+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

name different in WES. advice needed

meetp1005

Mar 10, 2021
Hi Guys, I went thru this thread however, I am still confused. Actually, I need to file WES for my wife. She has just First name in her Academic certificate. However, In her Passport, She has First Name and Last Name (Last name was added after marriage). So My question is when creating a WES profile for her then Do I need to mention Name as per Passport? If yes then What document I should provide to WES in support of telling them that She doesn't have any Last name on her Academic certificate. Please help me out here if anyone faced same issue.
This might be vary case to case but my friend had almost same case. He added the same name affidavit and he got the same name in WES as per his passport.

Gkaur95

Star Member
May 6, 2021
Hi jagjeet I have same problem. My name is gurman kaur. And Wes generated the Wes with kaur,gurman. What you did to your report.

Gkaur95

Star Member
May 6, 2021
Hello guys..need ur advice..my name is Jagjeet Singh and i have the same name in all my credentials..and same is indicated in my passport as well. But the problem is while i was creating account on WES, it asked for Surname and first name therefore,i mentioned surname as Singh and first name as Jagjeet..now the report which is generated is having my name as SINGH,Jagjeet..will it be a problem for me?
Hi jagjeet I have same problem. My name is gurman kaur. And Wes generated the Wes with kaur,gurman. What you did to your report.

arun2307

Jun 11, 2021
Hi,

I have filled WES with name on Degree certificate which is pooja s thakur
But in passport it is expanded name for 's'.
So when ECA evaluation report it is pooja s thakur which is different from name on passport.

Will it be a problem in later process?
It will be really helpful if I can get some suggestion on how to proceed further.
Did your process finish? I'm having the same issue.

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
Hello knoweldgeable readers,
My sister has to send her degree to WES for equivalency, the problem is her name in the degree is shorter (Sarah Mohammed) whereas name on her passport is longer as it covers full name of our father (Sarah Mohammed Khan). Can anybody please guide us whether we should attach a letter of explanation when sending the degree to WES?
Thank You!

meetp1005

Mar 10, 2021
Hello knoweldgeable readers,
My sister has to send her degree to WES for equivalency, the problem is her name in the degree is shorter (Sarah Mohammed) whereas name on her passport is longer as it covers full name of our father (Sarah Mohammed Khan). Can anybody please guide us whether we should attach a letter of explanation when sending the degree to WES?
Thank You!
I guess you need to submit the same name affidavit and LOE. I did the same to IRCC and my PR application has been approved.

Feb 27, 2023
Benin city
hey guys,

my name is passport is shruti sharma and my name in educational credential (i.e. degree certificates) is sharma shruti raja. (raja being my dads first name, which is mentioned in the passport). WES states " the name on submitted academic credentials differ from the name indicated above. " and then the degree evaluation. What do i need to do now? do i need to create an affidavit or a LOE will do? since its just my name jumbled up
Hi all ,
I have first name only in my bachelors degree .
I have full name on my passport and all other documents .
While filling up the WES application it is asking for a compulsory mention of last name .
What shall I write in that section ?

Thanks in advance