+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name Error

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hello,

I am in the process of preparing my application however I noticed on my marriage certificate they put the wrong name for my mother. They put her married name (which she goes by in her everyday life) but on my birth certificate it has her maiden name.

I got married in my partner’s country so Im not sure how to fix this problem, do you think this will cause an issue when I submit my application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

I am in the process of preparing my application however I noticed on my marriage certificate they put the wrong name for my mother. They put her married name (which she goes by in her everyday life) but on my birth certificate it has her maiden name.

I got married in my partner’s country so Im not sure how to fix this problem, do you think this will cause an issue when I submit my application?
I doubt it will be an issue if you put a short explanation, and if there's enough (some) documentation that have her with each/both names. Eg if you can show she uses her married name even if not documented as legal name.

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
I doubt it will be an issue if you put a short explanation, and if there's enough (some) documentation that have her with each/both names. Eg if you can show she uses her married name even if not documented as legal name.
Ok thank you! Her name on her passport is her married name I guess I can show that as proof