+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

azia

Aug 10, 2015
xtine_bast said:
Hi,

I just want to ask how did you send your proof of identity?
snail mail? or courier (fedex or dhl)?

Thank you in advance.
I sent mine through snail mail. it got through and posted that they received it about 4weeks after..

Rhends

Jun 30, 2015
azia said:
yes, NNAS can issue an advisory report even without language proficiency test. this is only for CNO applicants. You just have to send a letter (not an email) stating that your are an Ontario applicant and that you want to waive the test. I hope this one helps.
Is that possible to waived ielts? Why is it for ontario applicants only? As i've read, the minimum passing requirement is constant for every regulatory body in Canada and for every nursing program (RN/LPN)... I wanna register but i'am worried with taking ielts. As they need L:7.5, R:6.5, W:7, S:7.... in my country they always give 6.5 in writing part...

sushicat29

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete docs sent with application
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
IELTS Request
Included on Application
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Request
15-12-2011 (Received at Residence on 30-12-2011)
Med's Done....
17-1-2012,Sent by Nationwide: 6-2-2012 & 17-2-2012, Meds Received on E-cas: 25-2-2012
Interview........
None!!
Passport Req..
25-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2012
LANDED..........
December 2012 (I'll be able to make a snow angel!)
Rhends said:
Is that possible to waived ielts? Why is it for ontario applicants only? As i've read, the minimum passing requirement is constant for every regulatory body in Canada and for every nursing program (RN/LPN)... I wanna register but i'am worried with taking ielts. As they need L:7.5, R:6.5, W:7, S:7.... in my country they always give 6.5 in writing part...
Evidence of English Proficiency ( IELTS, CELBAN) is a requirement if the mode of instruction of your education is not English or if your country's 1st language is not English. What I believe is that in Ontario, this requirement is still needed but unlike other provinces you do not need to submit it before they process your papers. It is possible to have your IELTS waived, but you need to request it by sending them a letter and they will ask you to provide evidences that will show them that indeed you do not require the english proficiency exams. The last decision is still from the college of nursing if they will waive it, it takes time to wait for their decision and of course cost money for you to send requirements etc..so some do not want to bother with this step.

Rhends

Jun 30, 2015
sushicat29 said:
Evidence of English Proficiency ( IELTS, CELBAN) is a requirement if the mode of instruction of your education is not English or if your country's 1st language is not English. What I believe is that in Ontario, this requirement is still needed but unlike other provinces you do not need to submit it before they process your papers. It is possible to have your IELTS waived, but you need to request it by sending them a letter and they will ask you to provide evidences that will show them that indeed you do not require the english proficiency exams. The last decision is still from the college of nursing if they will waive it, it takes time to wait for their decision and of course cost money for you to send requirements etc..so some do not want to bother with this step.

Thanks for the reply, i'am planning to register as LPN in newfoundland and labrador. you can't get enough information on their website. I'am RN in philippines, where english is not our primary language. but the subjects were taught in english. And i have a degree in uk where the lessons, assessment is in english language. That's why i am thinking if i can be exempted. So, IELTS meant to be submitted when you initially register or can you wait until NNAS assesses your education and determines if language proficiency testing is required? Do you think nnas will ask you proof of language proficiency or it is the college? And do u think there will be a standard error of measurement for ielts score? I wanna start my registration asap but i want to make sure bout this ielts thing. It is very expensive to register in nnas. And if i can't pass ielts, its just like wasting of money. Thank you

sushicat29

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
IELTS Request
Included on Application
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
17-1-2012,Sent by Nationwide: 6-2-2012 & 17-2-2012, Meds Received on E-cas: 25-2-2012
Interview........
None!!
Passport Req..
25-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2012
LANDED..........
Rhends said:
Thanks for the reply, i'am planning to register as LPN in newfoundland and labrador. you can't get enough information on their website. I'am RN in philippines, where english is not our primary language. but the subjects were taught in english. And i have a degree in uk where the lessons, assessment is in english language. That's why i am thinking if i can be exempted. So, IELTS meant to be submitted when you initially register or can you wait until NNAS assesses your education and determines if language proficiency testing is required? Do you think nnas will ask you proof of language proficiency or it is the college? And do u think there will be a standard error of measurement for ielts score? I wanna start my registration asap but i want to make sure bout this ielts thing. It is very expensive to register in nnas. And if i can't pass ielts, its just like wasting of money. Thank you
Hello,

Please check this link..http://www.clpnnl.ca/attachments/changes.pdf and try to contact them to ask about your english requirement and also I think you could get better information by calling or email NNAS support regarding your concern since every province has different requirements. I am registered in BC and they required me to provide my english proof before they process my registration and it took me a year to process it since I took CELBAN.

Rhends

Jun 30, 2015
Thank you for this info. yeah coz they changed the registration process... Hope they will answer me straight to the point.... i aready have employer to process my papers provided i will be able registered as a nurse before i'll go to canada. I'am pressured with the ielts test. that's why i'am looking for an employer who can sponsor overseas even just nursing assistant as a backed up plan

azia

Aug 10, 2015
Rhends said:
yup, here is their reply to my inquiry before.

" Thank you for contacting NNAS. Since you are applying to Ontario, you have the option to either send in your IELTS/CELBAN results, or waive/postpone the language requirement by writing NNAS a letter indicating that choice. This way, your Advisory report can be issued without IELTS/CELBAN results (knowing that Ontario will contact you after you sit for the Exam about their language proficiency requirement). If you choose to postpone the language, you must write a letter stating that you are an Ontario Applicant, and you wish to waive the Language requirement from your NNAS Application, your NNAS ID number and signature. Please send the letter by postal mail to NNAS, 3600 Market Street, Suite 400, Philadelphia PA 19104-2651, USA. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. NNAS Customer Care

Rhends

Jun 30, 2015
Why is it only in ontario? Do u know the reason why? I contacted nnas and here's the reply: If you did not graduate as an RN in a Canadian Nursing School and English is not your first language you will be required to provide passing language proficiency test scores. That is either IELTS or CELBAN. You can apply without the test results. You have one year from the date of your application to provide those results. We will continue to do your assessment but a report cannot be issued and Nursing Regulatory Bodies will not accept it without those scores.
Thank you.
NNAS

I don't know if i can get those ielts score required by nnas. Indeed ielts is only a money making business. No matter how good you are in english, they can manipulate your score specially in writing section:/(.....but if i will pass this will be a great opportunity to come in canada, i think this is the only way so i can enter canada.

kssandhu

May 27, 2014
I am a Registered nurse in India and want to go for NNAS report for Ontario province. I have done my B.Sc Nursing 4yrs and M.Sc Nursing 2yrs from India in Punjab area. I want to know from the members from their experience that what they think that whether I will get my study comparable to Canadian nursing standards for RN in Canada.

Rhends

Jun 30, 2015
kssandhu said:
I am a Registered nurse in India and want to go for NNAS report for Ontario province. I have done my B.Sc Nursing 4yrs and M.Sc Nursing 2yrs from India in Punjab area. I want to know from the members from their experience that what they think that whether I will get my study comparable to Canadian nursing standards for RN in Canada.
Hello... Im not quite sure. But i believe your BS nursing degree is just a 2yr year diploma in canada. But because u have done your Masteral, i think it might be comparable to canadian nursing standard for RN...

kssandhu

May 27, 2014
Thanks for the quick update.
I request other members also to share their experience. It will help me greatly.
And what about the total time NNAS takes to issue the report from the date of submission of all documents

Rhends

Jun 30, 2015
kssandhu said:
Thanks for the quick update.
I request other members also to share their experience. It will help me greatly.
And what about the total time NNAS takes to issue the report from the date of submission of all documents
No worries... If they already received all required documents, it will take 6-8 weekds to complete your NNAS report.

kssandhu

May 27, 2014
Hi,
I am currently working in Nursing college as a Nursing tutor. Is it an issue to apply for NNAS advisory report for RN as I am not into direct clinical rather educate the nursing students both theory as well as Clinical.

Pls guide

Kristina1987

Mar 14, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi anyone from Bristish Columbia applying for NNAS as RN and LPN?? I'm one of you. I'm waiting for NNAS to receive all my documents from the Philippines.
Please let's update and share thoughts send me an email kreng_31@yahoo.com :)

sushicat29

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
IELTS Request
Included on Application
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
None!!
Passport Req..
25-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2012
LANDED..........
Kristina1987 said:
Hi anyone from Bristish Columbia applying for NNAS as RN and LPN?? I'm one of you. I'm waiting for NNAS to receive all my documents from the Philippines.
Please let's update and share thoughts send me an email kreng_31 @ yahoo.com :)
Hi Kristina,

I am an IEN from the Philippines with current registration as an LPN from CLPNBC and ongoing registration from CRNBC.

Goodluck!!