+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

name problem

PARISINGH

Jan 22, 2012
hello
I am an Indian citizen and I am planning to study in canada from fall 2012 semester to fall 2014. My name is Yuvraj Singh (on passport and all documents) but to the university I submitted my name as Yuvraj Singh Gill (surname was mandatory). I want to know if I would get any problems in Visa due to different name on university letter and passport? What should I do?
Please help me out

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PARISINGH said:
hello
I am an Indian citizen and I am planning to study in canada from fall 2012 semester to fall 2014. My name is Yuvraj Singh (on passport and all documents) but to the university I submitted my name as Yuvraj Singh Gill (surname was mandatory). I want to know if I would get any problems in Visa due to different name on university letter and passport? What should I do?
Please help me out
Hi,

1. On visa application you should write your name as it is on passport;

Surname or Family Name: 'Gill'
Given Name or 'First Name + Middle Name': 'Yuvraj Singh'

PARISINGH

Jan 22, 2012
hello
i said my name on passport is given name: yuvraj singh and surname is blank. but the university will issue me letter as Yuvraj singh gill. should i ask the university to change my name? or it is fine that university name and passport names are different?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PARISINGH said:
hello
i said my name on passport is given name: yuvraj singh and surname is blank. but the university will issue me letter as Yuvraj singh gill. should i ask the university to change my name? or it is fine that university name and passport names are different?
Hi,

1. Write as it is on passport.