+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name Shortened after Biometrics.

Oct 16, 2020
Hi All,

Hope you are doing well.
I have received my CoPR document today and realized the one of my names is shorted (I have a long full name).
Looking at my previous GCMS notes, I can see my name was not shortened until the biometrics. After the biometrics, there is a note with the "new" shortened name.

I also found on the CIC that they do short names after a limit of 28 characters (each - Name and surname).

Has anyone experienced it? Would that be an issue?

Thank you very much.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Hope you are doing well.
I have received my CoPR document today and realized the one of my names is shorted (I have a long full name).
Looking at my previous GCMS notes, I can see my name was not shortened until the biometrics. After the biometrics, there is a note with the "new" shortened name.

I also found on the CIC that they do short names after a limit of 28 characters (each - Name and surname).

Has anyone experienced it? Would that be an issue?

Thank you very much.
If your name exceeds the max numbers of characters it will be cut. That's how it is, this is normal and you don't have to worry about it. It happened to me many years ago when they used to fo it at fewer characters at 15.

Oct 16, 2020
If your name exceeds the max numbers of characters it will be cut. That's how it is, this is normal and you don't have to worry about it. It happened to me many years ago when they used to fo it at fewer characters at 15.
Hi Wolf,

Thanks for the information. I went today to get all the documents with CoPR, I guess the shortned version will be my "name" from now on, lol.

Thank you,