+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name Split on Post Graduation Work Permit

Asb0711

Apr 18, 2018
Hi

I recently renewed my indian passport in a way that my given name and surname are in appropriate fields. My previous passport had my full name in given name field and surname field was empty.

I am currently on my Post graduation work permit and my name is according to the previous passport. So my full name is in last name (the way CIC asks for if you dont have a surname) and first name is empty.

Do I need to fix my work permit now. Or can I just leave it as it is. And write a self-explanatory letter regarding splitting my name and requesting to fix it when I apply for PR.

Please help me!
I am really tensed about.

aslamh63

Jan 30, 2022
Hi

I recently renewed my indian passport in a way that my given name and surname are in appropriate fields. My previous passport had my full name in given name field and surname field was empty.

I am currently on my Post graduation work permit and my name is according to the previous passport. So my full name is in last name (the way CIC asks for if you dont have a surname) and first name is empty.

Do I need to fix my work permit now. Or can I just leave it as it is. And write a self-explanatory letter regarding splitting my name and requesting to fix it when I apply for PR.

Please help me!
Hi can you please provide an update on your situation if it’s sorted? As I am in need of this information

aslamh63

Jan 30, 2022
Hi

Please help me!
Any update on your situation?