+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Ceecee11

Nov 7, 2014
cvpa said:
I emailed York university for second entry program and they replied as;
the 2nd Entry BScN program is for students without any nursing background.

Please contact the Program Assistant for IEN Internationally Education Nurses program information.
The contact email is ien@yorku.ca

Regards,

Program Assistant [2nd Degree Entry BScN]
School of Nursing, Faculty of Health

Thank you for this information. Does this mean that as an IEN we cannot apply for any of these courses at these universities? Seems unfair that we are trying to get registered with NNAS which takes forever and this would seem a quicker route to just study again.

Can I also ask if we do not have residency status can you still apply for a work permit and work as a Nurse/LPN once the nursing boards have accepted all that they need.

Please can someone answer these queries. Thanks
301 Health, Nursing & Environmental Studies Building (HNES) 3rd Floor

I also tried to contact UOT they replied like this:

Thank you for your interest in our BScN program.

Our BScN program (an accredited RN program) is a 2-year second-entry program that requires university preparation. Our typical student usually holds a 4-year bachelor’s degree in the sciences, humanities or social sciences with B+ average or higher in the final year of the degree.

For details on admission requirements, please refer to our website:

https://bloomberg.nursing.utoronto.ca/programs/bachelor

However, we do not offer any educational program that helps internationally-educated nurses to upgrade their knowledge and skills to seek registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario. You may wish to check with other Ontario universities such as Ryerson Univ. and York Univ. that offer such programs.

For more information about how to become a nurse in Ontario, please visit http://www.cno.org/

mk84

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
india
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2015
Passport Req..
26-04-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-16
LANDED..........
07-2017
Mariet84 said:
Thank you mk84..I heard eventhough NNAS doesn't give a comparable report CNO accepts it as comparable later...Any idea on that?
sorry no idea about that.... I am yet to start the NNAS processing. What about you have you started your registration.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Can you please share your questions what you asked them ? I am asking this because.....

1. It appears that York university have advised you to contact IEN stream of BSN because you told them you are IEN. Moreover, they have not stated that you are not eligible for 2years BSN nor their website say in admission requirement that you can not apply if you are internationally educated. Even you being a nurse is not their pre requisite.

2. UoT do not have IEN stream so they have advised you that they don't have any course for IEN educated nurse.

bandy

Feb 9, 2016
hi

i am a RN from new zealand. on 19 feb 2016 my status changed to ready to review. could anyone tell me how long does it take to get a report ??

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
8 to 16 weeks

bandy said:
hi

i am a RN from new zealand. on 19 feb 2016 my status changed to ready to review. could anyone tell me how long does it take to get a report ??

mk84

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
india
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2015
Passport Req..
26-04-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-16
LANDED..........
07-2017
Mariet84 said:
Hii mk84 me in the process of su bitting forms..worried...
Good... I have some doubt too regarding filling the forms... Specially about the forms where we have to fill the registration details.

bandy

Feb 9, 2016
canada11 said:
8 to 16 weeks
hey thanks for the info
am surprised how slow they are. they have all my documents since december and they changed the status after 2 months and 2 more months...that is unbelievable !!!!

bandy

Feb 9, 2016
emmeccsweta said:
Hi there

Have patience NNAS takes a lot of time for the processing. In my case, I guess I got my report on nearly 18 weeks ...as 8-12 is a general time .

In your case, now the status will change to "ready for review" and the final report will only be issued after the 2 weeks of this change. ....
hey did you get your advisory report after 2 weeks of the change. why there are different times of processing for everyone ??

poiuyt

Oct 4, 2015
hello

from the time the NNAS application status changes to "ready for final review" how long before they issue the advisory report?

application ready for review: 14 december 2015

mari joi

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10.15.2014 upfront
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
poiuyt said:
hello

from the time the NNAS application status changes to "ready for final review" how long before they issue the advisory report?

application ready for review: 14 december 2015
hi!im also waiting for my advisory report.last document was received by nnas on december 11, 2015.application status ias also ready for review for several weeks now. did you send to them your ielts or celban results? im worried that ill be taking language proficiency exam again. my ielts will be six months old on april 10,2016. nnas' process is a nightmare.

mari joi

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
10.15.2014 upfront
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MRSinWaiting said:
Hello! I received my report on January 31st, and it's noncomparable as expected. I have a 4yr BSN degree, 10yrs experience working as a RN. I worked for more than 5yrs in SG. I have passed the NCLEX exam and have a US license (non practising). Just to share my timeline and experience with NNAS, i started my application last April 2015, got to complete all the necessary requirements around August, however I have to take IELTS once again because NNAS wont accept the IELTS i took on May 2014. I then took IELTS once again last Sept 2015 and the result was received by NNAS on Oct 16 2015. My employer also forgot to answer one of the questions so I have to send them the forms again and this has caused delay since NNAS doesn't want to contact them directly but would want you to send the forms to your employer and have them send the said forms back to NNAS. NNAS then updated my dashboard to ready for review by Oct 22 and they emailed me saying that I will receive my advisory report in 6-8 wks time. I followed up after 8 weeks and they said that my report will be issued in 8-10 wks time. The process for NNAS alone can be really lengthy and expensive but according to CRNBC's info session I attended to, they will be the one to determine if you can be registered as RN or not. They will consider not just your educational background but also your experience. I applied to CRNBC just this February and they gave me a timeline. English proficiency review will take about 3wks. Review of documents will take 6wks.then you will be advised to take the SEC. I dont kmow how long it takes to schedule and to get the result of SEC but crnbc said 6 Weeks after SEC result then you will know CRNBC's decision: To take additional courses, one yr re rentry course or to take the exam.
So it will take about 2 yrs to be registered as RN in BC. The resgistration process alone is so lengthy and expensive and I think the whole NNAS process is just a waste of time since the registry will have to review pur documents all over again. After the registration process, once you are registered, i don't know whether employers would still want someone who have not been practising nursing in last 2yrs due to this lengthy registration procedure. But I wanna stay positive and continue what I have started. It will take a lot patience and not to mention a lot of money. So good luck to everyone. God bless
thank you for the detailed info MRSinWaiting.

liza_77

Jan 14, 2016
Good day to all. I will be asking for ideas once again to help me sort out this difficulty in applying electronically to National Nursing Assessment Service.
I registered online today February 26, 2016, filled out the required details in the application and paid the 650 USD through credit card. But my anxiety arose when I filled up the Employment details since it required me to filled it up with the most recent nursing employment so I mentioned my recent work experience which is two years in a government hospital here in Saudi Arabia. The difficulty is that it is asking for the total work hours and there are 5 rectangular boxes that is specifically named as Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5. I found it hard but then I decided to filled it up with my most recent nursing employment which is a total of 2 years with which the past 2 years of employment in a different health care institution is not included since I have a total of 4 years nursing job here in Saudi Arabia. I saved everything I filled up after I'm done. I checked to see in the Dashboard about the status of my application, almost all the sections such as application, license documents, professional school documents, payment in full are mentioned which says "meets requirements", "waiting for initial documentation", "waived" but there is something missing which is the Employment documents in the order requirement so I kept thinking what have gone wrong. Have I made a mistake in filling up the details. Hope you can help me find answers to my questions.

bandy

Feb 9, 2016
hey canada11

have you received your advisory report yet. i wanted to ask you that my main application is RN but i want to add LPN as well. how do i add it and if i will add that nursing group do i have to fill another forms or they will transfer my forms to LPN. as my status is ready to review now.
'thanks

canada11 said:
Can you please share your questions what you asked them ? I am asking this because.....

1. It appears that York university have advised you to contact IEN stream of BSN because you told them you are IEN. Moreover, they have not stated that you are not eligible for 2years BSN nor their website say in admission requirement that you can not apply if you are internationally educated. Even you being a nurse is not their pre requisite.

2. UoT do not have IEN stream so they have advised you that they don't have any course for IEN educated nurse.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I applied for RN & LPN side by side. After applying for LPN , you get another set of pdf forms, which are exactly same as that of RN with the exception of educational forms.There are some course differences between the two.

Mine status is still "waiting for required Items".

I have no idea if your status has gone to ready for review then you can still apply as LPN or not. Generally speaking, if NNAS online application allows you to apply for LPN it means you can still apply.

bandy said:
hey canada11

have you received your advisory report yet. i wanted to ask you that my main application is RN but i want to add LPN as well. how do i add it and if i will add that nursing group do i have to fill another forms or they will transfer my forms to LPN. as my status is ready to review now.
'thanks