+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NAMES MISMATCH

Nov 28, 2017
Please I need your candid advice!
I am at a loss on what to do!

I never saw this as a problem from my enquiries until after I had made my submission to WES ECA.

My names are a complete mess and I see its going to be a challenge some day.

Here are my details..
My WES Application name : Ogunsakin Lodonte Modupe
Masters Certificate: Modupeola Lodonte Ogunsakin
B.Sc Certificate: Modupe Lodonte Ogunsakin
International Passport : Ogunsakin Modupeola Omosiwajuola

& also I didn't attach any name sworn affidavit to WES. I didn't know I could even.

Omosiwajuola is not in any of my certificates or on my WES Application

And I have already submitted and gotten my WES reference number just yesterday.

I am yet to give my school the WES reference number also.

Please what do you advice i do?

I await your comments.

Thank you!

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
WES will evaluate your certificate and will issue you ECA as per the name you choose while filing the application. In my certificate, my surname is not mentioned but in my passport my surname is mentioned.
While creating my WES account, I mentioned my name with surname even though in my certificate it is missing.
The ECA letter issued by WES mentioned my surname as well.

After that I included a name sworn affidavit in my PR application and listed the reason in the LoE.
Hope it clears your doubt.

Nov 28, 2017
WES will evaluate your certificate and will issue you ECA as per the name you choose while filing the application. In my certificate, my surname is not mentioned but in my passport my surname is mentioned.
While creating my WES account, I mentioned my name with surname even though in my certificate it is missing.
The ECA letter issued by WES mentioned my surname as well.

After that I included a name sworn affidavit in my PR application and listed the reason in the LoE.
Hope it clears your doubt.

Thanks this helps really!

So do you think it's best I had followed my passport name to fill the WES application, do you or does anyone know if I can I edit my name in my WES Application after submitting?

Thanks.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017

So do you think it's best I had followed my passport name to fill the WES application, do you or does anyone know if I can I edit my name in my WES Application after submitting?

Thanks.
i don't think it's that big of a deal in your case, your name is the same everywhere just in different order

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016

Thanks.
Always go with the name mentioned on your passport. if any discrepancy, produce affidavit wrt to the name in passport.
As passport is your REAL identity when you travel from one country to another.
Nobody ask from your college degree or local driving license as a proof of identity.
They all ask for the Passport.
So if you WES ECA has the name written as per your passport, all is well.

Nov 28, 2017
thank you
Always go with the name mentioned on your passport. if any discrepancy, produce affidavit wrt to the name in passport.
As passport is your REAL identity when you travel from one country to another.
Nobody ask from your college degree or local driving license as a proof of identity.
They all ask for the Passport.
So if you WES ECA has the name written as per your passport, all is well.
Thanks , this was helpful.