+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

summitseries

Nov 10, 2015
kreystiyanpoll said:
I am also a filipino RN. So are you done with your NNAS?
If you you dont have any experience, most likely, they will ask you to take courses.

The thing is if you will go back to zero amd start your whole BSN program here, of course basically it will take you most likely 4 yrs to finish it.
However, if you had done your assessment with NNAS and had your application with any of the canadian regulatory bodies, and if they advised you to take some courses or the bridging program, i think it will take you lesser time to finish it than retaking the whole BSN program. Just my point of view. That means also, lesser expenses. Although ofcourse tuition fees vary from institution to institutions.

I'm not recommending you to go home and have some nursing experience back home. Why? It's not a guarantee that you will get a somewhat comparable advisory report. Because the result of the advisory reports are basically about the nursing program and curriculum you had in the philippines. The nursing experience is basically to determine your safe practice.
Working experience will only have a bearing when you are already on the regulatory bosy stage of application.
However, i would like also yo remind you that it's always case to case basis.
Hi kreystiyanpoll,

Greatly appreciate your detailed reply.

No, I haven't had my NNAS done yet. I was just under the assumption that they will probably advise me to re-take the whole program, given my poor standing.
Do you have an idea as to how long these courses that they advise take?

Thanks for clarifying the "work experience" part. I am hoping to practice in Alberta so I guess I will have to look into that in detail. Whether I should just take courses CLPNA or CARNA will require, or gain the experience.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
I heard that clpna will still allow you to take CNPRE even without experience. Try it.
With regards to RN application, and the length of bridging programs, the full bridging program in alverta will take you 1 yr. but if you challenge the SEC exam, it may be shortened depending on the number of your gaps identified.

summitseries said:
Hi kreystiyanpoll,

Greatly appreciate your detailed reply.

No, I haven't had my NNAS done yet. I was just under the assumption that they will probably advise me to re-take the whole program, given my poor standing.
Do you have an idea as to how long these courses that they advise take?

Thanks for clarifying the "work experience" part. I am hoping to practice in Alberta so I guess I will have to look into that in detail. Whether I should just take courses CLPNA or CARNA will require, or gain the experience.

summitseries

Nov 10, 2015
kreystiyanpoll said:
I heard that clpna will still allow you to take CNPRE even without experience. Try it.
With regards to RN application, and the length of bridging programs, the full bridging program in alverta will take you 1 yr. but if you challenge the SEC exam, it may be shortened depending on the number of your gaps identified.
Ah.. so it's not as massive of an effort as I thought it was! Thanks kreystiyanpoll, you've really clarified a lot of things for me. As for now, I have to sort out all my Permanent Resident application issues first, and THEN the NNAS! Just getting as much info as I need before I finally have to tackle this NNAS thing. Thanks again!

D.A

Nov 15, 2016
canada11 said:
I can't comment on temporary work permit..Although, in order to work as Nurse in Canada, either you are Canadian educated or Internationally educated you need to get registered by NRB of respective province LIke for Ontario, NRB's name is College of Nurses Ontario,for British Columbia its CRNBC and so on. You may google for others.

Thank you.
Can I Apply to NNAS from outside Canada?
Does NNAS advisory report has any validation?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
YOu can apply for NNAS from anywhere in the world.

Its a main prerequisite to apply for the provisional NRB for Int'l Educated Nurses. Without NNAS report, you can not apply in any NRB of any province.

vivon

Jun 5, 2015
I completed my BSN in the US and i received 'somewhat comparable' from NNAS. Does this mean that if i apply to CNO i will not have to take OSCE? I already did NCLEX exam in the US.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
If you applied for the RN, then most likely yes. Because that's what happened to me, i got the eligibility already.
Since you are already an nclex passer, the viola! You are RN very soon!

vivon said:
I completed my BSN in the US and i received 'somewhat comparable' from NNAS. Does this mean that if i apply to CNO i will not have to take OSCE? I already did NCLEX exam in the US.

vivon

Jun 5, 2015
kreystiyanpoll said:
If you applied for the RN, then most likely yes. Because that's what happened to me, i got the eligibility already.
Since you are already an nclex passer, the viola! You are RN very soon!
Thank you for the information!

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
kevindillon said:
Hi Guys

I am new to this site. I received my report today 'not comparable'. I am from the UK (Scotland). I have completed a 3 year bachelors degree of which i achieved an A Grade for EVERY exam/essay and passed with distinction.

As this is the case, i am of the opinion that everyone is going to receive this unless from the USA from reading all the earlier posts.

Does anyone know if a 'not comparable' means you will not be accepted??

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Did you apply for RPN?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Effective Sep 22, 2016...... CNO will assess your RN education after NNAS report and will inform you if you need to go for OSCE or not. Although, you can opt for OSCE parallel too.

Earlier , everyone has to go through OSCE

brown3979

Oct 1, 2016
vivon said:
Hey I also went for my BSN in the US. I have had all my items at meets requirements and ready for review since 9/11/16. How long did it take you between that and getting your report?

vivon

Jun 5, 2015
brown3979 said:
Hey I also went for my BSN in the US. I have had all my items at meets requirements and ready for review since 9/11/16. How long did it take you between that and getting your report?
It took 5 &1/2 months. I called several times and finally had to ask for supervisor then after 2 weeks i received my results.

Honey_liz2k

May 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
Nomination.....
Sept 2014
AOR Received.
June2015
Med's Request
September 2015
Med's Done....
October 2015
Honey_liz2k said:
Hi. I actually have read one of your posts. I have the same scenario regarding being contacted by the nnas/cgfns evaluator and he mention to me that he will forward it to the QA dept for report issuance. I may received the report in few days if i dont cross any issues. This happened last october 27 and they change my dashboard status to READY FOR FINAL REVIEW. Then a day after, i just recheked my nnas portal again because i was very happy that it improved, but to my surprise it was changed back to ready for review again. I contacted nnas contact us portal and said my concern but they said there was a computer glitch. I got really upset. So every 2 weeks ive been contacting them via their contact us portal but they always give me an annoying answer like ideally the processing time is 8-10 weeks. But due to the high volume of application there is delay in the assessment. We could not give you a time frame as when the result will be issued. I tried to contact nnas by their phone but im so unlucky. It wont get through. Please help what else could i do? Its my 15th month now since i had my initial ready for review status.thank you very much