+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

name sequence

Truc Dau

Feb 18, 2021
In the passport, Mylast name is X And First name: Y Z
However, in my Ielts TRF it is showing that my last name is X and first name Z Y
Does this name sequence cause any issue when I submit this ielts for my PR application?
Someone can help me with this?
It is driving me nut

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
In the passport, Mylast name is X And First name: Y Z
However, in my Ielts TRF it is showing that my last name is X and first name Z Y
Does this name sequence cause any issue when I submit this ielts for my PR application?
Someone can help me with this?
It is driving me nut
NO, it shouldn't be an issue. However, you should contact IELTS and have them rectify this.

Truc Dau

Feb 18, 2021
NO, it shouldn't be an issue. However, you should contact IELTS and have them rectify this.
Once I called the test center where I took this test, they said after releasing the TRF, they wont change my name. Then, I tried to contact them in many ways and sent all letters but have not received answer for them. In the TRF, there is still my passport number as well. So if they want to confirm, they can use that to check. And of course, the same person.
However, again It is driving me nut with this issuse because I am not sure CIC will ignore this minor problem.

xinpin88

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Hi man, you should call IDP Education Canada and tell them they made a mistake. I think they will send you a new TRF. I got the nationality changed from them.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Once I called the test center where I took this test, they said after releasing the TRF, they wont change my name. Then, I tried to contact them in many ways and sent all letters but have not received answer for them. In the TRF, there is still my passport number as well. So if they want to confirm, they can use that to check. And of course, the same person.
However, again It is driving me nut with this issuse because I am not sure CIC will ignore this minor problem.
It's quite evident that it's the same person. Is the passport is there, then you shouldn't worry at all.

Still, if it was their mistake they should correct it. Still it will have no impact, I'm prettys sure.

Truc Dau

Feb 18, 2021
Hi man, you should call IDP Education Canada and tell them they made a mistake. I think they will send you a new TRF. I got the nationality changed from them.
I took it from British Council and tried to contact them in many ways but have not received any answer from them. I am worrying about they will not correct my name sequence.

xinpin88

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
I took it from British Council and tried to contact them in many ways but have not received any answer from them. I am worrying about they will not correct my name sequence.
Don't worry, just call them! They should do it. Making it the same as your passport will let you happy!

Truc Dau

Feb 18, 2021
Don't worry, just call them! They should do it. Making it the same as your passport will let you happy!
I called them thoudsands time and no one pick up the phone. Today, I sent letters to all ielts contact email and nothing came back so far.
Kind of upset

xinpin88

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
I took from British Council :(
I dont know what to do with them even keep trying contact them without any response
You have any advice if I cant change it?
If it doesn't work, I think the thing you can do is to write an explanation letter.