education form, Registration form, Employment form) or are they going to use the ones i already provided previously?

I'd like to plan this very well as this whole application requires a lot of money. :=)

I already emailed NNAS about this but no reply for a month now.

Thank you in advance.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
This is a copy of an email i receive from PEI about my query for nurse registration.

Good afternoon:

Once your NNAS Advisory Report reaches ARNPEI it will be assessed. There is always the possibility of the need for a competence assessment. The ARNPEI refers applicants required competence assessment to the RNPDC in Halifax, NS. Subsequent course or clinical requirements (if needed) as a result of the competence assessment will need to be successfully completed prior to being eligible to write the NCLEX-RN. This process takes approximately 12 months.

TSuni

Aug 9, 2016
Dear Friends I am new to the forum, I have 5.5 years of nursing studies from India (3.5 years general nursing and 2 years Post BSc) and I received my NNAS report for RPN as somewhat comparable and RN not comaparable. I have working experience before 5 years only so NNAS waived papers for experience. I finished my Post Bsc in 2013. I have few doubts
1. Once I apply to CNO do I need to submit IELTS even though NNAS waived it and incase CNO needed IELTS do they give another option like doing a course instead of IELTS
2. I dont have any work experience in last 5 years and i completed Post Bsc in 2013 so how does it will affect the out come of CNO decision, Will they ask to do bridging courses to manage the experience gap
3. I am staying at Alberta so to write Jurisdiction Exam do i need to come to Ontario

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
1. CNO will not require you immediately to have your language proficiency result, they will ask it later if you are going to register for you license but if you already have a valid language proficiency result, you can submit it anytime but take note of the expiry date as you have to be licensed as a nurse before your language validity will expire. If you dont want to comply with IELTS gor the language proficiency, there are other options. Visit the CNO website and search for it. Your ither options are clearly stated in the website.

2. Yes most likely you will have to do bridging programs because you are already out of the safe practice for ontario which is 3 years. But give it a try, after all, CNO has the final say.

3. Jurisprudence exam is just an online exam. You can take it anywhere. It doesnt matter where u are.

TSuni said:
Dear Friends I am new to the forum, I have 5.5 years of nursing studies from India (3.5 years general nursing and 2 years Post BSc) and I received my NNAS report for RPN as somewhat comparable and RN not comaparable. I have working experience before 5 years only so NNAS waived papers for experience. I finished my Post Bsc in 2013. I have few doubts
1. Once I apply to CNO do I need to submit IELTS even though NNAS waived it and incase CNO needed IELTS do they give another option like doing a course instead of IELTS
2. I dont have any work experience in last 5 years and i completed Post Bsc in 2013 so how does it will affect the out come of CNO decision, Will they ask to do bridging courses to manage the experience gap
3. I am staying at Alberta so to write Jurisdiction Exam do i need to come to Ontario

oladelemary

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
TSuni said:

Hello Tsuni.

Did u choose English as first language when registering for NNAS? want to know how NNAS waived it

How long did it take for NNAS to issue advisory report after receiving your last document?

jacob112

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-OCTOBER-2014
Nomination.....
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
TLU 21-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
Hi all, i am a registered nurse from India and done my assesment with NNAS and received somewhat comparable for RPN. Last 2 years I was working in a hospital in India but i didnt include it to NNAS application as i was unable to get the documents at that time when I applied to NNAS. Since I didnt include that experience I have a gap of 3 years now. Now I want to apply to CNO and do I get any option to submit the documents of my last experience to CNO so that i will not have a gap? or since I was unable to mention it and provide it to NNAS, will they reject it. Anyone has got some idea on it?

TSuni

Aug 9, 2016
kreystiyanpoll said:
1. CNO will not require you immediately to have your language proficiency result, they will ask it later if you are going to register for you license but if you already have a valid language proficiency result, you can submit it anytime but take note of the expiry date as you have to be licensed as a nurse before your language validity will expire. If you dont want to comply with IELTS gor the language proficiency, there are other options. Visit the CNO website and search for it. Your ither options are clearly stated in the website.

2. Yes most likely you will have to do bridging programs because you are already out of the safe practice for ontario which is 3 years. But give it a try, after all, CNO has the final say.

3. Jurisprudence exam is just an online exam. You can take it anywhere. It doesnt matter where u are.
Thank you kreystiyanpol for the valuable reply....

TSuni

Aug 9, 2016
oladelemary said:
Hello Tsuni.

Did u choose English as first language when registering for NNAS? want to know how NNAS waived it

How long did it take for NNAS to issue advisory report after receiving your last document?
Yes oladelemary immediatly after i registed and paid to NNAS I was given a choice to submit IELTS or waive it so i choose to waive it
After all documents reached to NNAS it took around 3 weeks to get the status of ready for final review and after that 2 weeks to get advisory report.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
If you are an ontario applicant, NNAS can waive your english proficiency

oladelemary said:
Hello Tsuni.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Yes, CNO will send u a letter asking for any additional experience that is undeclared with NNAS

jacob112 said:
Hi all, i am a registered nurse from India and done my assesment with NNAS and received somewhat comparable for RPN. Last 2 years I was working in a hospital in India but i didnt include it to NNAS application as i was unable to get the documents at that time when I applied to NNAS. Since I didnt include that experience I have a gap of 3 years now. Now I want to apply to CNO and do I get any option to submit the documents of my last experience to CNO so that i will not have a gap? or since I was unable to mention it and provide it to NNAS, will they reject it. Anyone has got some idea on it?

jacob112

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-OCTOBER-2014
Nomination.....
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
TLU 21-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
kreystiyanpoll said:
Yes, CNO will send u a letter asking for any additional experience that is undeclared with NNAS
Thanks kreystiyanpoll, once I submit it to CNO will they ask any explanation why I didn't submit it to NNAS during the application? Any chances of getting negetive outcome if I submit it to CNO at this stage?

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
No. CNO sends every applicant a nursing experience form asking for any additional nursing practice. If you dint have any additional nursing practice, then you have to send them a letter that u dont have ang additional practice, if you have any undeclared practice that u havent included in NNAS then u need to submit that form to you employer and ask them to fill it out.

jacob112 said:
Thanks kreystiyanpoll, once I submit it to CNO will they ask any explanation why I didn't submit it to NNAS during the application? Any chances of getting negetive outcome if I submit it to CNO at this stage?

jacob112

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-OCTOBER-2014
Nomination.....
14-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
TLU 21-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-07-2015
kreystiyanpoll said:
No. CNO sends every applicant a nursing experience form asking for any additional nursing practice. If you dint have any additional nursing practice, then you have to send them a letter that u dont have ang additional practice, if you have any undeclared practice that u havent included in NNAS then u need to submit that form to you employer and ask them to fill it out.
Thank you Kreystiyanpoll and it gives me a big relief... :)

lovecorazn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
kreystiyanpoll said:
Yes you are going to pay $650 USD again. And about the documents, NNAS, stores your document for certain number of years so you can still use your previous documents.

Hi kreystiyanpoll,

Thanks for answering my query. It might be economical to apply for another nursing group at the same time while the main order is still open. :=)