Complete docs sent with application
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
IELTS Request
Included on Application
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Request
15-12-2011 (Received at Residence on 30-12-2011)
Med's Done....
17-1-2012,Sent by Nationwide: 6-2-2012 & 17-2-2012, Meds Received on E-cas: 25-2-2012
Interview........
None!!
Passport Req..
25-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2012
LANDED..........
December 2012 (I'll be able to make a snow angel!)
Hello Everyone,

I feel your frustrations. It is sad that it is just to long to process our registration as an RN here. However, I understand that since we are a country of immigrants and we have a lot of different nursing backgrounds, they just wanted to make sure we all have the same level of expertise when in comes to nursing care. As I said before nurses are very independent here.
Anyway, most of the bachelor degree nurses are eligible to become Registered/Licensed Practical Nurses here in Canada. Remember that RPn/LPns are still nurses but we only have a different scope from the RNs. We don't work under them, we collaborate with them. However, I noticed that if you don't have an acute experience (eg. worked as an instructor) for a long time, they see that you are not equipped and might ask you to do a refresher course. If you have the funds, I suggest have your paperworks assessed for both RN and RPn/LPn but still keep in mind that we have a tough job market so network to people who belong to the organization you wanted to work for. Always stay positive and open to changes and opportunites.

Goodluck!
sushicat29

Ameer14

Jun 23, 2015
hi everyone.. im new here in this thread. i would like to know how long is the processing time of NNAS.. i am a PR here in ontario. but im planning to finish my nursing degree in the philippines because i only need 1sem left to graduate. and i am very confused if i should start here from scratch or should i finish my degree back home and have NNAS to assess my credentials.. please please please help.. im very confused on what to do.. your help will be a great help for me.. i dont know which is the best and fastest way to be a RPN or RN here. please help me :( :( :(

sushicat29

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete docs sent with application
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
IELTS Request
Included on Application
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Request
15-12-2011 (Received at Residence on 30-12-2011)
Med's Done....
17-1-2012,Sent by Nationwide: 6-2-2012 & 17-2-2012, Meds Received on E-cas: 25-2-2012
Interview........
None!!
Passport Req..
25-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2012
LANDED..........
December 2012 (I'll be able to make a snow angel!)
Ameer14 said:
hi everyone.. im new here in this thread. i would like to know how long is the processing time of NNAS.. i am a PR here in ontario. but im planning to finish my nursing degree in the philippines because i only need 1sem left to graduate. and i am very confused if i should start here from scratch or should i finish my degree back home and have NNAS to assess my credentials.. please please please help.. im very confused on what to do.. your help will be a great help for me.. i dont know which is the best and fastest way to be a RPN or RN here. please help me :( :( :(
I would suggest that you finish your nursing degree here. Apply to schools and ask them to assess your educational credentials if you can transfer some of your units here. If you finish your nursing degree in the Philippines, you will be considered an internationally educated nurse and assessment and finishing your requirements will take you a minimum of 2 years. NNAS is just the first step and I tell you it is a long way to go..

nursero

Jul 21, 2015
sushicat29 said:
I would suggest that you finish your nursing degree here. Apply to schools and ask them to assess your educational credentials if you can transfer some of your units here. If you finish your nursing degree in the Philippines, you will be considered an internationally educated nurse and assessment and finishing your requirements will take you a minimum of 2 years. NNAS is just the first step and I tell you it is a long way to go..
Hi Ameer,

I agree 100 % with Sushicat's comment.
You should definitely try to go to nursing school in Canada.Otherwise you will be in the same situation thjat the rest of us are.And please believe me it is a painfully long and costly process to become registered in Canada if you are internationally educated.
It may seem like a good idea to go ahead and finish the one semester you have left in your country but it's not.
Unless you are prepared to pay thousands of dollars for papers wait for 1-2 years for your assessment to be done and then go back to school anyway...
I regret now waisting all this time,preparing for IELTS,then paying all those fees and waiting just so i get sent back to school...At least i think i'll be required to take courses,i'm still waiting for my regulatory body to contact me with the next steps.
It is a process that affects your family too not only you.Because it is not clear what will happen to you after all the financial sacrifices and all the waiting and hoping you are not guaranteed anything.
This is just my opinion.If i were to know when i first started what i know now i would go to nursing school here all over again.I would have been licensed by now.
Just passing the english test is a huge challenge...i've met internationally educated nurses and doctors taking the test for the 6 th or 7 th time...And you have to pay the fee each time....

Anyway like I said it's just my humble opinion..Hope it helps a little bit...

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do my friend.

Nursero.

mk84

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
india
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2015
Passport Req..
26-04-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-16
LANDED..........
07-2017
Hi can anyone tell me how much time the NNAS credential can be used is it for one year or two years. As the ECA report by wes and ces they say it is valid for five years. Is it similar case in NNAS or different.

summer1979

Star Member
Jul 31, 2010
Paranaque
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-08-2011
IELTS Request
30-01-2012
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
23-03-2012
Passport Req..
23-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
YA said:
Faraz246
My suggestion is that you initiate the process with NNAS and start sending the nnas forms to your school, etc... at the meant time you can register for IELTS. NNAS will give you access to those forms once you pay the $650.00 fees. By The Way if you work in Canada and have been here for a while and speaks/understand English you should put English as your primary language and you wont have to write the exam.

I hope that help,
YA
Hello YA,

I just read this message and it's been a while since the last time I was on this site. But I am quite surprise with your suggestions, I just did my registration a couple of weeks ago and should have I known that I could put English as my primary language I could have done that, geez! Is this for real? That could have save me a hundreds of dollars and I do not need to get stress esp with my listening, arrrgggh!
But I called NNAS and they said, I should still take IELTS because my primary language is not English as I didn't come from an english speaking country. I am a Filipino BTW. But thanks, this is such a good news to others!

Cheers!

Eann

Aug 19, 2011
iblessed said:
Guest not
My apology, the question might be misleading. Currently, the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba accepts Clinical Competence Assessment done in British Columbia. On that note, I would like to know if anyone had experienced doing so. That was the thought that lead my question.

Sindi1234

Feb 15, 2015
Hello, is there any filipinos here in this thread? Specially from manitoba, i want to start my application but i want to talk to someone how really understand and undergo the process because its very confusing for me. Pleease PM me. Thank you bery much

Fabio David

Sep 15, 2015
Hi! I'm from Laval, Quebec. I'm currently doing my NNAS process for CARNA. I have heard of applicants who were waived on their proof of English proficiency. Does CARNA require the IELTS/CELBAN even if NNAS did not ask for it? I have an active US nursing license. I also want to know the CARNA application status of some US-registered Filipino nurses (I assume that you have PH nursing licenses as well) especially those who completed their graduate studies in nursing at home. Is there any weight/bearing for those with a masters degree/PhD in nursing? Can you share experiences like going through the SEC?

Merci beaucoup! :)

Rhends

Jun 30, 2015
toffboss said:
Wow. Nurse ka po pala! Anyways i started my assesment din with NnAs together with my PR app. My experience with PRC is ok naman. I applied sa Baguio office. It took me less than an hour and i paid less than 200pesos. I called after few days for the tracking number. With regards to myschool i had a hard time. I went back many times. I requested fo a syllabus only to know after that they only sent the course description coz they said thats what they are sending from past request. Kinulit ko sila to send the syllabus. And i clarified woth NNAs kung ano talaga hinahanap and it was indeed a syllabus. I ask them to put my app on hold since they already received the first mail sent by my school and they are ready to evaluate it. My school will just send the syllabus this week. I started the process last April 2015. Wala pako ielts and i dont know kung kelan ako kukuha at kung san ba. Dto or sa canada na. Confusing din kasi with regards to the validity ng ielts. Will ask NNAs for clarification once i am done with the syllabus problem. Hehe. Congrats again on your visa!!

Rhends

Jun 30, 2015
Hello, i'am planning to register in NNAS as LPN in Newfoundland and Labrador. I just wanna ask if anyone of you who already done the registration has the copy of pdf for employment. Is it possible to send me a copy so i could take a look at it? thank you

azia

Aug 10, 2015
aashu241 said:
#TEF
I want to know is it necessary to submit ilets to nnas for ontario province
i am having bachelor of science in nursing 4 years
presently i am in ontario only on study visa
can nnas issue advisory report without ielts for ontario province
if nnas issue advisory report without ielts , will cno demand language proficiency test
Please Reply
yes, NNAS can issue an advisory report even without language proficiency test. this is only for CNO applicants. You just have to send a letter (not an email) stating that your are an Ontario applicant and that you want to waive the test. I hope this one helps.