+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name on citizenship certificate

Sezar_Canada

Nov 17, 2013
I Want change my last name tuesday on my Citizenship ceremony I hope they will do. My last name is turk and this is not my family choice turkish government when was attacked my homeland and controlled everywhere put many Kurds last name turk or same turkish names that because want assimilate people. I will tell them I want last name Kurdistani my certificate

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Can you have a Maiden name on your citizenship certificate and then married name on passport?
That could create problems in the long run. Better to keep same names on both.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I Want change my last name tuesday on my Citizenship ceremony I hope they will do. My last name is turk and this is not my family choice turkish government when was attacked my homeland and controlled everywhere put many Kurds last name turk or same turkish names that because want assimilate people. I will tell them I want last name Kurdistani my certificate
You won't be able to change your name at the ceremony. Your certificate will have the name which you listed in your application. You can, however, change your legal name after you received the certificate. When applying for passports and similar things in the future, you will then have to provide both the citizenship certificate and the proof of name change.

Goldie416

Mar 12, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I just passed my Citizenship test few days ago “March 11, 2020“.
My problem are....
I want to change my last name into my married name before I apply my Canadian passport.
Please is there anyone out there with the same situation like me and want to share his/her experience how you did it.
Anyone have knowledge about it?
What steps should I do and what are the requirements needed?
Please I really need help...