App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
When they recieved all those JD?

iblessed said:
Has anyone receive any correspondence from CNO since submitting their job description.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
kreystiyanpoll said:
What do you mean correspondence? Correspondence specifically about your job description or with the status of your application as a whole?

With the application. Thank you :D

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
So what I infer is that ...

You submitted the JD & CNO form in MId sept... & now its going to be mid Nov and you still waiting for the response from CNO

iblessed said:
Mid September.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I have a question ...

CNO asked for updated JDs from my 4 employers out which I m unable to secure the JD from one hospital. I have their experience letter but no JD. Out of my 10 years experience it constitutes of 2 years.

What should I do ?

This is for RPN ..

Mybethfren

Feb 10, 2016
Hi guys, I'm new to this thread. I got an eligibility to take the exam last sept. 2014 from CNO under LPN but haven't landed to Canada yet... can I still use it when I will come to Canada next year? Thank you & hoping someone can help...

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I guess only CNO can tell you

Mybethfren said:
Hi guys, I'm new to this thread. I got an eligibility to take the exam last sept. 2014 from CNO under LPN but haven't landed to Canada yet... can I still use it when I will come to Canada next year? Thank you & hoping someone can help...

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Call CNO. But as far as i know and as the letter that they send to us always says that if there is an inactivity for 2 years, then your file will be closed.

Mybethfren said:

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
canada11 said:
So what I infer is that ...

You submitted the JD & CNO form in MId sept... & now its going to be mid Nov and you still waiting for the response from CNO

Hello everyone i got a letter from CNO today and i am Eligible to take the CPNRE. BUT they still require Evidence of Language Proficiency in English, which i thought was covered under my Nursing studies and country of mother language all of which is ENGLISH. But CNO says my education would have had to be in the last two years in Canada or if i had registration in Canada. All evidence supporting language proficiency must have been completed within the two years before you receive your certificate of registration from the College.

In Depth: Language Proficiency

“Language proficiency” means the ability to communicate and comprehend effectively, both orally and in writing, in either language.

The College reviews your evidence to determine if you demonstrate the ability to read, write, listen and speak at a level that permits you to practise nursing safely in Ontario.

All evidence supporting language proficiency must have been completed within the two years before you receive your certificate of registration from the College. (This timeframe may be extended by the Registration Committee; see below for details.)

MEETING THE LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT

The majority of applicants to the College meet the language proficiency requirement in one of three ways:

by completing a nursing program in Ontario, Canada or another jurisdiction where:
theory and clinical instruction was provided in English or French
the primary language of the educational institution was English or French
the program was not an online or distance education program and
theory and clinical instruction was not completed exclusively through PLAR (Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition)

by holding current registration with the College (or having held registration within the last two years) in the General, Temporary, Extended, or Special Assignment classes

by holding current registration with another nursing regulatory body in Canada (or having held registration within the last two years), in an equivalent active and practising class
by achieving the required benchmark scores on one of the language proficiency tests approved by the College.
Applicants who can’t demonstrate language proficiency through their nursing program, registration status, or a recent language proficiency test must provide other evidence of language proficiency.

D.A

Nov 15, 2016
Hello all

So far I understood that to become licensed RN in Canada, it is compulsory to go through tedious task by the NNAS. I wanted to know what you mean by "Eligible to register in certain province" when checked in job bank.does it require the same said process?

Senior members of this thread please clarify.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
every province has their own Nursing registration body.

After NNAS, you need to apply to required NRB where you wanna work

D.A said:
Hello all

So far I understood that to become licensed RN in Canada, it is compulsory to go through tedious task by the NNAS. I wanted to know what you mean by "Eligible to register in certain province" when checked in job bank.does it require the same said process?

Senior members of this thread please clarify.

D.A

Nov 15, 2016
Thank you canada11 for your reply.

So that means NRB(nursing regulatory board?) decides . Is it same with the temporary work permit?

I was expecting reply from you first and it came true. :) I have lot to ask you. If you have personal blog then let me know.I don't feel right to ask petty questions in this big forum.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I can't comment on temporary work permit..Although, in order to work as Nurse in Canada, either you are Canadian educated or Internationally educated you need to get registered by NRB of respective province LIke for Ontario, NRB's name is College of Nurses Ontario,for British Columbia its CRNBC and so on. You may google for others.

D.A said:
Thank you canada11 for your reply.

So that means NRB(nursing regulatory board?) decides . Is it same with the temporary work permit?

I was expecting reply from you first and it came true. :) I have lot to ask you. If you have personal blog then let me know.I don't feel right to ask petty questions in this big forum.

summitseries

Nov 10, 2015
Hello! This has probably been asked before, but I hope someone would throw me a bit of advice as this whole NNAS is so overwhelming to me :(

I am a Filipino RN since 2011 and have had no RN work experience ever. A few options I am considering:

• 1 - Just go "back to zero" and get a BSN education in Canada. How long and how much would it cost for a foreign student/Canada Permanent Resident?
  • 2 - Go back to the Philippines for a few months to gain some experience. How much experience is enough to get at least a "Somewhat Comparable" NNAS rating?
  • 3 - Put my time and money elsewhere. :'(

Which option is best in my situation? Thanks in advance to anyone who would take time to answer.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
I am also a filipino RN. So are you done with your NNAS?
If you you dont have any experience, most likely, they will ask you to take courses.

The thing is if you will go back to zero amd start your whole BSN program here, of course basically it will take you most likely 4 yrs to finish it.
However, if you had done your assessment with NNAS and had your application with any of the canadian regulatory bodies, and if they advised you to take some courses or the bridging program, i think it will take you lesser time to finish it than retaking the whole BSN program. Just my point of view. That means also, lesser expenses. Although ofcourse tuition fees vary from institution to institutions.

I'm not recommending you to go home and have some nursing experience back home. Why? It's not a guarantee that you will get a somewhat comparable advisory report. Because the result of the advisory reports are basically about the nursing program and curriculum you had in the philippines. The nursing experience is basically to determine your safe practice.
Working experience will only have a bearing when you are already on the regulatory bosy stage of application.
However, i would like also yo remind you that it's always case to case basis.

summitseries said:
Hello! This has probably been asked before, but I hope someone would throw me a bit of advice as this whole NNAS is so overwhelming to me :(

I am a Filipino RN since 2011 and have had no RN work experience ever. A few options I am considering:

• 1 - Just go "back to zero" and get a BSN education in Canada. How long and how much would it cost for a foreign student/Canada Permanent Resident?
  • 2 - Go back to the Philippines for a few months to gain some experience. How much experience is enough to get at least a "Somewhat Comparable" NNAS rating?
  • 3 - Put my time and money elsewhere. :'(

Which option is best in my situation? Thanks in advance to anyone who would take time to answer.