+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Rhends

Jun 30, 2015
Kssandhu, i dont know why i cant send personal message to u...
I haven't applied yet. I will try to pass ielts first and then apply to nnas. Hopefully i will get the required score. My exam is on dec 5.

Neji

Oct 1, 2015
Hi, nurses from all over the world! Thank you for all the infos you are sharing with us thru this forum.

There is a great demand for nurses here in Canada but the whole system of becoming registered here is such a pain in the @**! One look and you'd know there's something wrong with the system!

Anyways, would just like to share with you, guys, my personal NNAS timeline:

June 5: officially filed my application, RN - Saskatchewan (have created my NNAS profile on March, but only made the actual payment on June 5th)

June 19: sent identity docs to NNAS; requested California BON to send my NCLEX-RN test result to NNAS and to fill up Section A of the Registration Form (this was under my own initiative); sent Verification of registration request to the states where I was/am registered (Texas and Colorado); sent all the other forms (Education, Registration, and Employment) to my legal representative in the Philippines.

June 29: Docs from Colorado received by NNAS, status: Waiting for authentication

July 7: identity docs received by NNAS

-- ... became so busy, was not able to check for any updates --

Aug 28: All docs received by NNAS

Sept 11: All docs "Ready for Evaluation"

Sept 28: Added Manitoba as additonal province $55 USD

Oct 1: Added LPN/RPN in SK as additional nursing group $220 USD, and added Manitoba as additional province $55 USD

Even if there ain't instruction to take an English proficiency exam yet, I have registered to write CELBAN on January 2016 before I run out of slots.

I will give you an update once I have received my advisory report.

We can do this, guys! Let's hope that the next Prime Minister (just in case Harper won't win) can make improvements on Express Entry, PNP, and IEN applications!

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Hi,

Please help in this case, I have already submitted my all documents to NNAS for assessment.

1, I have worked as Registered Nurse back home from Jan-2010 to Feb-2012 then started my bachelor of nursing (Post BScN) program from Oct-2011 till Dec-2013. Someone told me that i cannot be register in CNO (Ontario) because of my safe period/Practice is not within 3 years now. my education not counts in safe period/practice? if no, then i need to apply another province like nova Scotia,Alberta etc where?

2, what does it means by this question "have to completed a Refresher program in the past five years?" under employment section form NNAS application.

Thanks to All !

sk87

Oct 1, 2015
Hi All,

This Forum is great platform to help and share idea's with eachother. Input your suggestion/options about jobs in Canada for Nurses.

As we all know the process to get a nursing license in Canada is very hard and longer. Some people are facing problems that they are not eligible to register for license exam due to their practice is expiry then they have to re-enroll in refresher program again.

As newcomer in Canada and we are not sure about the options or opportunity that we can get a jobs in the area of healthcare environment or any sector where our nursing education credit counts;

Here is my knowledge where we can do jobs as full time/part time until we not get the Nursing License.
CCA/ Personal Support Worker in senior retire home care.
Child care assistant job as level 1.
Researcher.

Please input more if you know.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Hello sk87 welcome to the group and thanks for sharing. How will someone go about getting a Research job in Canada?

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
iblessed said:
Hello sk87 welcome to the group and thanks for sharing. How will someone go about getting a Research job in Canada?

Research assistant kind of job available (university/college,companies) but not in hospital

kssandhu

May 27, 2014
Hi,

Can anyone guide me about following in NNAS online form for Employment.

Total number of nursing practise hours worked for each calendar year, in the last five years

I hv one year experience in yaer 2010 - 2011 as registered nurse after B.Sc Nursing program and after one year job, I joined Maters program in Nursing for two years and after that I am working as a nursing educator.

Pls guide me how should I fill data for last five year

Oct 4, 2015
Hi! im an RN here in the philippines planning to process my NNAS. just wanted to ask if the Advisory report is a General assessment or is it based on what province you applied? im asking this coz i read in this thread that those applying to Ontario can be waived from ielts. so im thinking if i can apply in ontario and alberta simultaneously so that they can provide me an Advisory report and use it in my Alberta application since Im really planning to really work in alberta,and not in Ontario. Anyways we are just all after the Advisory report. Is this possible? Thanks in advance guys!

poiuyt

Oct 4, 2015
nursefrancesPH said:
Hi! im an RN here in the philippines planning to process my NNAS. just wanted to ask if the Advisory report is a General assessment or is it based on what province you applied? im asking this coz i read in this thread that those applying to Ontario can be waived from ielts. so im thinking if i can apply in ontario and alberta simultaneously so that they can provide me an Advisory report and use it in my Alberta application since Im really planning to really work in alberta,and not in Ontario. Anyways we are just all after the Advisory report. Is this possible? Thanks in advance guys!
from what I have read in the NNAS site it is 'different" , you need pay an additional fee if you want apply for ontario but will use for alberta as they will generate another report ..

nursefrancesph, have you started with your NNAS? i was looking around the site for someone who have processed their papers with PRC, i do not know what would be my first step in PRC

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
AK84 said:
Research assistant kind of job available (university/college,companies) but not in hospital
Thank you. Any ideas of specific companies I can apply to please. Thank you

zzzjh

Sep 28, 2015
It is long way to go, if the educational experience is not in English country.
Higher degree did not help too much for the NNAS evaluation. NNAS staff are normally pick up the phone when you called for the information and they are nice to answer your concern, although it did not mean NNAS is nice. I found the most effective way is to make the free call to NNAS if you have any concern about the application. The most easy process is pay the fee, the most difficulty is to get all the documents they required according their standards. it took me near one year, but result is very bad for all the hard work.

zzzjh

Sep 28, 2015
Neji said:
I totally agree on you, Neji! The NNAS system is something wrong for IEN in Canada nurses registration process. I did not think that the evaluation make any sense for the safety and quality of health care in this way.

A recent Canadian report said that it took 3 years in average for the IEN registration in Canada. So we need to prepare for a long way to go. But it is difficult for us to find a job without the license during this time.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Hello all, I don't know if anyone can answer this question for me please. When applying to NNAS for RN Assessment can the report be use to apply for LPN in the same Province or is it required to apply for both RN and LPN Assessments.

Thanks for your replies.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
drills said:
hello everyone i am rn from india with one year work experience and recently got my report from nnas saying not comparable for rn and somewhat comparable for pn. i am not really happy with the results. some people say its easier to become rn in ontario is that true?
Hello drills, did you apply for RN and LPN or did NNAS automatically provide you with the result for the LPN.