App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Sorry, I at least unable to get your question/issue

liza_77 said:
Good day to all. I will be asking for ideas once again to help me sort out this difficulty in applying electronically to National Nursing Assessment Service.
I registered online today February 26, 2016, filled out the required details in the application and paid the 650 USD through credit card. But my anxiety arose when I filled up the Employment details since it required me to filled it up with the most recent nursing employment so I mentioned my recent work experience which is two years in a government hospital here in Saudi Arabia. The difficulty is that it is asking for the total work hours and there are 5 rectangular boxes that is specifically named as Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5. I found it hard but then I decided to filled it up with my most recent nursing employment which is a total of 2 years with which the past 2 years of employment in a different health care institution is not included since I have a total of 4 years nursing job here in Saudi Arabia. I saved everything I filled up after I'm done. I checked to see in the Dashboard about the status of my application, almost all the sections such as application, license documents, professional school documents, payment in full are mentioned which says "meets requirements", "waiting for initial documentation", "waived" but there is something missing which is the Employment documents in the order requirement so I kept thinking what have gone wrong. Have I made a mistake in filling up the details. Hope you can help me find answers to my questions.

Ceecee11

Nov 7, 2014
canada11 said:
Can you please share your questions what you asked them ? I am asking this because.....

1. It appears that York university have advised you to contact IEN stream of BSN because you told them you are IEN. Moreover, they have not stated that you are not eligible for 2years BSN nor their website say in admission requirement that you can not apply if you are internationally educated. Even you being a nurse is not their pre requisite.

2. UoT do not have IEN stream so they have advised you that they don't have any course for IEN educated nurse.
Hi Canada11 , it was actually member cvpa that requested the information regarding going to do a fastrack BSc in Nursing. I am also awaiting them to come online on this forum and give us further information regarding these courses as I think you are right. It seems an easier way to study again instead of going through NNAS.

I am still waiting for my dashboard to change as NNAS have received all my documents now. Last one they received January 9th 2016 but stll says waiting for authentication. Lets see how long this all takes, but it is very disheartening all this waiting time.

Also I think you're right about staying in your own country until NNAS is complete or you will be out of the nursing profession too long an will find it much harder to gain employment i guess.

I wil also email the University myself and see if I can find any information out regarding courses for IENs.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I have applied for 2 year fast track admission in York University... Its in process. The last date was perhaps 15th Feb for the Sep 2016 intake. Will update my experience on forum.

Ceecee11 said:
Hi Canada11 , it was actually member cvpa that requested the information regarding going to do a fastrack BSc in Nursing. I am also awaiting them to come online on this forum and give us further information regarding these courses as I think you are right. It seems an easier way to study again instead of going through NNAS.

I am still waiting for my dashboard to change as NNAS have received all my documents now. Last one they received January 9th 2016 but stll says waiting for authentication. Lets see how long this all takes, but it is very disheartening all this waiting time.

Also I think you're right about staying in your own country until NNAS is complete or you will be out of the nursing profession too long an will find it much harder to gain employment i guess.

I wil also email the University myself and see if I can find any information out regarding courses for IENs.

Ceecee11

Nov 7, 2014
canada11 said:
I have applied for 2 year fast track admission in York University... Its in process. The last date was perhaps 15th Feb for the Sep 2016 intake. Will update my experience on forum.
Oh Thats great!!! But i thought they didn't take IENs, Anyway that would be great to let us know your progress, Maybe this will be an easier route for Us IENs :)

Khryss21

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Hi, just read this post and it caught my attention.. I'm planning to start my NNAS anytime this month, and I'm just wondering, would NNAS be the best option for me coz I've been here in Canada for more than 5 yrs ( haven't started my application when i arrived :( ) graduated and passed the board in the philippines last 2007, and NO working experience. Advice from an RN working here, just take a 2 yrs course. Also, experience from a friend, took the NNAS and passed the 1yr, without getting the reports. NNAS received all the documents before the deadline but didn't/forgot to assess..

Please advise..thank you

canada11 said:
Thank you v much for the detail reply . It give much insight of this lengthy, lazy & money grabbing process of NNAS.

The lesson learned is -

1. Begin NNAS while you are in your own country. Don't think to come & then begin process.
2. Generally speaking, its better to get admission in 2 years fast track BSN rather trying to get registered by NNAS & then CNO,CRNBC etc.
3. If you are already in Canada you MUST avoid NNAS & take admission in 2 years fast track BSN . No time will be wasted nor money.

Despite all of the above points, if you love to go for NNAS still , then keep 18 to 24 months to get registered as LPN or RN

bandy

Feb 9, 2016
is anyone applying to CARNA in alberta?? does anyone know how long do they take to assess our applications?
thanks

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
You will be referred to 2 years IEN bridge course for sure, even of you if you thru NNA & CNO.

Please note that 2 year IEN bridge course is different from 2 years fast track BSN. They have different admission requirements

Khryss21 said:
Hi, just read this post and it caught my attention.. I'm planning to start my NNAS anytime this month, and I'm just wondering, would NNAS be the best option for me coz I've been here in Canada for more than 5 yrs ( haven't started my application when i arrived :( ) graduated and passed the board in the philippines last 2007, and NO working experience. Advice from an RN working here, just take a 2 yrs course. Also, experience from a friend, took the NNAS and passed the 1yr, without getting the reports. NNAS received all the documents before the deadline but didn't/forgot to assess..

Please advise..thank you

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! Just got assessed by NNAS as "Not Comparable" in B2 and "Somewhat Comparable" in B3 for my RPN application and I've started registration witg CNO. I've requested IELTS waiver for NNAS.

What should I expect after CNO payment? When will CNO require IELTS? Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks! :)

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
What does B2 & B3 stands for ?

bosschips said:
Hello! Just got assessed by NNAS as "Not Comparable" in B2 and "Somewhat Comparable" in B3 for my RPN application and I've started registration witg CNO. I've requested IELTS waiver for NNAS.

What should I expect after CNO payment? When will CNO require IELTS? Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Khryss21

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Ohh, sorry, I forgot to mention I'm from Manitoba. I'm just not sure if they do offer 2yr fast track BSN here :( checked the Red River College, they do have bridging program. Anyway, is working experience important in NNAS?

thanks

canada11 said:
You will be referred to 2 years IEN bridge course for sure, even of you if you thru NNA & CNO.

Please note that 2 year IEN bridge course is different from 2 years fast track BSN. They have different admission requirements

bandy

Feb 9, 2016
hey mc geh

did you apply to carna? how long did they took for your assessment. i am in edmonton so wanted to know the procedure..
thanks

mc_geh said:
I see... however, I'm fulfilling CARNA's requirement. I'm in Calgary Alberta. I also have my NCLEX already so I'm not sure what would they require me after completing everything. Papers from Pi just takes a while to complete. ???

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Following link provides the list of all FAST TRACK/ACCELERATED BSN degrees all over in Canada

http://www.casn.ca/education/fast-trackaccelerated-bacc-programs/

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
No idea if work experience matters to NNAS or not but they ask for it. YOu need to check the CNRM for that. They must be concerned about that. As, Working experience matters to CNO along with any gaps in experience before applying

Khryss21 said:
Ohh, sorry, I forgot to mention I'm from Manitoba. I'm just not sure if they do offer 2yr fast track BSN here :( checked the Red River College, they do have bridging program. Anyway, is working experience important in NNAS?

thanks

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada11 said:
What does B2 & B3 stands for ?
B2
PN SUMMARY OF TECHNOLOGY-MEDIATED ANALYSIS OF/////// ENTRY TO PRACTICE (ETP) REQUIREMENTS

B3
PN SUMMARY OF TECHNOLOGY-MEDIATED ANALYSIS OF///////DIMENSION REQUIREMENTS

I dont know why I have different results for these. I emailed NNAS to inquire about this.

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
bandy said:
hey mc geh

did you apply to carna? how long did they took for your assessment. i am in edmonton so wanted to know the procedure..
thanks
documents from my school was not sent yet. Documents from my employer was received in NNAS office Feb8 but my dashboard was not yet updated until now. The procedure is really lengthy so I don't know when will my papers be assessed by CARNA.