+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

name different in passport and educational certificates

seff786

Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys,
So my name is my edu certifcates is different to the one in my passport, It should be noted that I underwent a name change due to personal/religious reasons and hence this difference, (also my old passport shows the same name as my current edu certifcates)
so what do I do here, will I face a head ache when I will have to submit the documents? (I have used the new name in my passport fyi)
the old name is *askkk* *xxx* *yyy* while the new name is *xxx* *yyy* ; so basically I dropped the first part of my name, and I have proof of my name change (gazette notification and news paper ad which I had to produce while changing my name in my existing passport )

so what is the best way to prove to CIC that I have underwent a name change and hence its the same person that's being represented across all the different documents that I will be submitting.

Any help would be golden.

M.Kenobi

Apr 5, 2019
Hey guys,
So my name is my edu certifcates is different to the one in my passport, It should be noted that I underwent a name change due to personal/religious reasons and hence this difference, (also my old passport shows the same name as my current edu certifcates)
so what do I do here, will I face a head ache when I will have to submit the documents? (I have used the new name in my passport fyi)
the old name is *askkk* *xxx* *yyy* while the new name is *xxx* *yyy* ; so basically I dropped the first part of my name, and I have proof of my name change (gazette notification and news paper ad which I had to produce while changing my name in my existing passport )

so what is the best way to prove to CIC that I have underwent a name change and hence its the same person that's being represented across all the different documents that I will be submitting.

Any help would be golden.
As long as you've got an official change of name documents like gazzette etc. You will be fine. Just explain it in your LOE and attach the documents to it.