App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Sometimes they do have issues... just login later time

iblessed said:
Hi has anyone has difficulty login on to the nnas website?

Honey_liz2k

May 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
Nomination.....
Sept 2014
AOR Received.
June2015
Med's Request
September 2015
Med's Done....
October 2015
Hi faraz,

Could i ask if the form for that nursing practice/employmnt section by nnas needs to be filled ny your nursing supervisor or hr? Do you have nnas result now? Which country are you from? Thank you very much. Hope tohear from u soon.

faraz246 said:
Hello. I just wanted to ask that the Nursing Practice/Employment Form should be filled by immediate supervisor or by HR? Kindly guide me in this regard.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Hi, anybody here who is already done with the assessment of RPN with NNAS and also done with the CNO? What is CNO's verdict and decision?

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
Honey_liz2k said:
Hi faraz,

Could i ask if the form for that nursing practice/employmnt section by nnas needs to be filled ny your nursing supervisor or hr? Do you have nnas result now? Which country are you from? Thank you very much. Hope tohear from u soon.
It could either be your supervisor, head nurse, or HR who could fill up the form jusg as long as they have a personal/direct line provided as well as email address so NNAS could contact them should there be a need.

bandy

Feb 9, 2016
hey nursero

did you apply to CARNA? what was the outcome of your assessment? please do share it. i got a non comparable report from nnas thats why i wanted to know what we have to go through after this type of report.

thank you

nursero said:
Hi friends,

So after almost 15 weeks NNAS has finally issued my advisory report as NON COMPARABLE :-\
I am so dissapointed.I will however apply to CARNA and see what they tell me.I will probably have to go thru SEC examination wich is fine with me as i know i am ready for it.I am not scared of the examination itself and i am confident i will do well if i am given the chance to take it.
My biggest fear is that they will not give me a chance to.

Has anyone with a non comparable report applyed to any of the regulatory bodies and got their assessment back?Please please pease share...it would be of great help to know that altough NNAS found our curriculum to be not comparable to the Canadian one we can still get a chance to prove that we do have the knowledge,ethics and skills to practice in Canada.

Oh my God,what a "great" way to start the weekend.

Please anyone that might be able to help share your story...I already know that if you get comparable or somewhat comparable you are fine but what about the ones that get non comparable? Is this it? Is it over for us?

Respectfuly,

Nursero.

Ceecee11

Nov 7, 2014
bandy said:
hey nursero

did you apply to CARNA? what was the outcome of your assessment? please do share it. i got a non comparable report from nnas thats why i wanted to know what we have to go through after this type of report.

thank you
Hey Guys

I too have just received my advisory report back from NNAS after 7 long months. I am a UK nurse, mine too was non comparable. Im also wandering how long it took people who applied to CNO to get the next report back. It would be great to know what the next steps are after getting the advisory report back. Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Ceecee11 said:
Hey Guys

I too have just received my advisory report back from NNAS after 7 long months. I am a UK nurse, mine too was non comparable. Im also wandering how long it took people who applied to CNO to get the next report back. It would be great to know what the next steps are after getting the advisory report back. Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks

CNO says atleast 20 weeks

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Ceecee11 said:
Hey Guys

Hi Ceecee11 thanks for sharing your info, i am also from the UK. I had applied to CNO for RN back in 2012 and in 2014 was told i needed some competences so i went back to the UK for six months to maintain my registration there and applied to NNAS the end of August last year for RPN in Ontario and RN P.E.I so i am still waiting for my report. I did my degree in Bristol England where did you study if you don't mind me asking and all the best with the rest of your process.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
bandy said:
hey nursero

thank you
For CARNA, it will depend on your years of experience. The trend is that if you have less than 5 years of recent experience you have 2 options, whether to undergo a Bridge to Canadian Nursing program or SEC evaluation. If you have more than 5 years of recent experience, your only option is to undergo SEC. If you have NO EXPERIENCE or has lapsed more than 5 years, you will undergo a refresher course. These are all given that NNAS report is NON COMPARABLE.

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Ceecee11 said:
Thanks for that information, i guess there will be another long wait
Yes it is really a long wait. My friends and classmates who were already done with the CNO, took them 5 months or more.
Remember CNO caters both RN and LPN applications, unlike other provinces of canada that they have separate regulatory bodies for LPN and RN.

GODWILLDO

Jul 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 August 2014
Doc's Request.
cc Charged : 13 November 2014
Nomination.....
28 November 2014
IELTS Request
2013 July
File Transfer...
Second line update : 2 February 2015
Med's Request
25 February 2015
Med's Done....
12 March 2015 TLU : 22 March 2015
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
22 May 2015 DM : 26 May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2015
JWZR421 said:
For CARNA, it will depend on your years of experience. The trend is that if you have less than 5 years of recent experience you have 2 options, whether to undergo a Bridge to Canadian Nursing program or SEC evaluation. If you have more than 5 years of recent experience, your only option is to undergo SEC. If you have NO EXPERIENCE or has lapsed more than 5 years, you will undergo a refresher course. These are all given that NNAS report is NON COMPARABLE.
Hiii JWZR.... how do they calculate the recent experience.... wht they actually mean by that term... is it working as a bedside nurse only or that includes adminstrative task...

thanks.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
GODWILLDO said:
Hiii JWZR.... how do they calculate the recent experience.... wht they actually mean by that term... is it working as a bedside nurse only or that includes adminstrative task...

thanks.
As long as you are working in a hospital, w/ duties and responsibilities of a RN.

bandy

Feb 9, 2016
JWZR421 said:
hey thanks
thanks for the info. did you apply to CARNA too ?? or do you know someone with non comparable report who applied to CARNA?