+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

Nirvan

Jul 8, 2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
I live in Nepal. We dont have credit cards that can pay in canadian dollar. Inorder to have an account we need to show canadian dollar income source. Hence its very difficult to pay online. So is there any other way by which I can pay for NNAS? Previously I have made all my payments through demand draft.

Aug 23, 2015
Subash said:
Dear all,

I am filling out my information online and have reached up to the final column of payment.Meanwhile,I want to find the required forms in order to send to my nursing college and employment agencies for the required information but I couldn't find the link on NNAS handbook. Does it mean I should submit and make payment first to get those forms? As I am moving to Canada shortly,can it be done from Canada as well?

I am looking forward to your response.
We have the same issue. I want to know if forms can be accessed and printed before having the payment. I am thinking of gathering the needed requirements first that are included with the forms. In addition, I want to pass the IELTS and NCLEX first before I start paying for the fees in NNAS. Do you know someone who had done that? (print the forms before paying?)

Has anyone here knows about the requirements in NNAS? I am pertaining to the requirements as stated in the forms.

I hope someone could help me. Thank you in advance.

TEF

Mar 10, 2015
Nirvan said:
Hi TEF... Thanx for the information. Me and my spouse are from Nepal, but most of our curriculum are in English. We give written exam and viva in english. So my question is if we can prove that then are we exempt from giving ielts score? Also reading post from others I have one more confusion. If my spouse does not acheive the required score in Academic ielts that is 7 in each band then does that mean we should give another shot again before applying for nnas?
Hi Nirvan, May be you should find out from other candidates from Nepal who have applied to provincial boards before to get their own experience whether they were told to write English or not. I only know that applicants who have lived and studied nursing in the US are considered to have met English proficiency requirement. There maybe other countries in addition to Canada but I do not know those included. You can contact customer service at NNAS and at the provincial board of nursing where you intend to apply to hear from them whether you will be expected to write the English. Like I told another person, NNAS may process your documents and issue a report without IELTS test depending on your circumstance but be informed that the provincial board will study your case critically to ensure that you qualify for English exemption based on what they have listed on their website before granting you that exemption. The sooner you know for sure whether you will write English or not, the better for you so that you can start planning well in advance. Good luck.

Eann

Aug 19, 2011
Hello everyone! I just want to ask, I received my advisory report yesterday which says "not comparable". I am planning to apply to apply to other province, do you think I will have to pay another usd600 for it? Or just the usd220? Thank you.

YA

Feb 3, 2015
Eann said:
Hello everyone! I just want to ask, I received my advisory report yesterday which says "not comparable". I am planning to apply to apply to other province, do you think I will have to pay another usd600 for it? Or just the usd220? Thank you.
Eann, unfortunately you will have to pay again. You can add any province while they are issuing your advisory report for a smaller fee ($220), but once the advisory report is issued that's it. if you want to apply to other provinces you have to start all over. The good thing is that they have all your information so you don't need to send your school transcript, etc, again.

Aug 23, 2015
Good day. Anyone who can tell me about the requirements of NNAS like the most important ones, e.g., documents needed from school, employer, IELTS, PRC, etc.? I cant open the forms since I haven't paid yet. Can anyone help? Thank you.

sushicat29

Jun 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete docs sent with application
AOR Received.
05-10-2011
IELTS Request
Included on Application
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Request
15-12-2011 (Received at Residence on 30-12-2011)
Med's Done....
17-1-2012,Sent by Nationwide: 6-2-2012 & 17-2-2012, Meds Received on E-cas: 25-2-2012
Interview........
None!!
Passport Req..
25-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2012
LANDED..........
December 2012 (I'll be able to make a snow angel!)
iblessed said:
Thank you Sushicat29 for sharing, but it is difficult to registered in Canada and for thousands of nurses you have to first show that you are a landed Permanent Residence for your application to move to the next level. Plus not being able to work as a RN for two years or more you will forget how do some things because you are not practicing. What I would suggest for those who are able to even if it means leaving your family for 3-6 months if it is possible as it may not be for some, is to go back to your home country alone and continue to work in your roll as a RN till your registration is complete or apply for LPN/RPN in the mean time. Is your application for RN also in Vancouver.
Hi iblessed,

I am ongoing with my RN registration in BC. By the way, Vancouver is a city in British Columbia I am currently working as a casual LPN in 3 acute hospitals and it is hard to get a permanent position if you want to work in a acute setup since you have to build seniority hours..

Nirvan

Jul 8, 2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
I m frm nepal and sadly for me we dnt have credit cards which pays dollor amount. Emailed it to NNAS but they sya that is the only way for payment. Now I have to find someone who can pay for me from abroad and think of ways to reimburse it sm how. :/ :(

kesikan

May 5, 2014
Dear friends,it was a bad day for me. :-\ Got the nnas report as not comparable. I'm a nurse from India with 6 years of experience. Migrated to Canada this July under fsw visa. Now I am deeply shock d as I didn't expect this and it makes me lose my hope of becoming an rn. Kindly tell me what should I do next. I'm tired and exhausted with all these processes and really fed up. As you know, getting a pr itself is a demanding task. And getting all documents, needed ielts score for nnas is again a big task. Besides that the surplus amount of money I have have by...finally to get a very de motivating report.....please give me some hope. I have no clue. Dropped my nclex preparations. Please guide me. Thanks....

rashidat

Oct 25, 2014
DaleJ said:
Hi,
Sorry for the delay in updates. I did apply to CARNA and I got a package from them as well an email saying I am eligible to write the NCLEX as well apply for a temporary practice permit. TEF, when did you apply to CARNA? They took 8 weeks to compete my assessment and let me know the result. The actual package took three weeks to reach Jamaica because they send it by regular mail. I haven't applied for the practice permit yet because based on the info I got, it's best to have a job lined up first. This covers the 225 hours that you need to get fully registered with them. If you don't have a job, and the permit expires it can be difficult to get a new one because that is dependent on an employer reference.
TEF, you would have already done NcLEx, so you should just have to apply for the permit and get a job... That's my guess. For those who have links to a hospital or health centre willing to hire nurses who need the 225 hour requirement please share...
Let me know how it goes TEF.
hello. Please can anyone tell me any agent or how to get work in as lpn in alberta before i apply for the practice permit? My nnas is report is favourable. I dont want to apply for the practice permit before i get a job offer bcos presently i am not a canada permanent resident and i m not in canada.

nursero

Jul 21, 2015
kesikan said:
Dear friends,it was a bad day for me. :-\ Got the nnas report as not comparable. I'm a nurse from India with 6 years of experience. Migrated to Canada this July under fsw visa. Now I am deeply shock d as I didn't expect this and it makes me lose my hope of becoming an rn. Kindly tell me what should I do next. I'm tired and exhausted with all these processes and really fed up. As you know, getting a pr itself is a demanding task. And getting all documents, needed ielts score for nnas is again a big task. Besides that the surplus amount of money I have have by...finally to get a very de motivating report.....please give me some hope. I have no clue. Dropped my nclex preparations. Please guide me. Thanks....

Dear Kesikan,

I have tried several times to reply to your PM's but it won't let me send my message because your inbox is full.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
kesikan said:
Hello kesikan, you could apply for RPN/LPN depending on which Province you are in. All the best

YA

Feb 3, 2015
kesikan said:
In response to you email. Most people who got NON COMPARABLE has been able to work as a RPN and then go back to school and work on the RN. Do not be discouraged!! Remember is the Provincial Body who makes the final decision. The Jurisprudence exam wasn't bad. Make sure you read all the material is on the Website (if CNO look on their links, they have all the study material there). Good Luck to you!!!

nursero

Jul 21, 2015
YA said:
In response to you email. Most people who got NON COMPARABLE has been able to work as a RPN and then go back to school and work on the RN. Do not be discouraged!! Remember is the Provincial Body who makes the final decision. The Jurisprudence exam wasn't bad. Make sure you read all the material is on the Website (if CNO look on their links, they have all the study material there). Good Luck to you!!!
Hi YA,

I got the same NON COMPARABLE report from NNAS.
I have already applied to my regulatory body.
How do you know most people were able to work as RPN?Do you know any similar cases that got their report from any of the regulatory bodies?Were they asked at least to take the SEC examination?Because i think it's fair for us to at least be able to take the exam and prove our skills and knowledge.
Or does the regulatory body just suggest you should work as an RPN???How does this work?I am getting confused now as i did not ask to be assessed as an RPN.
Please,please tell us if you know.This whole process and now more waiting and just guessing is just making me sick...im soo tired...
Thank you,

Respectfully,
Nursero.

JPMS

Sep 1, 2015
I also got "Not Comparable" result just a few days ago.. And I don't know what I should do next.. Can you update here your timeline as to what happens after applying to the registering body? That will be really helpful.. Thanks