National Identity document for Canada OINP Paper application

tan_moy

Jan 13, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Folks ,

I would like to get your advise here .
There is a section to fill National Identity document details while filling up the application.
Also , its a required field to enter expiry date of Adhar card (as I am using Adhar card as my National Identity document)
Looking forward to your advise here

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi Folks ,

There is a section to fill National Identity document details while filling up the application.
Also , its a required field to enter expiry date of Adhar card (as I am using Adhar card as my National Identity document)
Yes

dsingh72

Dec 29, 2016
Hi Folks ,

Did you find any answers ?

dsingh72

Dec 29, 2016
What is the definition of dependent ?

I applying for my mother's PR application. She has two child me and my brother. I am Canadian citizen (38). My brother (independent) is Indian citizen (36) lives in India. My father has passed away.
According to my understanding, she has zero dependent. But it seems pretty tricky when you read following information (in red) on Generic application form. Following are my questions.
  1. Do we mention any family member as dependent in the following question?
  2. Is applicant(my mother) herself inculded in the following dependent list?
Dependants
You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada).
You must also include details on family members if you don’t know where they are (even those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t list them on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them later if your situation changes.
When prompted, you can add more family members by clicking “Add dependants.” You can also click “Delete” to remove any dependants. If you do not need to add family members, click “No.” Once you are finished, click “Complete and return to application” to save this form and return to the main application page.
Do you have dependants to add to this form? (required)

My next Questions are about form 5768
  • What # do I fill for Q3A of form 5768.
  • What # do I fill in Q5 ? .. I got married recently (My wife is independent and still live in India). So, obviously she can't be a cosigner. And, I didn't file her PR application yet.

Great all the best.

Last edited:

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
What is the definition of dependent ?

I applying for my mother's PR application. She has two child me and my brother. I am Canadian citizen (38). My brother (independent) is Indian citizen (36) lives in India. My father has passed away.
According to my understanding, she has zero dependent. But it seems pretty tricky when you read following information (in red) on Generic application form. Following are my questions.
  1. Do we mention any family member as dependent in the following question?
  2. Is applicant(my mother) herself inculded in the following dependent list?
Dependants
You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada).
You must also include details on family members if you don’t know where they are (even those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t list them on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them later if your situation changes.
When prompted, you can add more family members by clicking “Add dependants.” You can also click “Delete” to remove any dependants. If you do not need to add family members, click “No.” Once you are finished, click “Complete and return to application” to save this form and return to the main application page.
Do you have dependants to add to this form? (required)

My next Questions are about form 5768
  • What # do I fill for Q3A of form 5768.
  • What # do I fill in Q5 ? .. I got married recently (My wife is independent and still live in India). So, obviously she can't be a cosigner. And, I didn't file her PR application yet.
Yes all of her family members even though deceased are her dependents irrespective of status.

dsingh72

Dec 29, 2016
Yes all of her family members even though deceased are her dependents irrespective of status.

That doesn't make sense. Because that section belongs to dependents. Children which are in mid-age aren't dependent. I think if this child is above 22 he/she is not dependent.

If I count my dead father in dependent then Q3A will also increase by one family number. Hence total family size will be increased by 1. That means required minimum income will be for 4 family members. That's strange!!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
That doesn't make sense. Because that section belongs to dependents. Children which are in mid-age aren't dependent. I think if this child is above 22 he/she is not dependent.

If I count my dead father in dependent then Q3A will also increase by one family number. Hence total family size will be increased by 1. That means required minimum income will be for 4 family members. That's strange!!
It says above the one you had quoted " mention about all family members ( even though missing or deceased)."