Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Hi I am from Chennai, TamilNadu, India.

The birth certificate I have lists my father's name and mother's name using firstname and initial format.

Using fake names as example: Father's name = Rajesh T.K. and mother's name = Chandra R.
My name in the birth certificate example : Suresh TR.

I have never used my birth name anywhere and always been going by the name Vijay Rajesh (example).

In my 10th and 12th grade marksheets and my passport and all other identifications, the name is Vijay Rajesh.

I used an sworn affidavit and newspaper posting that my official name is Vijay Rajesh for applying my passport.
Do I need to do the same thing when sending my birth certificate for PR application ? Currently, I'm on a work permit in Canada.

Any clarifications, suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks!

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KrishnaManohar said:

The birth certificate I have lists my father's name and mother's name using firstname and initial format.

Using fake names as example: Father's name = Rajesh T.K. and mother's name = Chandra R.

I have never used my birth name anywhere and always been going by the name Vijay Rajesh (example).

In my 10th and 12th grade marksheets and my passport and all other identifications, the name is Vijay Rajesh.

I used an sworn affidavit and newspaper posting that my official name is Vijay Rajesh for applying my passport.
Do I need to do the same thing when sending my birth certificate for PR application ? Currently, I'm on a work permit in Canada.

Thanks!
There is no point in providing the birth certificate (with diff name) along with PR application.
I am not sure whether an affidavit or newspaper add will justify your Birth-Certificate (BC) as correct. Infact, you can use those corroborative material to get the name corrected in your BC. And then apply with a correct BC. Remember BC is a must for PR application, and an incorrect BC can result your application to linger-on /time-wastage.

In my opinion, if you have not submitted your BC anywhere with the Canadian authority then get a new BC from your state Chennai. Cos it always easier to get a new BC then to get the old one corrected. My cousin had the similar issue and his agent advised to get a new BC instead to get the old one corrected. It costs around INR 2000 in delhi to get a new BC (within a month). But be-aware that although the new BC is genuine but it is unethical and dangerous if you get caught for having two diff BC's. So make sure you have not shared your old BC with the Canadian authority.

EMNG5

Feb 25, 2014
kadian said:
There is no point in providing the birth certificate (with diff name) along with PR application.
I am not sure whether an affidavit or newspaper add will justify your Birth-Certificate (BC) as correct. Infact, you can use those corroborative material to get the name corrected in your BC. And then apply with a correct BC. Remember BC is a must for PR application, and an incorrect BC can result your application to linger-on /time-wastage.

In my opinion, if you have not submitted your BC anywhere with the Canadian authority then get a new BC from your state Chennai. Cos it always easier to get a new BC then to get the old one corrected. My cousin had the similar issue and his agent advised to get a new BC instead to get the old one corrected. It costs around INR 2000 in delhi to get a new BC (within a month). But be-aware that although the new BC is genuine but it is unethical and dangerous if you get caught for having two diff BC's. So make sure you have not shared your old BC with the Canadian authority.

I was in same case as being mentioned earlier by KrishnaManohar. My BC has the last name but in all of my documents I don't have any last name. Even my passport don't have last name. It is only and only the BC in which I have the last name.
I submitted my original BC (Hindi) with English translation of BC from ATIO, Toronto. So far my application is in process and I didn't heard anything from CIC on BC till now.

Do you think will it be an issue or if CIC will ask some extra docs?

EMNG5

Feb 25, 2014
redd23 said:
Please get a SAME NAME AFFIDAVIT from a lawyer or notary. That should be suffice.
Is it for me? I didnt heard anything from CIC on BC till now. Do i also get the affidavit and submit it through CSE?

kalees25

Mar 6, 2016
Hi same like that my father name manian but wrongly in the birth certficate mani .so went to ribbon building in egmore near central railway station, (birth certficate section), And then u give correct one like passport copy and u r certficate copy and get affitavit there itself. within two weeks automatically updated in birth certficate in website. then u take print out newone. just 300 rs expense....i did like this. hopefully will help for u..

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Thanks for all your answers.

@Kalees25 I think I will try your option, as it seems very straightforward.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EMNG5 said:
I was in same case as being mentioned earlier by KrishnaManohar. My BC has the last name but in all of my documents I don't have any last name. Even my passport don't have last name. It is only and only the BC in which I have the last name.
I submitted my original BC (Hindi) with English translation of BC from ATIO, Toronto. So far my application is in process and I didn't heard anything from CIC on BC till now.

No, I dont think it will be an issue of concern for you. Cos your name is not different like nick name Vs. official name, as in the case of Krishna. In my opinion, having a last name as an extra field in the BC wont be an issue at all. Cos in BC, your father & mother name along with your first name will corroborate with all other docs.

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
KrishnaManohar said:

Thanks!
first of all

if you are applying under express entry you do not need a birth certificate
birth certificates are only need for your dependent children and not for principal applicant or spouse.

hope that clears your query

if it did + 1

cheers

Reactions: siriusrooney

raj_sidhu2008

Feb 16, 2020

Hello,
Did CIC ask you for any additional documents for different names in BC and Passport?
We are in same boat and your prompt reply would be highly appreciated.